Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

I can see where you're coming from Andy but many travelling fans who are working will want to know asap today. Not everyone can change holiday arrangements at 2/3 hours notice. It may also take time to contact folk.

Hope I'm wrong but what I took out of yesterday's announcement was that the pitch wasn't playable yesterday but given good overnight temperatures (which there don't seem to have been) might be playable today. Doesn't look good.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently -1.6C up there, temp fell below freezing around 4am this morning although it had been above freezing for quite a while beforehand. Not a severe frost, Andy's suggestion of delaying the inspection might be enough to get it on.

Radio Scotland were reporting minus tempretures in the Aboyne\Aberdeen area at 6.30 this morning - may well depend on whether the pitch was able to thaw sufficiently yesterday, and whether a freeze is forecast is predicted for tonight.

Not as confident as I was last night ;)

MON RA DOSSERS

I hope I am wrong but I think it looks unlikely this game will go ahead.

It appears as if there was an outside chance if the temperature remained above freezing last night, which it has not done and it has also fallen below freezing this morning. A day of sunshine may sort that out but a decision needs to made asap this morning, as very few can ask for a half day with 5 mins notice, plus little chance then to return tickets to the club for a refund.

Fingers crossed.

According to BBC, the games off.

Inverurie Locos' Scottish Cup fourth-round tie with Motherwell has been postponed for the third time after a 0900 GMT pitch inspection on Monday.

The eventual winners of the tie will be at home to St Mirren in the next round of the competition

Had a full bus, whats the chances of all those people getting holidays moved? Fuck all thats what. No danger the game will be a goer on Weds. What a load of bollocks, I really couldnt give a fuck about it anymore! SFA should really be coming in for more stick, after all its their Trophy. They should be doing a hell of a lot more to help the Locos get this game on

the game will go ahead on wed, i'm pretty confident of that, supposed to be pishing with rain and 5-6c for the next two days.

Yeah it does look fairly positive. The only concern according to this 48 hour forecast being a dip in temperature on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, albeit it still stays above freezing.

Come on this time, surely......please!?!?!?!?!?!