Cup Penalties

Yoshi-1991

so we are in a semi final, and about to plunge into the scottish cup. and with these cups comes the prospect of a penalty shoot out. I was thinking about this the other day and was interested to see who other people would choose if/when the big moment comes. over the last year we have had our fair share of penalty collapses which makes our selection a tricky one. i would say my 5 would be ( assuming they are still here at the time).

Blackman

Hately

Jennings

Murphy

Sutton

Great question!

Obviously depends on who is on the field at the time. All 3 subs, I assume, would have been used so players like Sutton, Casagolda and Forbes may well be on the pitch.

Therefore, I'd go with:

1. Sutton

2. Forbes

3. Casagolda

4. Hateley

5. Hammell

blackman

hammell

hateley

casagolda

randolph

7 or 8 months ago jenno would have been one of my first picks but playing in midfield for motherwell seems to completely knacker any shooting ability a player posseses.

Well, he can fairly put the laces through it as they say...

He's as likely to sky it as anyone else, so why not...?!

who in their right mind would have Stevie Hammell hitting one!?

Has Hammell ever missed a penalty for Motherwell?? He used to hit them for Southend and I'm sure he scored a few aswell.

Why wouldnt you want him to hit them may I ask. I remember when he first came on the scene, would regularly get forward and have a crack at goal and possessed a very good strike off the ball. Something he deosnt do very often now.

Never seen the Well in 'nalties. Came close a couple times (Easter Road in 2005 againt the Jambos.) I wouldn't mind who took the penalties as long as...

1 - Goal

2 - Goal

3 - Goal

4 - Goal

5 - Goal

But if I was to pick...

Blackman

Murphy

Gow

Craigan

Sutton (If they were still on the park...)

Hately, Forbes and Murphy have all missed vitally important penalties. Could they cope with the pressure of a shootout?

There was far more pressure on Hateley with the penalty against St Mirren than there was with the one against Accies. A good few factors to take into consideration. I wouldn't fancy hitting a penalty against Cerny. Guy has a cracking record.