Well/barca

carlukemurray

Not quite club chat, but Craig Brown should get a dvd of last nights Barca game and make the team sit down and watch it every day. Top class stuff.

Fair point - although I think most coaches should be showing their players how Barcelona set themselves out. Motherwell might not match Xavi, Messi, et al for class, but by replicating some of Barca's tactics, can make ourselves very difficult to play against. For example -

- closing down players when not in possession. All defenders, midfielders and attackers chase down the ball to win back possession. Blackman and Murphy could copy Villa by harrassing defenders looking to pass the ball forward.

- close, short passing. At times, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta look like school boys, hunting through the centre of the park in a tight pack. But try taking the ball off them when at least 2 team mates are waiting six feet away. Remember a game versus Partick, when a Well midfield passed the ball more than 20 times before sticking it in the net.

- fit as a bucher's dug - all of them

Why shouldn't Motherwell adopt tactics like this?

I watched the game top class stuff from Barca, but Real madrid were utter sh*te, even Motherwell would have run them close :P no game plan other than assault messi at every oportunity, no committment after Villa's goal they seemed to chuck it.

But i agree with the original post, Jack and Victor should sit the team down with a DVD of the game and let them learn how the beautiful game should be played, we are never going to have the talent at that level but we are capable of the workrate, organisation and the commitment, which should be ok for the SPL