Odense At Home

decorator

am i the only one who still has nightmare's about this game?

3 great away game's missed and money in the bank :nod:

+ 1 :nod: Since i started going to Fir park nearly 40 years ago i waited for Motherwell to win something big, then in 91 we won the cup, the next challenge was Europe and get past the qualifying rounds and into the tournament proper. After knocking on the door against AS Nancy i really thought we would take the step into the group stages against Odense and we fecked up. :O We missed a big big chance against a very ordinary team to raise not just Motherwells profile but scottish footballs as well.

It took me a few weeks to get over that game, still we need to make sure we are in there next season for another attempt, as the Fanzine says " Waiting for the great leap Forward"

It was disappointing, but I don't have nightmares about it. We certainly made enough chances to win the tie, but you just can't squander as many as we did against experienced European opposition and expect to win. If we played them half a dozen times, we'd probably have one once or twice, and unfortunately that night just wasn't one of them.

I do fear that it's the best chance we'll have to qualify for the group stages for a very long time, though.

Watching Villareal and Zagreb last night brought it back for me. Felt like I'd been dropkicked in the chest leaving that game. The Murphy Penalty, Blackman's chance.. Even those two would've taken us to extra time. Total nightmare being that now, playing as we are, we'd have absolutely hoored those c***s.

i still want to punch everyone of their directors in the face :wallbash: utter pricks

Hate them ! Have time for every club i've saw us play in Europe but this is the

biggest :wank: of a club as far as i'm concerned. Just couldn't take to them at all.

When you compare this lot to Aalesund it's like chalk and cheese and it's not 'cause we got beaten by them. The only good thing about Odense were the police, Deco's never been dragged out of a game by a nicer bunch of officers :thumbup:

Didn't make the return leg, but that late goal in Odense will live with me for a very long time. OB were not a good team, but were very good at cheating imho, so add them to Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Dortmund and Frisk in my "Hated Group".

We missed a huge chance to earn some big bucks and see some quality euro-opposition at the Citadel ........... sadly an opportunity we may not see come our way again.