Aberdeen Site....

casey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the usual betting trick that seems to happen regularly in the "Next Manager" market. The idea is that someone sticks a whack of money on someone to get the job, the bookies panic and slash the odds on that person which in turn lengthens the price on the person that the scammer actually wants to back - they then wade in with the really big bet at the better price.

I'd say the shorter price on Broon means he's even less likely to be the next Dons gaffer.

The front of them. They probably imagine Jose Muriniho is in his office at the Bernabau swithering about taking the sheep shaggers over! And the way they think they got one over us with shovelface. He went up north after everyone else he pimped himself to gave him a big KB.

Fuckers!

Not going to happen and the comments on that forum show how out of touch they are. Their 80's success, you did well, you have a sizeable support compared to many outside the OF however 30 years on and they still have this delusional hangover.

At present Craig leaves his nice pad in Ayr, picks up Archie from his nice pad on the way and show up in Motherwell. Despite the slim transfer budget, they are getting kudos and plaudits from the press, fans and board. Craig's stock is rising after his stint as Scotland manager and we now look back on his record as think "hey that's not as bad as we thought at the time".

I would find it a hard sell for Archie to go to his wife and say, "6 days a week I'm going to be living in Aberdeen", and even if its a villa and not a hotel, combine that with the fact he was integral in the Rangers setup when Durrant was maimed and still counts him as a close friend. There is a bit too much history there. I also tend to think they only come as a pair now.

They have also stated they entered into a gentleman's agreement with respect to their status at FP. These guys are old school when your word means something, not like Gannon when you say one thing while pursuing other options.

So are they going to leave .... no, just another example of lazy journalism where the reporter thinks to himself, "OK a SPL team needs a new manager, which other SPL manager is doing well? .... Brown and Butcher, OK now I have a story.

This rumour appears to be growing arms and legs.

Don't kid yourself that Brown wouldn't be interested should an offer be made, Aberdeen are a bigger club than we are and I reckon he'd jump at the challenge and I don't think for one moment that travel or his age would be an issue. Craig Brown may be old, but he's an ambitious man and he may well look at this as too good an opportunity to turn down.

This rumour appears to be growing arms and legs.

Don't kid yourself that Brown wouldn't be interested should an offer be made.

Well he did say Motherwell would be his last job, but to be honest if he goes, he goes. He did what needed to be done at Fir Park i.e. brought some stability, and if he feels the need to step aside then so be it.

I think he would be an idiot to take on Aberdeen at this stage in his career, but on the other hand, it's not going to affect his future prospects :whistling: