• Chris Humphrey
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Alan Gow
    • Nick Blackman
    • John Sutton
    • Ross Forbes
    • Null Vote

Lasley was anonymous for the first half until his goal.

Gow for me was easily the best player in a Well strip tonight. Always looking to do something a bit better than the usual long ball nonsense, constantly looking for 1-2s and throughballs and quite a few came off. If the rest of them were more on his wavelength it might have paid off more often. Held the ball up well too.

Off nights for quite a few, particualrly Reynolds.

lasley for me, rest were horrific if you ask me, gow was terrible in my opinion he trys way to hard, murphy might aswell no have been playing. blackman seemed to do nothing and put no effort in. the humph tryed but was going no where, entire deffence seemed to make basic mistakes, and i knew jennings was going to get sent off from about the 3rd minuite into the game, he was looking for it if you ask me.

Not too many good performances to choose from tonight. Humphrey was bullied out of the game, Murphy too (for the most part anyway). Gow struggled to make an impact and tried to overplay everything (despite some nice play at times), Blackman got penalised every time he breathed near a Hearts player and the defence were poor. Although I actually thought Hateley had one of his better games of late. Even Jennings seemed to be a bit off his game and gave the ball away a lot more than usual.

Lasley was the one player who looked really hungry for this today, possibly just glad to be back after being out but I thought he was the best of a bad bunch.

Gow for me was easily the best player in a Well strip tonight. Always looking to do something a bit better than the usual long ball nonsense, constantly looking for 1-2s and throughballs and quite a few came off. If the rest of them were more on his wavelength it might have paid off more often. Held the ball up well too.

+ 1 :nod:

I went for Lasley cause he seemed to be one of the only well players who really wanted to win the game and he was making good runs and getting ahead of the strikers on more than one occasion and as usual he was battling for every ball.

Was also impressed by Hateleys performance.

As for Gow, when his wee things come off they are great such as the delicate wee through ball for the goal but I would say 80% of the flicks, spins and 1-2's he played were predictable, lazy and needless. In my opinion he needs a good kick up the arse and told to play the ball thats on instead of always trying to get himself on soccer am's showboat section.

Frustrating night in general and Hearts deservered their win.

Pass marks for Hateley, Hammell & Murphy.

Gow is one that will always split opinion but I'd rather watch a boy with a bit of technique and vision every week than someone that runs their balls off to limited effect.

Lasley without doubt motm. Should by captain imo.

Gow has technique and vision which he uses to limited effect. He gives the ball away much more than doing anything useful. Obviosly I like to watch players with good technique and vision but when it is not applied properly and mixed with laziness it leads to major frustration.

Gow could do with staying on his feet a bit more and had the occasional overhit pass.

Overall though I think the lack of a runner or team-mate on the same wavelength (at the moment - I'm sure it'll come) made it look like things weren't coming off.

I think with a bit of patience it'll all come good. he's got the ability and the vision. he needs to click with the players around him for it to take shape. i'm sure it will.

I think, if he stays, he'll do the business. I like what I've seen so far

I don't think Gow played as bad as some have said, although he certainly didn't play as well as some have said. His decision making was woeful. We had in the second half a three on one breakaway and his awful pass you wouldn't even see on a Sunday League Division 10 match!

I'll re-watch the match when I get home from work but I don't think there were any stand-outs and if I was going on a scoring system then Lasley would win it due to the plus point of scoring!