Total Shambles

Dexter Dawg

It doesn't annoy me, it's just factually incorrect. I doubt anyone could even explain what constitutes our 'weight', what constitutes our 'punches' and quantify the quality of those punches in such a way that makes us somehow lucky in beating what, by definition, must be consistently superior opponents.

It just sounds like a label tossed around by some incompetent, OF loving tabloid journo.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, we always have been fighting against bigger, stronger, more wealthy opponents and doing no' too bad, it's part of our make-up as a club and hopefully always will be. :whistling:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the term 'punching above our weight' cos so many folk don't. The fact it is true and annoys so many people is a bonus. I also like the fact it bugs folk, and so many don't like it it seems. Therefore I tend to sway towards using it, just cos other folk hate it. In fact I think I might use it as my sig in future

"Punching Above Our Weight"

Looks good don't you think? ;)

No sure if I like the font :whistling:

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, we always have been fighting against bigger, stronger, more wealthy opponents and doing no' too bad, it's part of our make-up as a club and hopefully always will be. :whistling:
My argument still stands. Saying we punch above our weight is an insult to the team's ability as it's implying their skill level isn't sufficient to justify their league position.

My argument still stands. Saying we punch above our weight is an insult to the team's ability as it's implying their skill level isn't sufficient to justify their league position.

Not at all, saying it merely tells the truth about our position in Scottish fitba'. We're a small club doing very well at present but rest assured we will return to our previous status sometime more than likely. Hopefully the guys on the park will continue punching above our weight for a while though.

People are though!

Its a sad fact small clubs like motherwell will not face up to charging fans a fortune for the entertainment on offer and the "service" provided.

More and more do it more often for the same reasons stated above.

Adress the problems that are forcing fans away and resources may be more accessable.

How can clubs address the problems? There are rules and laws that the club have to follow and they also have a responsibility for the safety of the people in the stadium.

Stewarding and policing cost the club a fortune, they do it because they HAVE to, not because they are mini tyrants that like crushing people under their jack boot.

I realise that stewards and police can often be over zealous but its really out of the clubs hands.

Not at all, saying it merely tells the truth about our position in Scottish fitba'. We're a small club doing very well at present but rest assured we will return to our previous status sometime more than likely. Hopefully the guys on the park will continue punching above our weight for a while though.

Id just settle for them punching just now rather than being punch drunk, i know its the season of goodwill but ffs there being too generous at giving gifts.