Hately

Orinoco

I'm not sure if I'd be glad to see Gow go, or annoyed that we'd got him close to match fit (he still looks like he has a bit to go?), then he goes and has a good second half of season elsewhere?

How long can we give him to come good?

I can see has something, but does he have the enthusiasm and workrate or even any end product? I didnt even know which fot he shoots with, 'cos he never gets a shot away!

Last season I thought that Hateley was a great right back, he kept most of his opponent's tied down and going forward he posed a threat. I also think that his link up with Lasley and O'Brian, where they played one touch passes between the three of them, was at times a joy to watch. Because of this I still believe that the guy has talent but I just don't think that it shows in midfield. Move him back to his old position and let see if we can get him, lasley and Humphrys working down the right.

As for Gow, I do think that he could do us a turn but I'm just not sure that our team can create the space the guy needs to play his style. We'd need to change the way we play to suit him and I'm just not sure we have that luxury.