Hately

Orinoco

I know we should not focus on any one player after a defeat, but having watched his performance today, what is everyone's constructive views.

For me he passed the ball reasonably well, but his positional sense, tackling ability, and effort was very questionable today. He knew we were light in the midfield area, he knew half time was approaching, but to me he bottled it and took the easy option and let his colleagues and fans down. If he was unwell he should not have started!

It's time those in charge of our club recognised that he offers nothing in midfield.

As for Hately, much like Kerr before him, they've got to realise they have the ability, but without effort, guts and drive, they will never become anything other than average at best.

I know we should not focus on any one player after a defeat, but having watched his performance today, what is everyone's constructive views.

For me he passed the ball reasonably well, but his positional sense, tackling ability, and effort was very questionable today. He knew we were light in the midfield area, he knew half time was approaching, but to me he bottled it and took the easy option and let his colleagues and fans down. If he was unwell he should not have started!

It's time those in charge of our club recognised that he offers nothing in midfield.

As for Hately, much like Kerr before him, they've got to realise they have the ability, but without effort, guts and drive, they will never become anything other than average at best.

Bullshit. Why say you shouldnt single a player then start a new topic?!

I thought he was having quite a good game (comparatively) until he went off. In the absence of Jennings then I can assume you would rather have Forbes or Fitzpatrick in there?

Bottom line is he is a much better RB than CM.

agreed

saunders was woeful today and if anyone should be singled out then it's him.the og aside his passing was dreadful and 2 or 3 times he gave the ball away up the park and rangers almost scored from it.he's not had many chances fair enough but he's certainly not went on from his performances when he first came into the team.

Too many guys had a shite game today unfair to focus on any one player.

Easier to focus on the guys that were half decent and only, Hammell, Lasley, Murphy and Sutton get passmarks in my book. Fucking hated that game today, couldn't wait for it to finish and get a pint down my neck.

New manager can't start soon enough the guys look totally lost and had no direction. Young does a great job for the club but thank fuck he didn't get the first team managers job.

His recent shite performances aren't a patch on those of Alan Gow. Absolute fucking imposter of a footballer. Am i right in saying his contract is up next month?

no doubt gow is a posing poofy bastard but i think hes a decent player who is one step ahead of some boys on the team

no doubt gow is a posing poofy bastard but i think hes a decent player who is one step ahead of some boys on the team

I think gow has the makings of a good player, showed some good touches, some good passes and bit of skill, but most of the times he makes the wrong decisions, either from takin to many touches or just making the wrong pass.

I don't think hately is a centre mid at all and I would play Fizzy in there every time. Or Forbes. I've never been huge on Saunders, he has impressed at times but I think his place should be Tom's.

I'm the same as most, fucking hated the game and could not wait for it to end. I'm afraid I only got annoyed with Humphrey today when he walked along the east stand crowd looking at us in despair as many headed for the exits. Had it been any other player I might of been shouting don't look to us mate!.... but I remembered he does bust a gut. He just doesn't have to pay to watch total half assed dross. As others have said though, we have been shite before and we will be shite again

I thought we would miss Jenno today and we did. Again, as others have mentioned, the word 'imposter' entered my head when watching Gow/Bambi dance about in the park. He makes me miss O'Brien - he should be running about like a headless chicken dictating things in the final third, he looked like his mum had been shot and he was lost in the woods. He needs some perspective or a dose of reality or something... perhaps a bog wash in the east stand urinal?

Onwards and upwards. Please. Gargle gargle.

Hateley was indeed ill, but he gave it a go because it was Rangers... i think the lad is a good player who like mentioned before plays where the boss wants him.... Rangers were not great today, but when Hateley went off they took over the match... i would keep him in the team as he contributes most games... and we have seen what happens when he is replaced.

I'm in a quandry, post on this useless thread and put it to the top of the list or not bother and let it drop down onto page 2 where it belongs.

He did OK in his 20 minutes and appeared to be playing better than the majority of the rest of the team.

He also appeared to take to the field despite having some underlying illness, credit for that in my eyes too.

There is a growing list of starters who have consistently underperformed in the past 2 months and they would certainly merit a finger pointing thread more so than Hateley.

As regards Gow, he has so much skill and ability, not to mention a great fitba brain. We'd be very well off if some of our other players were on his wavelength more often. Yes he gives the ball away, but when you're a creator who takes risks that will happen.