Could We Become A Feeder Club?

Well73

Like most on here I'm a bit fed up with the whole looking for another manager, players with contracts up and the club I love is stalled with no cash, much like most other SPL clubs.

We can offer competitive football where europe is a possiblity and cups could be won. We now have access to top training facilities and are within travelling distance to some BIG clubs. What I'm getting at is we need to change the playing side of the club big time, could we become a feeder club for one of the bigger teams in England or maybe mainland europe??

I know years ago we were close to a few clubs Spurs sticks in my head for some reason but with the gulf in cash and playing standards now if this is possibly a way forward for us as a club? We can't afford to buy the best, but what if we used the other clubs boys and brought them on? We have interviewed two ex-assistant managers, why not just have the bigger club supply him as well? We still bring on our own boys and if they make the grade the big club gets first sniff. It would let us see some fresh young players and should be better than what we are being asked to pay to watch at the moment! So in turn would bring the fans back.

We should also have the chance to win something at the start of the season.

Another nice wee twist to this would be that the old firm couldn't just come in and nick all our young guns that might do damage to them in the future. Asking a BIGGER club for player x and being told where to go would bring them down a peg or two.

I could go on and on about this as I do think this might be a way forward for us and may save the club some big bucks.

Mon the well :whistling:

And we've been feeding managers to Aberdeen too :whistling:

Thats what I'm getting at as well Al we would be protecting ourself from the so called bigger clubs in Scotland. We could benefit from young tallent and maybe some silver stuff which could get us bigger crowds? A franchised playing side and the commercial side run full steam ahead.

I am not that old meant to type McFadden but fingers not working at the same speed as brain :D

I know but couldnae resist. Anyways given we are already a feeder club of sorts it might not be so daft an idea, especially given the Old Firm want to move to England, why not bring England's reserves up here. Would probably be enough to challenge the fuckers. B-)

The idea is a good one, unfortunately big teams are generally not interested in Scottish players or the whole youth system we have. What could we seriously offer a Sporting Lisbon, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Marseilles or Juventus? These teams and most other teams in Europe have strategic feeder teams already in place in countries where better players come from and where they may be able to send their players to improve. Scotland is not a place that would rank high on a list of potential locations for feeder clubs I would imagine.

The idea is a good one, unfortunately big teams are generally not interested in Scottish players or the whole youth system we have. What could we seriously offer a Sporting Lisbon, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Marseilles or Juventus? These teams and most other teams in Europe have strategic feeder teams already in place in countries where better players come from and where they may be able to send their players to improve. Scotland is not a place that would rank high on a list of potential locations for feeder clubs I would imagine.

We could develop the young talent in the ways of the dark side, they would go back highly skilled in drinking, chasing women, questionable gambling practices, religious bigotry and leaving your kids in freezing motors. B-) As for the football they would quickly revert to the scottish level.