Annual Rant

Wee Alpha

That may be what the term has come to mean in recent years but when we 'earned' the tag is was used to describe someone who likes a sleep as part of your cut & paste job above says.

Stop moaning, you can't change history, officially it might Steelmen, and you can choose to use that if you prefer but those of us who choose to use the historical term have just as much right.

That may be what the term has come to mean in recent years but when we 'earned' the tag is was used to describe someone who likes a sleep as part of your cut & paste job above says.

Stop moaning, you can't change history, officially it might Steelmen, and you can choose to use that if you prefer but those of us who choose to use the historical term have just as much right.

Fair point, its everyones right to choose but steelmen or dossers we all support the same team. mon the well :wallbash:

But who says it's "historical"? In over 40 years of supporting 'Well I'd never heard the term until that Off The Ball radio programme dubbed us the Dossers a few short years back. Only then did it start to proliferate. Prior to that, it was always the Steelmen or 'Well going back into the mists of history. Even my dad, Lanarkshire born and bred, getting on for 80 and having gone to see the team in the halcyon days of the 50s and early 60s, has never heard the term Dossers to describe 'Well fans.

Anyway, I'm off for a snooze :wallbash: .

But who says it's "historical"? In over 40 years of supporting 'Well I'd never heard the term until that Off The Ball radio programme dubbed us the Dossers a few short years back. Only then did it start to proliferate. Prior to that, it was always the Steelmen or 'Well going back into the mists of history. Even my dad, Lanarkshire born and bred, getting on for 80 and having gone to see the team in the halcyon days of the 50s and early 60s, has never heard the term Dossers to describe 'Well fans.

Anyway, I'm off for a snooze :thumbup: .

Dosser! :evilgrin:

I say it's historical a'right :wallbash:

Yer Da' must have been away dossing all this time then cos I remember it from my childhood in the 60s, it faded out for years when the new meaning of the term became more in use but since the mid-90s it's been steadily brought back into common use, and rightly so. Away read a book about the club and ye might find something out about it, it's hardly a new topic.