Thanks Youngy

Megastar

And?

The guy is quite clearly uncomfortable in a manager's role and has no desire to be there. He's stepped up to plate because we needed someone. What exactly were you expecting from such an arrangement?

Personally, I'd have expected much, much more from a bunch of players who knew they had to produce without a manager spoon feeding them, rather than turning up on Sunday (for example) as though they couldn't care less.

Never a football manager, but then he knows that. Cheers Youngy.

Jay, I completely understand that and agree that the players bottocks should be red raw for their scandalous lack of application

That's exactly what happened and he didn't want to be there.

Due a medal? Sorry No

and btw Jim Gannon's a c**t

I think not!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing personal against the man but he took charge of 3 games and 2 of them were the most spineless performances I have ever seen by a Motherwell team.

We need team players, fighters and winners - lets hope Stuart McCall can install that in our team because I'm afraid Gordon Young couldn't.

To be fair to Gordon Young he never asked to be put in this position. And would probably be the first in line to admit that he hasn’t got what it takes to be a SPL manager.

He most likely didn’t have the option to say, “No I’m not doing it.” Or maybe he should have just let ‘Flow take charge! Now that would have been interesting! :thumbup:

Jay, I completely understand that and agree that the players bottocks should be red raw for their scandalous lack of application

That's exactly what happened and he didn't want to be there.

Due a medal? Sorry No

and btw Jim Gannon's a c**t

I think not!

Oh aye, I wouldn't say for a second he deserves a medal. But I think he is due some thanks at least, especially given he turned down a move to Aberdeen with Brown & Knox, given he can't be certain to be kept on when the new gaffer comes in.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's been a very poor managerial stint. We'd all have done it differently. I'd have used the period in charge to get rid of Alan Gow for instance. It looks as though Young's discomfort in managing was mirrored in a nervous refusal to change anything - and it's cost us. But let's not forget his three games in charge have been against the three teams that'll finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd this season.

He's never a football manager in a million years, but he's kept things ticking over and tonight's second half has restored a bit of the optimism I lost on Sunday, because we actually looked half decent.

The guy stepped up, and took up the job for a few weeks. A good Motherwell guy and all that. We didn't expect him to do wonders and win every game but the performances were inept and for that he and the players need to take the blame and have a good look at themselves.

Just play the same team and formation as Jack and Victor until the new guy starts no matter what - fuck sake I could have done that.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's been a very poor managerial stint. We'd all have done it differently. I'd have used the period in charge to get rid of Alan Gow for instance. It looks as though Young's discomfort in managing was mirrored in a nervous refusal to change anything - and it's cost us. But let's not forget his three games in charge have been against the three teams that'll finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd this season.

that sums it up. he's had the three hardest games possible, chances are we would have lost them anyway.

you would have hoped that he would have had the confidence to chase the shirkers in the squad out the team but he clearly didn't. i've heard that he's disillusionsed as to why the players haven't reacted for him but letting rangers pound us while we play a 4-1-5 then starting gow up front on own his tonight and giving him the 90 again is not going to inspire the troops.

Rubbish wind up merchant Steve.

Usual pish!

Am I not entitled to my view Andy

Seriously?

if you read the posts you'll see that more than a couple actually agree that Young didn't do much in his brief spell.

You'll also see that i didn't bring any other individuals into the conversation.

So contrary to what you think - I gave my view to the question in hand. And I didn't muddy the waters / wind anyone up by dragging any other individauls into the conversation.

i'm sorry my views don't conform to the expected norm. However they are my views and I'm perfectly entitled toair them (even though their not drastically different to a number of posters)

You're more than welcome, although I think you jumped the gun with the 'away and have a fuckin word' patter.

This has been a horrific couple of weeks, there are so many including myself wondering why we bother after the whole Brown situation, lot of call-off's and generally shite fitba.

I don't think he was ever likely to come through the last three games looking great.

You're more than welcome, although I think you jumped the gun with the 'away and have a fuckin word' patter.

This has been a horrific couple of weeks, there are so many including myself wondering why we bother after the whole Brown situation, lot of call-off's and generally shite fitba.

I don't think he was ever likely to come through the last three games looking great.

Nah - you accused me of being at the wind up

Are you not at the wind up?

I would've been happy with 3 points out of 9 in the last 3 games , hearts are the form team in the league and rangers and celtic are always a cut above the rest.

Gordon young is a good (LOYAL) servant to the club men like him are few and far between.

We lost all 3 games so what?

should we chasing the guy out the door saying thanks for f all?

He has been putting together schedules arranging coaching sessions speaking to players and taking the reigns in an unfamiliar role because craig brown saw ££££ signs.

Most fan's tend to forget that managers have family in the background and he's probably done all this to the expense of spending valueable time with them at home over christmas

he'll never get that time back...

Regardless of the results he stepped up to the plate the real measurement of success will be mccall's transition into our manager.

Watch this space...

Thanks gordon it's appreciated

I'm well until i die i'm well until i die i know i am i'm sure i am i'm well until i die!!!!

Thanks Youngy ma hole

Fuckin spineless and abyssmal

away and have a fuckin word wi yerselfs

I 100% agree mate. Fair do's it was three tough matches but I have never seen such gutless displays in my puff. I don't understand why people as so defensive of young. He was given the reigns and untrusted with first team duties and failed misrably. Thanks for sweet f all would be more appropriate.

i wish ur comments could be deleted u are a negative influence on a positive thread it would've been good for gordon to read this thread being 100% positive but u screwed that up well done you

Aye cut this and send him an e-mail as a testament to my personal negativity on a 100% positive thread

P4 W0 D0 L4 F2 A7 PTS 0

Place in history assured :P:evilgrin:

Nah all joking aside......good effort. Couldn't have been easy. Hope he gained something positive from the experience.

Nothing personal against the man but he took charge of 3 games and 2 of them were the most spineless performances I have ever seen by a Motherwell team.

Just had to watch Alan Gow not break sweat agian, not jump for a header, shite out of every challenge and let his opponents waltz past him. It's ok tho cause he had a good pass in the hearts game.

We need team players, fighters and winners - lets hope Stuart McCall can install that in our team because I'm afraid Gordon Young couldn't.

youngy is a good well fan but so is jim frame and there's a chance a he might have done better with the team.

the 2nd half against rangers was a shambles and starting with gow up front on his own tonight was shocking, it took the guy 40 mins to pass the ball to a motherwell never mind hold the ball up.

if jenno is getting investigated for getting himself sent off then someone should be checking if youngy is getting backhanders from gow's people.

Good that he stepped up to take charge. Having said that though, and while I appreciate he's said himself management isn't for him, I don't particularly think he deserves any actual praise beyond the thanks for taking charge.

The guy stepped up, and took up the job for a few weeks. A good Motherwell guy and all that. We didn't expect him to do wonders and win every game but the performances were inept and for that he and the players need to take the blame and have a good look at themselves.

Just play the same team and formation as Jack and Victor until the new guy starts no matter what - fuck sake I could have done that.

that sums it up. he's had the three hardest games possible, chances are we would have lost them anyway.

you would have hoped that he would have had the confidence to chase the shirkers in the squad out the team but he clearly didn't. i've heard that he's disillusionsed as to why the players haven't reacted for him but letting rangers pound us while we play a 4-1-5 then starting gow up front on own his tonight and giving him the 90 again is not going to inspire the troops.

I 100% agree mate. Fair do's it was three tough matches but I have never seen such gutless displays in my puff. I don't understand why people as so defensive of young. He was given the reigns and untrusted with first team duties and failed misrably. Thanks for sweet f all would be more appropriate.

A lot of twisted bile on here.

Yes the team have lacked drive, ambition and guile recently - however that rot had set in before Craig left for pastures new.

I did think that (knowing his personality) Youngie would have managed to instil some of his grit and passion into the players but I put a lot of it down to the wind being taken out of their sails by losing someone who apparently had committed himself to the club until retirement. Think about what that sort of message sends especially to the younger, more impressionable players. Leaving a team 3rd in the league a few weeks before with consistent European appearances to go to a club bottom of the table 150 miles away at 70.

In his defence I for one can't explain how a defence that had so many clean sheets in a row has sometimes been so inept and woeful since that run ended. Our free flowing, counter attacking football from the first few months of this season has completely dried up.

It would appear being a caretaker is a thankless task, especially when you play both the old firm and form team.

Thanks Gordon, I really hope you have an opportunity to at least flip the bird at some of your detractors and at best meet them in an alleyway at 2am.

He wasnt moaning about being out of his depth or the attention during the last few months when he was propelled from taking the youths (ministeelmen ??) to sitting on the bench and being heavily involved with the first team

His 3 games in charge have been shite , Sunday especially being a complete embarrasment

Drinking down the Electric and being everyones pal wont alter that im afraid

So aye cheers for conducting yerself well in interviews and picking a team , the wages you were trousering will have to do though , we wont be striking a medal

The guy is quite clearly uncomfortable in a manager's role and has no desire to be there. He's stepped up to plate because we needed someone.

Personally, I'd have expected much, much more from a bunch of players who knew they had to produce without a manager spoon feeding them, rather than turning up on Sunday (for example) as though they couldn't care less.

That sums it up well for me. Now it may be that most of the team is suffering from some kind of flu bug and if thats the case, I'll apologise in advance. However the experienced players must shoulder a lot of responsibility. When we needed it most they failed to show the younger lads any encouragement or leadershp or direction. We shouldn't forget that lads like Saunders and Hateley are still young. That for me is the first problem the new manager will have to address.