Dundee United (a) - 12/01/11

steelboy

It was a horrible game. United's standard HOOOF followed by running fast. They better than us though. Kenneth totally bossed Sutton so we struggled to get a foothold in the game.

Tiny glints of promise in one or two bits of passing, but generally poor. Fed up of seeing Murphy wasted out on the wing and Humphrey just..wasteful.

Saturday's gonna be a big one then.

Need to get back on the league bike double quick

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought forbes was alright tonight actually, far from the biggest waste out there tonight.

That goes to Chris Humphrey. Once, just once, just knock it past the fullback and run. You'll beat him.

Or y'know, just continue to run, turn back and pass it to Hateley, thats been working spectacularly.

Another waste of space, spot on Graeme, if Forbes is crap then this guy is equally so. There is no denying he has pace but no end product.

To be honest, how can anyone one here expect it to get better. Regardless of who the manager is the playing squad just don't cut it at the required level.

We can't even out bid an English Blue Square League team for a player. The future looking bleak, not just for Motherwell mind you. Scottish football is crap and then some.

Better get used to lean times and just surviving in the Premier League for the foreseeable future.

And if guys don't want to watch that, who can blame them

Lots of other things in this day and age to spend £20 on.

Of course you are.

But agree with Larry tbh.

Don't rate Forbes at all, but that just my opinion.

See if you pay your money and watch the game, or even watch it live on telly, it would then become relevant for you to either praise or slate players performances. Have you ever submitted a review for a film you've never watched?

My personal view on things irrespective of the results;

McCall has been asked to prevent relegation this season and nothing more.

We'll replace half the people who leave.

Money brought in from sales/add on's is now being directed to investments to secure the future of the club.

Move away from FP is not too far away, but dependant on sale price of ground. (And on investment on other areas around the ground).

The long term future of the club is now internal development, hence the revamp of the community coaching etc. No point coaching kids without them competing.

We'll become a feeder club for loans etc, but not before someone else makes the jump.

See if you pay your money and watch the game, or even watch it live on telly, it would then become relevant for you to either praise or slate players performances. Have you ever submitted a review for a film you've never watched?

Was I at the game - NO, have I seen enough of Forbes to, in my opinion, think he is a crap football player - YES

I think everyone is getting more than a bit bored with this now. Lets just agree to disagree eh?

Just back from the game. I'm afraid that performance was shocking. Spineless, gutless and severly lacking fight, spirit and heart. This isn't an over reaction to a two nil defeat it's an honest review of a game that could of been quite easily been 5 or 6 if it wasn't for Randolphs superb saves and that was against a shite utd team whom Donkey Kenneth was their main playmaker tonight.

Too many players failed to turn up tonight with IMO only Randolph & Murphy getting passmarks. Lasley & Jennings were poor tonight which seemed to have a huge effect. Humphrey is a complete waste of a shirt at the moment, the less said about Forbes the better, Craigen had some shocking passes straight to Utds front men and as for Tom Hately I must be the only one who thinks he is a waste of a shirt. Shat out a tackle in the first minute and that dictated the rest of his night. He continuously lost possesion, couldn't tackle, was bullied for 90 mins, didn't seem to care or look interested and hid when the going got tough.

McCall got some praise rightly so for a good show on Sunday so he can take the criticism tonight because that simply wasn't good enough. One chance created in 90 mins against an average team is pish and what was even worse was there was no fight or heart to be seen out there tonight.

Just back no really read much else on the thread but here's my thoughts...

Tonight confirmed that we are definitely in for a long season. Dundee Utd were better than us, particularly in midfield. They did everything quicker, closing down, tackling, getting the ball up to the forwards etc etc.

We, on the other hand, were dire. Every time we had possession in a decent area the inability to take a decent touch or play a simple 5 yards pass cost us. Almost every time we had the opportunity to counter attack a dodgy pass would allow united to get four or five bodies back behind the ball. In the second half Craigan and Hately persisted in putting us under pressure by giving the ball away in dangerous areas. Dundee Utd have a far better squad than us, fair enough, but when you fail with the basics you're always going to struggle.

Ross Forbes is not good enough to be anywhere near this team. He's weak, slow, and generally one of the most unathletic players I've ever seen. I could live with it if he was providing something with his technique, but whenever any pressure is put on him he passes the ball straight back to where it came from. He's a shitebag.

On the plus side, Randolph was magic again and Murphy did really well even though (yet again) he was being played out wide.

Edit: Pretty much identical to the boy above me