Motherwell V Hibernian

star sail

I think we can be quite happy today, solid but perhaps unspectacular performance. Jones looked not bad but I'm sure we'll get a further indication when he gets more games, certainly looked a better bet than Forbes wide left. I'll wait till I see it again before I say for certain, but I'm 99% sure Murphy never touched it for the first goal. No real stand out performers or great talking points for me, but a great three points nonetheless.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result today. Cracking first half performance and we looked a lot more balanced, similar to the Dundee away game.

2nd half we shifted formation to a 4-5-1 to put Page on Zemmama and to not lose the game rather than go 4-0 up or alternatively let them pull it back, so was a pretty good decision from Smc as result showed but I felt sorry for the ball second half it was just blootered all over the place.

Another cracking shift from big Hutch, goes in where it hurts and I thought Saunders had a very good game apart from the crazy handball for the penalty. Brilliant that that horrible little rodent ballooned it over the bar.

Pitch is looking absolutely shocking but the ball was running true, just no grass on it, reminds me of a pitch in african with no grass.

Jones looks a lively little fella, gave the ball away but cant complain about his performance, defo gave us more balance on the left. Looks fit as a fiddle aswell and isnt scared to take a knock or two.

I'm certain McBride got booked twice.

Good performance, though we shut up just a bit too early. Though we could've improved our GD against a very poor Hibs team. Another clean sheet, 3 points in the bag, better performances from Humphrey, Jennings & Craigan. Well done to Saunders and Hutch, Jones did well today, but probably just ran out of steam.

On the pitch, I see the tractor pulling circuit has returned in full at Fir Park. :O Any chance of some greyhound, horse & maybe even some chariot racing on it aswell?

It should have been a straight red for McBride after his challenge on Murphy! Wee dirty bawbag! Whole back four was excellent today and Jones played well but obviously wasn't match fit.

Good result today and hopefully that will give us the confidence going into the semi final on Sunday.

Great result today, good to see we're not missing Reynolds, Hutch was solid, IMO he's a better player! Was well impressed with Jonathan Page when he came on, Zemmama didn't get alook in after that. It looked like he gestured to JP to follow him off the park when he got subbed! All in all a great day to clear out the cobwebs fae the last few weeks!

BTW how do u worh the BBC Alba thingy, I've been on the homepage goin round in circles trying to click to watch the game?

edit, noo says it can't be shown due to legal reasons

A bit more like it today. Solid enough performance in what will be one of the easiest wins of the season, Hibs are rank and can see them getting relegated if they keep up their minging form.

Hutchinson was excellent again and if McCall is to sign a new centre back then it should be Craigan that's first for the chop if anybody.

I think Alba is available on iPlayer or Zattoo.

Where did Page play when he came on? and how did Meechan do?

Didnt play a position mate, was instructed to go wherever Zemamma went, and did it impressively well. Good move by McCall as he was the only Hibs player that was getting on the ball and making space for himself, but after Page came on as far as I saw Zemamma touched the ball twice, leading to him getting subbed off because they were effectively being forced to play with 10 men.

Impressive stuff by both Page and McCall.

Page seemed to sit in front of the defence in a central role. He did shadow Zamamammamamaamama though.

Meechan to me looks physically like Patterson the season before McGhee got him running up and down stairs. He has the look of that guy that managed to get his photo taken with Manchester Utd before their champions league game. He didn't do anything wrong but then again nothing overly impressive, that could be said for almost all of the team today, against anyone above St. Mirren we may have struggled, Hibs were God awful.

Jones looked nippier than I expected, few nice touches and certainly balances the team from relying just on Humphrey.

Yes a fab 3 points today but may i say to anyone wanting to watch it on ALBA just watch the 1st half cos the 2nd was like watching paint dry.Some decent performances defensively today and i have to give McCall credit for making us more difficult to beat and hopefully we get another 2 or 3 players in during January. By the way our 1st goal was DEFINATELY Hammell as i was in line with Murphy in the POD and he didn't touch it. The eee aww chants at Graeme Smith were hilarious by the way. :D

The eew awww chants at Graeme Smith are well justified.

My God, when you look at him and think of John Ruddy and Darren Randolph, is it any wonder that Hibs are struggling.

The guy is one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever had the misfortune to see.

Yes, I include Stevie Woods and John Gardiner, FUD.

Thought before this match it would all hinge on the 2 keepers.

Half right! Randolph had nothing to do and Smith seems to have repeating daymares/nightmares :lol:

Hibs have lost the plot - no fight, no desire, nothing.

Better shape today first half.

Hutch and Saunders were superb (penalty aside)

Sutton worked hard and Humph was lightening today.

2nd half was a different match after Hately/Jones went off. Seemed McCall decided to close the game out at 2-0 and consolidated the 3 pts.

Well done to Page on totally snuffing out their main threat Zemamma. Thought he was going to follow him up the tunnel when he got subbed.

Good 3 points today.

Terrific result today, and a very professional performance by the lads. We attacked well, fought well in midfield and defended very well throughout. Its true to say that Hibs were rank rotten but we still had to win the match.

Jones enjoyed a solid debut, some good touches and I think he'll show up even better with match fitness.

The nalty miss was crucial, a goal for the Hibees then would've changed the whole dynamic of the match. Thankfully 'Prince' made a James Hunt of it!

Have to compliment Stuarty for a great tactical switch when he brought on Jonny Page to man-mark wee Zemmama. He was finding space too often but after the substitution he wasn't seen again.

Well done lads, good show all round!

It was a tremendous three points today. Comfortable, and well played. Hibs have gone from a comfortable third in the table to relegation fodder in less than 12 months. I'd say that's worth remembering looking at where we were back then.

It was a tremendous three points today. Comfortable, and well played. Hibs have gone from a comfortable third in the table to relegation fodder in less than 12 months. I'd say that's worth remembering looking at where we were back then.

Not a bad point that.

Agree with the poster earlier in that I was sure McBride was booked before the tackle on Murphy.

McBride at least got booked but what about Murray????

If Humphrey had gone down and rolled about after the assault in the first half I reckon Murray could have walked but because he stayed on his feet we didn't even get a free kick. Then early in the second half he went flying into Crags/Hutch ?? with his elbow and again no free kick.

Great result but Hibs are total crap.

Agree with the poster earlier in that I was sure McBride was booked before the tackle on Murphy.

McBride at least got booked but what about Murray????

If Humphrey had gone down and rolled about after the assault in the first half I reckon Murray could have walked but because he stayed on his feet we didn't even get a free kick. Then early in the second half he went flying into Crags/Hutch ?? with his elbow and again no free kick.

Great result but Hibs are total crap.

Aye, I thought the same about McBride getting 2 bookings too. Murray's a complete thug and some of his challenges today were horrific. The ref seemed determined to let them walk with as much as possible today.

Much better performance all round though and we're beginning to get some shape about us. Looking forward to seeing some more of Jones and Hammell down the left.