Motherwell V Hibernian

star sail

It seems like a good time to start this thread. Two teams struggling for form. Motherwell have not scored in 270+ mins of SPL football and have only scored twice in the last 480 mins (Cup excluded). A thread bare squad and a promising season on the verge of collapse makes this a must win game for the Well (or does it?).

Hibs have crashed out the cup to Ayr and are in real danger of falling into a relegation battle but they have taken six points off us this season and we all know that Motherwell are suckers for a sob story. Will they be managerless by the weekend?

A tough one to call. Thoughts?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see them being managerless to be honest. I think the media are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

It will be a hard slog on Saturday. I think we can take something from the wee spells we did have against ICT where we were knocking the ball about. Big McCall was at the game the night and hopefully will get the lads well versed in how to play.

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't touch this game!

agree about calderwood, nearly all the players were hughes signings so he can't really be judged till he has a few of his own.our line up pretty much pics itself at the moment with the dwindling squad.not too sure what to expect from the game, probably a pretty nervy, scrappy game that'll be 0-0 or 1-0 either way.other than trying for a top half finish our league season is already over so these games are becoming more meaningless by the week. :notworthy:

agree about calderwood, nearly all the players were hughes signings so he can't really be judged till he has a few of his own.our line up pretty much pics itself at the moment with the dwindling squad.not too sure what to expect from the game, probably a pretty nervy, scrappy game that'll be 0-0 or 1-0 either way.other than trying for a top half finish our league season is already over so these games are becoming more meaningless by the week. :notworthy:

a top half finish is a decent achievement.

there's also an outside chance of 4th getting a euro spot if the winner of the old firm cup tie goes on to win the cup but not the league.

Pretty sure Nish is suspended for Saturday and could only play in the cup. Runs come to an end sometme, this one will on Saturday.

Edit - It's Miller who is suspended.

A stick on Hibs win I'm afraid as that's just the ways things are right now.

There's only so much we can change due to lack of options but maybe it's time to try a few different things as the tried and tested started 11 hasn't been cutting it.

Randolph

Page Hutchinson Saunders Hammell

Humphrey Jennings Lasley

Forbes

Sutton Murphy

Im reserving my opinion on this game as it depends if we can get a couple of players in to give us a lift. As things stand their pants and so are we so a pants 0-0 draw but that could change as the week goes on. :huh:

a pants 0-0 no chance mate were in for another 6-6 trust me :rolleyes:

We'll Win. I think we have something to prove, we have our players fit again and trying their best to get into the squad.

Randy

Hateley Hutchy Craggs Hammell

Humphrey Jenno Lasley

Forbes

Murphy Sutton

The guys in bold ARE our squad now lol, no need for trying to get into it,just try not to get suspended or injured

I think Murphy has shown some great flashes of his talent which if hibs allow him a bit of space like they did Ayr utd for their goal then I can see a 3-0 motherwell.

Hopefully will have brought a player or two in by then which would lift the dressing room. Can see casagolda getting on the score sheet so 2 for sutton both being set up by murphy and 1 from god aka casagolda.

MON THE WELL!!!!