The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

And with the greatest respect Ian. You haven't seen him play for Motherwell or witnessed what we did last night.

Don't be afraid of a wee bit humble pie.

I have seen him play for Motherwell on streams & im glad he's doing the business at the moment for the Well & long may it continue but my point was he was piss poor with the Jets and anyone who witnessed him there couldn't say that he's always impressed. Don't think the Rangers fans would claim to be overly impressed by his performances for them either. As someone else said maybe Motherwell's the club where he just clicks & can lead us onwards & upwards. Here's hoping anyway.

but my point was he was piss poor with the Jets and anyone who witnessed him there couldn't say that he's always impressed. Don't think the Rangers fans would claim to be overly impressed by his performances for them either.

Yes, but some of the posts on here stating the 'fact' that he's not good enough and never will be good enough and effectively writing him off before he had even kicked a ball for us were diabolical.

Along the lines of Charlie Adam is not good enough for Rangers!!!

Sometimes a player needs a certain style of play or a certain feel at a club, hopefully Jeffers has found his home.

You would think that Jeffers is at the stage where money aint an issue, but a stable club that allows him to perform is more important. Hopefully, he can continue his form for a long time to come in the claret and amber.

Plenty of players have come here and rescued their careers, and have shown that the grass aint always greener on the other side. Better the devil you know and all that, assuming they aint chasing the pounds.

Haha. he was fucking murder movement wise and couldnt hold teh ball up worth a fuck.

Aff yer heid

Ok Jeffers is better, but they are similar players.

Not an out-and-out striker (depspite the fox in the box tag) - CHECK

Plays just off a forward - CHECK

Slight build - CHECK

Ability to spot and try through balls - CHECK

Teammates not quite on the same wavelength all the time - CHECK

Good technique - CHECK

Willingness to bring the ball down and try and make something happen - CHECK

Ok Jeffers is better, but they are similar players.

Not an out-and-out striker (depspite the fox in the box tag) - CHECK

Plays just off a forward - CHECK

Slight build - CHECK

Ability to spot and try through balls - CHECK

Teammates not quite on the same wavelength all the time - CHECK

Good technique - CHECK

Willingness to bring the ball down and try and make something happen - CHECK

I have nae idea what position would best suit Gow, never a wide player, never a striker, at least we know where to play Franny.

I would say Gow's build is fuck all like Jeffers, and at least when Franny jumps you would be able to squeeze a Motherwell Times underneath him, unlike the shitebag that was Gow

Teammates not on the same wavelength? This is a myth for me, Gow was on his own frequency each week due to the fact that he was shite not everyother body in the team.

Andy Roddie had a willingness to make things happen, but couldnt, just like Gow :laugh:

The jury is still out on Jeffers as far as I'm concerned, he had a great game the other night and has put in a few decent performances so far, lets hope he keeps it up. On the other hand Gow was as every bit as stinking fae the 1st minute as teh Hibs and Falkirk fans told e he would be.

Alan Gow is a talented footballer, he just couldn't give a flying fuck. I've seen very few players as disinterested as he was. I don't think I ever even saw him challenge the defender for a header. Struck me as the type of player you have in your Sunday team who's real game is for another team on a Saturday, so strolls about not caring in your game. I was delighted when we got rid of him.

Jeffers, on the other hand, puts in a shift and has the touch and movement of a top player. He might not have lived up to his potential, but you don't go to Arsenal and not learn how to play the game properly.

Jeffers > Gow. By a mile IMO.

• Like 5

Sometimes i wonder the standard of player some supporters think we can attract to fir park.

Jeffers showed on Wednesday that he still has the vision, touch and finish to more than compete in the SPL. I would certainly keep him for another season and see what he can offer.

To think we can attract a player much better than him is frankly, delusional.

• Like 2

I have to admit, like a lot of people, I didn't fancy the Jeffers signing at all. When a player comes to the club you can only go on his past record as any sort of guage for how he'll do.

I also said that I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong, and I think Jeffers has went somewhat close to doing that. If he plays a part in the team making the Scottish cup final and sealing top six football then I think he's definately worth another year on his contract if he wants it.

As someone else said already, he looked different class from from anyone else on the pitch against Dundee United last Wednesday, and that includes wonderboy Goddwillie.