The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

Im quite happy to be honest. On the park he's obviously got talent and an eye for goal in there somewhere...just a case of can it be brought out. Off the field, we very rerely get the chance to have a "celebrity" player...and while I know a lot of our more, erm...experienced fans...might not like that, it's certainly a chance to raise the footballing profile of the club, which im always in favour of.

delighted.......lets hope he can grab us a few goals

what i will say though, is we CANT judge him, if he is only going to get 5mins here, 10mins there - so lets hope he can get his fitness up and gets a good run out against Accies and St Midden - because we need to win those games

Off the field, we very rerely get the chance to have a "celebrity" player...and while I know a lot of our more, erm...experienced fans...might not like that, it's certainly a chance to raise the footballing profile of the club, which im always in favour of.

We did have this guy, in 2000. From memory he wore the famous number that was the bus that ran from Wishaw to Glasgow, via Cleland......this taken from his Wiki page:

[Known to enjoy his night-life and his appreciation of the opposite sex, he remarked: 'I would not sign for another club, not even if I was offered 15 million dollars. However, it would be different if they were to instead offer me 15 different women from all around the world. I would tell the club chairman: 'Please let me make these women happy - I will satisfy them like they have never been satisfied before']

SD

We did have this guy, in 2000. From memory he wore the famous number that was the bus that ran from Wishaw to Glasgow, via Cleland......this taken from his Wiki page:

[Known to enjoy his night-life and his appreciation of the opposite sex, he remarked: 'I would not sign for another club, not even if I was offered 15 million dollars. However, it would be different if they were to instead offer me 15 different women from all around the world. I would tell the club chairman: 'Please let me make these women happy - I will satisfy them like they have never been satisfied before']

SD

Aaah the enigma that was Sasa Curcic!!! :huh:

Welcome to Steelmen Online Franny (if your reading this(which you most probaly aren't)), a haven for moaning-faced, never-to-be-pleased, cock-sockets.

A no lose situation for Motherwell and Stuart McCall. A short-term contract, if the boy is honking he'll be out the door and McCall will bring someone else in the Summer when he has a better chance of working the transfer market, if he scores a couple of goals we might give him another year.

The moaning-faced fuckers need to chill the fuck out :huh:

Welcome to Steelmen Online Franny (if your reading this(which you most probaly aren't)), a haven for moaning-faced, never-to-be-pleased, cock-sockets.

A no lose situation for Motherwell and Stuart McCall. A short-term contract, if the boy is honking he'll be out the door and McCall will bring someone else in the Summer when he has a better chance of working the transfer market, if he scores a couple of goals we might give him another year.

The moaning-faced fuckers need to chill the fuck out :huh:

Succinctly and tastefully put may I say

Good luck Franny!

The article is well written and kinda makes the point I was making earlier - In the right circumstances he can turn this round and have a wee Indian Summer. i wish him all the very best in C&A. Hope it works out just fine

I agree.

Whilst obviously wishing McCall well when chosen I was quite non-commital about whether I thought it a good or bad appointment.

Whilst results have been a bit up and down since he arrived one of the reasons I've found myself warming to him has been how he comes across in his communication be it through his email or interviews in the media.

He appears to have quite quickly and easily developed a pretty good grasp of the Motherwell mindset. I may well be niaeve and its down to some good coaching from the people behind the scenes at Fir Park but it comes across as quite natural.

And that in itself is part of the Motherwell mindset I know and love. The way guys like Terry Butcher with all that he achieved in the game took really got wrapped up in the club and still hold it dear. I hope McCall can go the same way.

And before going too far off topic, hopefully Jeffers can do us a turn. I hope that as well as what he can hopefully offer on the park that he's able to enlighten some of the youngsters off it with regard to the different leagues he's played in and styles of football he's played.

I agree.

Whilst obviously wishing McCall well when chosen I was quite non-commital about whether I thought it a good or bad appointment.

Whilst results have been a bit up and down since he arrived one of the reasons I've found myself warming to him has been how he comes across in his communication be it through his email or interviews in the media.

He appears to have quite quickly and easily developed a pretty good grasp of the Motherwell mindset. I may well be niaeve and its down to some good coaching from the people behind the scenes at Fir Park but it comes across as quite natural.

And that in itself is part of the Motherwell mindset I know and love. The way guys like Terry Butcher with all that he achieved in the game took really got wrapped up in the club and still hold it dear. I hope McCall can go the same way.

Spot on.

I agree.

And before going too far off topic, hopefully Jeffers can do us a turn. I hope that as well as what he can hopefully offer on the park that he's able to enlighten some of the youngsters off it with regard to the different leagues he's played in and styles of football he's played.

....and how to be a failure in every one of them, aye that should work.

Can we keep him away from influencing the strikers though, ideally we'd like them to score slightly more than 2 every calendar year.