Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Rangers at Ibrox, so the only surprise for me was that it was 6 rather than the usual 4. You can go on about them being skint and the like, but their squad is still miles better than ours. I stopped going to Ibrox back in the Gazza days, because the reward of a possible upset win wasn't worth sitting in that shitehole.

No Motherwell fan in their right mind should be expecting us to beat them, but I'd expect a bit more of a fight. Maybe we need to completely re-assess how we approach these games. Are we sitting in? The formation suggested as much, but we clearly don't have the personnel for that kind of approach.

Or, more worryingly, were we "going for it", and were just unable to create anything?

It's always gutting when this happens, but I guess we just have to keep the faith and hope we pick up some points in the next couple of weeks.

Hamilton lost :-)

Was extremely surprised that Someone posted anonymously on BBC that McCall Must Go! YOu can't Sack a manager after one bad game!

Now, Todays result did not surprise me at all....in fact I half expected it to be more. We were never going to go to Ibrox and get a point! Upwards and onwards from here on.

Can't understand why folk are turning their back on the team. Aye we were shite today, aint been great for some time I know, but things have been far, far worse than this. These times are the sorts you need to get behind the team, the club, when things are not going well and we are doing poorly. That's why when things pick up they are all the sweeter. Hang in there.

Things have been worse before but there's always been light at the end of the tunnel. Good young players, fighting spirit, playing for the jersey etc and I can't see much of that in the current team.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it will be a long wait before we have any good times again.

Can't understand why folk are turning their back on the team. Aye we were shite today, aint been great for some time I know, but things have been far, far worse than this. These times are the sorts you need to get behind the team, the club, when things are not going well and we are doing poorly. That's why when things pick up they are all the sweeter. Hang in there.

Bad as things are Ricky 6-0 at Ibrox is still unacceptable in my book .

Exactly losing to The h**s at Ibrox wont get us relegated,the next couple of home games will determine our season..........4-6 points are a must IMHO :angry:

Do you really think that's possible with the way we are playing at the moment? Yet another game without a goal and some pretty horrible defending by all accounts. There seems to be an air of despair permeating Fir Park at the moment and we really need to roll our sleeves up, get back to basics and start getting a bit of fight and urgency into our play.

Strangely, I'm not too bothered about this. Same old story for Ibrox as far as I'm concerned. We went there with a mostly inexperienced team, with a number of injuries...what else was to be expected? Look at last Christmas time (09) when we went there under Gannon and got done 6-1. To be honest, I was expecting a similar result today with the fact that our defence haven't really played together before. I should be raging, but I'm not.

We were starting to play some better stuff under McCall and I for one, am happy with what he's trying to do. The lack of a cutting edge and poor performances were happening under Brown before, so it's not right to blame SM for that. We've had a couple of decent performances and unfortunately not capitalised (Killie springs to mind). The important thing now is for the team to focus, pull together and try to raise their game. It happened last year after Ibrox and St Johnstone, albeit Brown and Knox came in around then too.

If we've not won a game by the end of March, we'll be in trouble. For now, we have a big few weeks. Aberdeen on Tuesday, Accies on Sat and St Mirren the Wednesday after. 7 points from these 3 and we're back in top 6 contention and hopefully our goal difference is looking healthy again. Really, by the time we play Celtic at the end of the month, I think we'll know if we're still in with a top 6 shout.

3 huge games before then though.

we really need to roll our sleeves up, get back to basics and start getting a bit of fight and urgency into our play.

I'd like to see the manager acknowledge this. I know we're not going down, but I don't want to hear a hard luck story about today. He needs to let us know that there's no complacency there and that we'll be fighting for these points in the next few weeks.

Bad as things are Ricky 6-0 at Ibrox is still unacceptable in my book .

Agree. Are we or are we not a SPL team? Sure we are likely going to get beat at Ibrox but 6-0 is totally unacceptable. We should at minimum be able to compete, show some fight and determination.

I know we lost heavily today but i can see the same pattern forming just now as when malpas was in charge sitting comfortable then all of a sudden slipping down the table. Before we know it we are in a relagation battle. Next 2 home games are now vital to our season if we lose then john boyle will be shitting himself. But no matter what happens i wll still be there to watch and cheer them on.

It is a rollercoaster watching motherwell but i wouldnt have it any other way

It's not optimism, it's reality. Regardless of us losing 1-0 or 6-0 today, we lost out on 3 points at Ibrox.

It's hardly going to see us in a relegation battle.

If you can look at things that black and white then more power to you.

However we all know it's not as simple as that. This drubbing exposes how threadbare and lacking in quality our squad really is. This will be one bleak, long arduous end to the season. We have one potential sellable asset in Humphrey- and it looks like if we are to add any real quality to the squad in the summer we'll need to sell before we bring anyone else in. It would appear Boyle is tightening the purse strings, which is more than likely the reason why Brown jumped ship.

This drubbing exposes how threadbare and lacking in quality our squad really is. This will be one bleak, long arduous end to the season.

Look, if we fail to take at least four points from our games away to Aberdeen, and at home to Hamilton & St Mirren over the next fortnight then I may agree that we are in a desperate position.

If we get a point from the Aberdeen game (doubtful, I know), and manage to win against Hamilton or St Mirren we should be okay as far as the supposed relegation fight goes.

You're having a laugh? He'd walk into many a team in that league. Yer man Humphrey might not find it so easy though.

why was he released by a league 1 team then?

he's not better than kenny, james etc.i'm sure he'd get in a fair few champ teams but there's a few he wouldnae.

why was he released by a league 1 team then?

he's not better than kenny, james etc.i'm sure he'd get in a fair few champ teams but there's a few he wouldnae.

I never said he would get a game for every team. I stated that he would get into many teams in that league.