Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Since not many will ever question McCall I'm going to start. Results so far have been shite - 2 cups wins against lower league opposition and a home win against a poor Hibs team. Performances have been shite with the exception of Dundee in the cup and a ten minute spell in the semi. Signings so far- enough said. Team selection, tactics and players attitudes so far- shite.

Never mind, we will finish 2nd bottom and out the cup at quarter final stage and people will still say we punched above our wait for too long anyway.

McCall is the new Malpas - get shot of him quick and please take that bombscare of a centre half and captain with him.

Here goes the happy clappy give him time and we have no money brigade

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take away the old firm and their money, and we can compete at the level just below them.

Much was made of Craigan's experience as he organises the defence. He aint doing that today by the looks of things, as it's school boy defending. All rushing to the ball, and allowing men to go free in the box for easy pickings.

I dont know if it's a mental thing, but by god we cant play at Ibrox. This could easily end up 6 or 7 if the h**s can be bothered.

I wouldn't rush to blame McCall, he has us playing some decent stuff, today, let's not forget, we are playing with a back line made up of 3 inexperienced players and a 35 year old man who is clearly carrying an injury and in midfield, one of our central 2 is playing through bruised ribs.

rather than blame the manager, hows about blaming the players, and especially the experienced players. What can the manager do if the defensive players cant do the basics, i.e. tackle and mark an opponent?

Performances of late have been better, although results have been poor. Today is just shambolic, just like so many previous visits to Ibrox. The defence is getting pulled all over the place, as the midfield have failed to turn up and provide cover, which is criminal given that Lasley, Jennings & Hateley are all defensively minded.

Sadly, with injuries, and small squad, the likes of Craigan & Hateley who shoud be, cant be rested.

I have not been to a game since McCall was appointed because I thought it was a poor choice and we would go on a slide. I did not expect it to be as bad as this though. Ibrox is a tough place to go, yes. We have lost some key players, yes. Brown, McGhee, Gannon would not have got us a victory today, yes. All this is true but it in the disorganisation, inability to make anything of the pressure we have and apparant lack of a plan that is the biggest concern.

I really hope that I am wrong about McCall and that he has the ability to turn this round. Maybe he genuinely has inherited a situation that would be difficult (impossible) for any manager to handle. A result at Aberdeen on Tuesday would be a start but I fear the worst up there too. Somebody disagree with me and tell me all will be ok, please!!

Thank goodness for Hamilton Accies and St Mirren.

I have not been to a game since McCall was appointed because I thought it was a poor choice and we would go on a slide.
We were on a slide before McCall - that's why Broon legged it. Didn't have the stomach for a rebuilding job - same as McGhee.

Well that's enough for me ,could be a big big score today. Stuart McCall has done absolutely hee haw since he arrived ,and I for one ain't to confident that hes going to get any better. Has any Motherwell manager got of to a worse start. Bobby Watson perhaps ?

Have to agree Jim. McCall was never on the radar initially and other far more experienced people I understand, turned the job down. I think if Brown had still been in charge our recent results would have been better. McCall does not impress me and time will tell.

I have not been to a game since McCall was appointed because I thought it was a poor choice and we would go on a slide. I did not expect it to be as bad as this though. Ibrox is a tough place to go, yes. We have lost some key players, yes. Brown, McGhee, Gannon would not have got us a victory today, yes. All this is true but it in the disorganisation, inability to make anything of the pressure we have and apparant lack of a plan that is the biggest concern.

We got pumped 6-1 at Ibrox when Gannon was manager. We've got pumped there loads of times.

Give McCall a chance, losing at Ibrox is hardly without precedent for a Motherwell manager.

You've got to give him at least a year before you can draw any conclusions, unless we really hit the skids.

'rather than blame the manager, hows about blaming the players, and especially the experienced players. What can the manager do if the defensive players cant do the basics, i.e. tackle and mark an opponent? '

I do, I am ,I have been. Hately doesn't give a fuck or try a leg and while Craigen does both of these he is brutal and ain't gonna get any better. What has Stuart mcCall done to install a bit of heart/fight in Hately?? Why does Stuart McCall persist with Craigen?? ( don't blame injuries today).

Should McCall not be teaching/coaching them the basics during the week? And why no matter how bad he was against Kilmarnock is Murphy not starting. On the basis of one bad game he has been dropped yet we stick we Chris one game a season Humphrey.

No shape, no heart, no fight, no belief, set out to defend equals no points!

We got pumped 6-1 at Ibrox when Gannon was manager. We've got pumped there loads of times.

Give McCall a chance, losing at Ibrox is hardly without precedent for a Motherwell manager.

You've got to give him at least a year before you can draw any conclusions, unless we really hit the skids.

McCall away before Christmas, what odds would the bookie give on that. Worth a punt.? :wallbash:

when a manager gets appointed, some people take to the manager and some dont. Those, that dont will usually look to use any defeat, poor performance to criticise. Sure, it's their right, and football is all about opinions. But the Motherwell job, is hardly an easy job and any manager should be given time to try and build his own side. We have time, given how bad Accies and St Mirren are, so hows having a little patience.

Football under Brown was dire, but we were fluking good results. Now, apart from today it;s been better football and worse results. Where's the logic?

Craigan might be injured, but his positioning at the first goal was criminal. Hateley has not , other than a few minutes here and there, performed this season. Brown could not get the best out of him, and it looks as if McCall with limited other options has little option to continue to play him.

We persist with the players in the starting 11 because there really is no other option. Stick on a youngster? I'd rather have the experience of Craigan at the business end of the season as opposed to an untried and untested 18 year old being thrown into the lions den at Ibrox.

McCall is still relatively new to the job but his (Maybe Boyle's for not releasing more funds) major failing has been not replacing the players we have lost in january with similar or better quality. Our squad is threadbare and sadly I see a horrible end to the season, with the potential for being dragged into a relegation dogfight.