If You Had The Chance To Improve The Club...

David

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have raised the issue and got the expected response from my own MP and whoever in the party deals with sport, not interested in the slightest. Just sent a letter with the standard drivel you'd expect from someone who couldn't give a flying fuck. Waste of time Dave, going through the club may bring more success, they can change things, maybe not officially but an agreement can be reached if the will is there.

FWIW I'm not bothered about getting an official standing area, I just want the stewards to lay off those who prefer to stand as long as they're not causing a nuisance. And I want the club to recognise that fans are very well behaved compared to years gone by and give a bit of leeway rather than allow power hungry hi-vis lunatics to make their own attempt at a Highland Clearance. Half the time these eejits cause bother with their attitude then it's the fans who react who end up being carted.

Exactly right. I've come to realise that the 'you must be seated rule' is unenforceable if the entire support stands.

If the police and stewards can make an ad hoc decision NOT to enforce sitting when the old firm come to town, then they're perfectly capable of being tolerant of standing in the home stands too.

I'm not asking for a law change. I'm asking for parity with my fellow football fans from the big two clubs.

Ok we're not as well behaved as them but i'm sure we'd promise to be nice if .......the police and stewards fucked right off and let folk come to the football and support their team.

Have raised the issue and got the expected response from my own MP and whoever in the party deals with sport, not interested in the slightest. Just sent a letter with the standard drivel you'd expect from someone who couldn't give a flying fuck.....

Waste of time Dave, going through the club may bring more success, they can change things, maybe not officially but an agreement can be reached if the will is there.

FWIW I'm not bothered about getting an official standing area, I just want the stewards to lay off those who prefer to stand as long as they're not causing a nuisance.

Good on you Matt. Representation to elected public servants really only works if enough folk do it. If tens or even hundreds of posters hade done the same then you would have seen some action. I politics sadly, might is right.

Standing? You have a fair point. Some stewarding is OTT. You either enforce it or you don't. At the recent Killie game, the away support at the south end of the POD Stand stood all game and no-one hassled them. Being selfish, they didn't bother me as they were behind us and didn't obstruct my view.