All Activity
- Past hour
-
I can only speak personally, but you're a valued member of the forum, and those jokes do actually get a chuckle from me every now and then.
- Today
-
Stay just as you are Grizzly.
-
Keep em coming the jokes I mean 👍 SIWY
-
Yes yer effin right I agree 😆
-
In fact taking a wee break till next game might be best all round as I have rubbed folk up the wrong way with views plus my jokes are just driving folk roond the bend ( i forget the ones previously sent, so sending a 2nd time is double torture). Always try to be honest and lighthearted but admittedly it must be irritating seeing some of the gibberish I post. Jeez I need a holiday 😎 COYW
-
My thoughts as well and for me thats the best attitude to have, but the club and/ or the WS need to grow a set and deal with the issues, before the vast majority of the fans begin to suffer due to the actions of the entitled minority.
-
Swear box for Alfred would cover the fines from UEFA 🤪
-
I have came to the decision that I am just going to focus on Alfred and the team as spent too much time thinking about the fines and behaviour of a small minority that its actually just put me on a downer and I've lost my enthusiasm for posting or trying to be funny and lighten the mood. So hey......not all bad 🤪🤪, COYW
-
The Well Society - How Are They Doing?
joewarkfanclub replied to joewarkfanclub's topic in Club Chat
Well yes. But the 3 are the CEO, the Chairman and the Finance director. 2 of whom were recommended by the Well Society Board. Remember Kyrk applied to be member of the Well Society Board before he became Chairman. Our Executive Board is currently very Well Society centric. - Yesterday
-
So you got your reply then 😇
-
Yes that would work. If 6 members, for example, submitted very similar comments, then a general reply would suffice. At the very least those 6 members could be sure that their concerns had been addressed.
-
I know this is an agreed governance issue Joe, but assuming that the club Board has 5 members, including 2 employees, are we saying that Society reps are outnumbered 3:2?
-
The Well Society - How Are They Doing?
joewarkfanclub replied to joewarkfanclub's topic in Club Chat
Not having a go at you directly SP, but there are one or two innacuracies here that need addressed because they are common misconceptions. The Well Society Board know everything that happens at Executive Board level as we have 2 Society Board members ON the Executive Board who represent all Society Members and feed back to the Society Board. The Executive Board do NOT get access to the rainy day fund whenever they feel like it. They have to apply to the Well Society Board and request funds for a specific purpose, which if granted is in the form of a loan. Ive no idea how much a Motherwell FC share costs. But the whole purpose of the Well Society was to pool resources in order to secure majority shareholding of the club so the club could not be sold out from underneath us. It effectively safeguards our continued existence. This just wouldnt be possible with individual shareholding as it would be impossible to corale individual shareholders into any form of collective unity (just look at this place at times). Re major decision making, I agree to an extent. Ive been quite vocal about plans for the new training ground / stadium feasibility study, and I think more information on this should have been communicated, but in respect of who is driving the club, I would suggest the Society Board drive the Executive Board more than the other way around. You only need to look at the appointment of CEO and Chairman for evidence of that. You might even argue tge lines have been blurred too much the other way with not enough seperation between the two boards to protect all parties. I do think there is much room for improvement however, and taking a stronger position on fan behaviour shouldnt be too much of a difficulty. I do welcome the consultation on Active Investment, which is another step in moving the Society away from being a rainy day fund and more like the "owner" of the football club it actually is. -
I am working on new material........watch this space 🤣🤣 Ps. Grizzly given written warning by admin 🤣🤣
-
Not for one minute suggesting grizzlyg would share any old emails online but old jokes is different matter .😱 I would think they should release more general emails "in reply to points raised by members emails" . This month kind of thing. Then they can chose words as carefully as they like and they would be available to all members and online without worry . But they can't pick n chose who they reply personally to tho , even if they come from regulars on a forum . It's reply to every email or do general release ones regularly. Although more emails released more arguments and disagreement , I fear .
-
The Well Society - How Are They Doing?
Great Balls of Shire replied to joewarkfanclub's topic in Club Chat
Its definitely a hot topic , fines accumulated of over 30K overall. I would expect a statement of sorts , if only to make sure its not going to be repeated , " please dont do it again " hasn't worked. Think people do deserve some acknowledgement or they leave ...which looks like its starting to happen. I get they can't reply to every email but deal with the big things. -
No worries pal but I certainly wasn't expecting preferential treatment. I was highlighting a very valid concern and although I wouldn't expect a war and peace reply I would have hoped after 4 weeks there would have been some response. I also did highlight that I appreciate the work they do as its a big commitment. Ps. No way would I share their reply on Facebook, jeez!! The amount of moaners on there is another level
-
Sorry, don't agree. Given the posters involved, the Society will know who they are. The ones who have commented on here are extremely unlikely to be emailing them constantly over multifarious trivial issues. Unless the communication is illegal in nature, fractious or abusive then I think members are entitled to a reply. The Society does need to be more open. Its essential in fact.
-
I can see their point can't answer every email . They could come from anywhere jurnos included . It would be a full time job for someone. Who will probably need some approval from others before a reply is even considered, so they don't say the wrong thing in a society email . Also if they did reply to all emails, the replys would be plastered all over Facebook and forums for every tom dick n harry to pick over it with a microscope. I'm sure email has been noted but paying a couple of quid a month doesn't give you any preferencal treatment really to demand a reply . That's a problem with fan ownership everyone thinks they are a major share holder, deserve recognition and should have a say in every decision 🙄 They way they are running it seems fine to me and it's producing results.
-
Well then they are not fit for purpose if they are failing to properly address and deal with people who are continually harming the club financially.
-
I get the feeling that the Board and/or WS don't want to play the bad cop by dishing out some punishments. That's fair enough after the initial incidents, pointing out the penalities and asking to not to repeat. Now there has been a repeat, however, they need to take appropriate action.
-
Being on the WS board is a big commitment and totally appreciate the work that gets done. Does sometimes feel like happy to take any praise and enjoy the overseas trips but any issues that need addressed they don't want to get involved. Just my view
-
Agree with this 100%. The silence from the Society as well as the Club on a variety of issues shows little respect for fans that have raised concerns. There appears to be a unified approach in ignoring such matters and trusting them to disappear. I have no doubt the points you mention will have been discussed by both Boards, separately and jointly, but more with the intention of playing matters down rather than addressing valid concerns. As for who runs the Club. I don't think anyone is suggesting the Society is in a position to/or should resolve all the issues under discussion. But the Society should at the very least be highlighting concerns and pushing the Club Board to come up with reasonable proposals. And to also present regular updates regarding infrastructure matters. It all comes across as very cosy and secretive. In fact much like the situation before the Barmack repercussions. Sad to say.
-
The Well Society doesn't run the club. The Board fulfills those duties.