All Activity
- Past hour
-
McGinn looks fat n a bit past international quality I'm afraid. What a change from first half to the second half tonight. May take a while to sort this team out .
-
If they are in South stand and wrecking seats then yes....it will be old firm fans fault
-
I am massive well fan and Scotland fan. Lennon just needs to be patient. Mcginn looking finished at that level sadly and christie just headless chicken. Team.in transition, he will get his chance
- Today
-
Finally we get the proper football back this weekend. But I don’t see Sunday being a good day for us. As I said we don’t have what it takes to trouble Celtic so we’re either looking at a defeat by two goals or more or else yet another last gasp loss to them. And however the game goes the South Stand will end up wrecked, seats ripped out and overcrowded. Might even see a tennis ball ‘protest’ after the golf incident with their sugar Daddy. And you’ll get folk on here blaming “Old Firm fans” for it afterwards
-
I get that some Motherwell fans just arent Scotland fans, and thats perfectly fine. But given the extra kudos, not to mention salary and transfer value that being an international player brings, you dont even have to be that bothered about playing for your country to see the benefits of it.
-
An absolutely wild shout that a 20year old in our strongest area of the pitch would even think like that
-
I dont disagree. But he wasnt. I still dont think he should refuse to play for Scotland to concentrate on his club career as was suggested.
-
Miller doesn't need to be starting for Scotland, but he was worth a punt as a sub in the Slovenia game for example.
-
No its the Judeans peoples front
-
Alpologies for the forthright nature of my post! In my defence, I was still in Macedonia, and alcohol had been consumed. However, all that said, I dont think Lennon Miller should be behaving like a petulant child and refuse to play for his country because he is currently finding it difficult to get into the side. Look at the system that the new manager is playing. Where does Lennon fit into that, and who does he replace? Lewis Ferguson, the Italian Cup Winning former Bolgna Captain? Billy Gilmour? First choice pick for Napoli and arguably currently our best midfielder? Or John McGinn, the Europa League winning Aston Villa Captain with over 90 caps? You also need to look at in game changes, who came on and why. More importantly who didnt come on and why. I love Lennon Miller as much as the next Motherwell fan. But there is a reason he isnt a nailed down starter for Udinese and why international managers arent yet ready to trust him as a first pick for the national team. He is only 20. His time will come and he should be ready when it does. To suggest he tells Scotland where to go would suggest no great desire to play for the national team. Thankfully Lennon feels differently.
-
It was quite interesting and he speaks well, but the questions were generally quite straightforward.
- Yesterday
-
Not yet but it's in the post with your email reply
-
Maybe as not every member is from the Motherwell area? Add some business and sponsorship links you get a venue worthy of such an event. Going by some of the takes on here recently, may do some good to see the big wide world.
-
Meet and greet with Alfred at club tonight, sell out and I wont be there but hope its a good night and folk give him a chance
-
I would suggest emailing them but seeing as I am still waiting on a reply to my email 5 weeks ago I dont fancy your chances
-
You need a holiday mate 😉
-
Yup definitely....and actually credit to Big Eck as he travelled down to persuade him
-
Binks knows hes not good enough to get in the England squad...its people like Scott McTominay that you really need to tip your hat to, as he decided when very young and was playing for Man Utd
-
Jeez.....I am agreeing with MJC!, What is happening to me! 🤪
-
Gunn meets qualifying criteria but my biggest gripe is that twice he was asked to represent Scotland and said No. Then shockeroonie he suddenly made himself available after Craig Gordon had double leg break. It's the grandparent rule I don't like though if I am being hypocritical I don't mind Binks as he hasn't hidden his desire to play for Scotland. Yer che adams...George hirst only declared interest after we had qualified for finals
-
I love your gatekeeping take on the regulations that allow most international players to be selected only matter because someone chose a path open to them playing football for a country they are eligible for a passport for. He didn't wander into Hampden and demand to play for Scotland, he had eligibility and was selected, obviously good enough to be selected by England throughout his youth career, international GK seem to be an institution so he would have chosen Scotland as we were in transition at that position.
-
But in Angus Gunn’s case he had represented England at youth level all the way up to u-21 and was even called up to the senior squad although did not get any game time. It was only when it became clear that he was far too far down the pecking order for England that he decided to “see sense” as you put it. That makes a mockery of the whole thing. He chose to play for Scotland because he is not good enough to play for England, it is as simple as that. And from what I have seen he’s not all that great for Scotland either.
-
It's not always an easy decision when you're half Scottish and half English, though. Or born outside of Scotland to Scottish parents. You get someone like Ollie McBurnie who was born in Leeds to a Scottish father and has always been desperate to wear the dark blue. Angus Gunn may not have had that same drive, but his old man was a Scotland cap and he saw sense in the end.
-
Why the Society's Fan Ownership Festival is being held in Glasgow and not in the Motherwell area? Surely it should be supporting the local business community. Seems a bit wierd. It would also cut down on travelling for folks who want to go along.
- Last week
-
Must admit I thought the Tennents Sixes was much more entertaining than last nights Scotland game 🤣 Relief now of course we will be back to some normality next weekend