2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I really don't think there is any doubt that Murphy will be with us this year given McCall's recent comments.

Money talks - Murphy walks........

Not quite feeling how I was when McFadden was with us, but the thought of losing Murphy before the transfer deadline fills me with fear.

Higdon has shown glimpses in the friendlies, but so far that is all. And with McHugh and Smith waiting in the wings we are HEAVILY reliant on Murphy. I still feel we need another striker to compete against Higdon or Murphy. If the money is not there then we have no choice but to tough it out.

But if Murphy leaves and we fail to replace him with decent quality we will struggle for goals this season.

I think the issue with Murphy is that if he goes then we will have the funds to find a decent replacement, but that might not happen until the last day of the transfer window which leaves us up shit creek as we can't then get anyone until January (Unless they are out of contract)

Bit of a catch 22 this one.

Money talks - Murphy walks........

Not quite feeling how I was when McFadden was with us, but the thought of losing Murphy before the transfer deadline fills me with fear.

Higdon has shown glimpses in the friendlies, but so far that is all. And with McHugh and Smith waiting in the wings we are HEAVILY reliant on Murphy. I still feel we need another striker to compete against Higdon or Murphy. If the money is not there then we have no choice but to tough it out.

But if Murphy leaves and we fail to replace him with decent quality we will struggle for goals this season.

Thats just it though. A big offer might come in but we can't afford to let him go at ay price, I dont think we can replace him with any fee due to his age and potential.

That's EXACTLY why he will play a central role this year. The club know he is our prize asset and are going to put him in the shop window/centre stage for the coming year so that he bags a heap of goals, his value increases exponentially and we get the best out of our investment/him at the end of the year. He may be rated highly now but think how that will increase when he responds to more responsibility. By the time we sell him the hope will be that McHugh or Smith will have stepped up a level or six to do the exact same thing with over the next few years. Given we don't quite have that young replacement ready to go yet, it wont happen in this window.

I'm absolutely positive that's the case.

we should show interest in signing neilson.

that's a surefire way of getting aberdeen to try to sign him.

brown is a scumbag who is intent on p1ssing us off.

no matter what Aberdeen will always have it in for us . We should express interest in filip sebo and bob Malcolm :whistling:

Don't be so sure Murphy is going nowhere, the management are shiting it that a late bid comes in for him and we lose him.

As am I, if that happens I expect it will have a massive impact on our season.

It might not be up to the management it might be this disastrous community committee that has final say.

From what I have read so far, that's not how the committee will work. We'll end up with one vote on the board for matters like this (if we are allowed to vote at all).

From what I have read so far, that's not how the committee will work. We'll end up with one vote on the board for matters like this (if we are allowed to vote at all).

st mirren's new board structure will be a third appointed by fans, a third appointed by corporate sponsors and a third by community initiatives.

looking at this it seems it will depend on whether the club are trying to be a bonafide co-op society or a 'benefit of the community' one.

when boyle's video came out and 'the one member one, one vote' part was highlighted i assumed it would be a bonafide type but after reading what derek weir said in the wishaw press i have a bad feeling it will be the other one.

unless 50% of the board is fan appointed and there is some sort of egm trigger i won't be buying in. in the wishaw press weir said

“Members will have to elect people who represent them and those elected will sit on the board and will have a direct say, the same as any other director.

“It will be up to those represented to make sure the fans are being heard.

that doesn't sound promising and if they think fans are going to shell out cash for a couple of martin rose types to sit on the board they are mistaken.

• Like 1

We'll be limited to who wants to stand, of course, but presumably democracy will prevail and the representatives will be the ones that we vote for (regardless of of what 'type' they are).

democracy won't really prevail if 1500+ fans vote in two representatives and the only end up with 25% of the fans on the board.

the old board structure was fair enough, boyle was the one who put in money and took the financial risk so he was entitled to have whoever he wanted on it. in the new set up are derek weir or leeann dempster going to be doing that? i very much doubt it, so why should they and others get guaranteed seats?

We'll be limited to who wants to stand, of course, but presumably democracy will prevail and the representatives will be the ones that we vote for (regardless of of what 'type' they are).

But if the guy you vote for doesn't get the majority of votes then you're not going to be very happy at shelling out your hard earned cash to be represented by someone you didn't vote for. Im not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of it but from what iv'e heard so far there doesn't appear to be a lot on offer to convince punters to put their hand in their pocket.