2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Goodwillie is a poacher who if you blindfolded him and spun him round would still be facing at the goalmouth (closest player I've seen to him is Ian Wright - Arsenal, not Celtic) Murphy is a more intelligent player who has the ability to be a creator as well as a scorer but won't bag anything like the same number.

I must be one of the only ones who really doesnt see this.

He is a decent player but in my opinion he is as overarated as hell. Comparing him to Ian Wright is just ridiculous. In any game last year against the well he was definataley nothing special, even taking that overhead kick into consideration. IMO that aswell should have been saved by Randy and could easily have been disallowed as his boot was about 3-4 inches from Hutchy's face.

Out of a mtter of interest how many goals did he score last year from open play????

Can't believe anybody is doubting Goodwillie's talent, if he was playing for us people would be saying he was worth about 5 million! Some of the goals he has scored are top class and I think he's the sort of player you don't want to be up against, he's a talented striker. Surprised united have the bottle to turn down some of the bids being mentioned though, fair play if they get £2m+.

I think we deserve another decent season out of Murphy, maybe that's being selfish, but avoiding injury this will be Jamies season at fir park. Teams like wigan are sniffing about now but I think we should try to hold out for now. In saying that, you see what wigan have done for the guys from Hamilton and it must be tempting for Jamie himself.

• Like 1

sometimes murphy is phenomenal. by far the most talented player on the park some games.

but other times he's posted missing.

i think this will be a fantastic season for him. he just needs to find that consistency and get more confidence in his undoubted ability.

I was "fraped" a while back, and occasionally get Facebook posts appear from a (presumably fake) nacho novo page.

Anyway, according to the (presumably fake) nacho novo Facebook page, he is in talks with Stuart McCall about joining us.

Dont like him, but was a decent player.

Hasn't really worked out for him in Spain, and I believe his wife/partner is Scottish, so realistic enough story.

I must be one of the only ones who really doesnt see this.

He is a decent player but in my opinion he is as overarated as hell. Comparing him to Ian Wright is just ridiculous. In any game last year against the well he was definataley nothing special, even taking that overhead kick into consideration. IMO that aswell should have been saved by Randy and could easily have been disallowed as his boot was about 3-4 inches from Hutchy's face.

Out of a mtter of interest how many goals did he score last year from open play????

At last, someone on the same wavelength as me when it comes to rating Goodwillie.

I take great interest in seeing Scottish talent progress but the hype surrounding Goodwillie is media driven imo. I'm sure he will go on to carve out a decent career but he is far away from being a top Scottish talent.

Also, there's an interview with Stuart McCall on the Herald site today which quotes him saying;

common sense would tell you that wigan is his most likely destination. martinez is comfortable with the spl market and will be looking to turn the nzogbia dough into 3 or 4 players. people are talking about mccarthy as £12m player now so i think he'll be quite keen to bring in more scottish talent and a technical player like murphy would appeal to him.

At last, someone on the same wavelength as me when it comes to rating Goodwillie.

I take great interest in seeing Scottish talent progress but the hype surrounding Goodwillie is media driven imo. I'm sure he will go on to carve out a decent career but he is far away from being a top Scottish talent.

i agree. if goodwillie is as great as people are making out then why was jamie playing ahead of him in the u21 playoff?

it being media driven is part of it but i feel we don't shout as loudly about our players as fans of other scottish clubs. people from dundee are obviously a bit thick but they've been going on about goodwillie as the best thing since sliced bread for years. i get the feeling that because we've had mcfadden, mcdonald and mccdonald and mccormack previously then it's more run of the mill for us but fans of clubs like aberdeen and united haven't seen a young creative player brought through for donkey's and go ott.

One of my fave moments of last season involved Goodwillie and to me highlights why I don't think he will be a top class player.

Big Hutch infront of the Well dugout took the ball and man in a crunching tackle in the cup game at FP and Goodie just sat on the ground shaking his head. He never kicked a ball after that. Shat it the rest of the game from Hutch.

He has talent, not in question. He is decent but not much else in my opinion. His attitude absolutley stinks from the high heavens. To me he is all that is wrong with modern footballers.

The Clubs that in for Jamie........I'd be surprised if we still have him in September. I think we will need to accept this and hope McCall can get another couple of strikers in. I just hope two or three of these Clubs get involved in a bidding war. £1.5m-£1.75m plus add ons and sell on would be a good bit of business. I can see people looking at Goodwillie's worth and expecting a good bit more though. Very difficult to judge though as wevdon't have all the facts.

Considering Utd's position they have done well. However, apparently the Blackburn bid has hit a wee problem so congratulations, so to speak, are on ice.

I was "fraped" a while back, and occasionally get Facebook posts appear from a (presumably fake) nacho novo page.

Anyway, according to the (presumably fake) nacho novo Facebook page, he is in talks with Stuart McCall about joining us.

Dont like him, but was a decent player.

Hasn't really worked out for him in Spain, and I believe his wife/partner is Scottish, so realistic enough story.

From an entirely separate source (a h*n mate - dodgy, I know), I heard this same rumour today.

Could be utter bullshit, all the same.

with higdon being injured unless we get a really stupid offer, then it would be madness to let Murphy go. He is an invaluable assets to our clubs ambitions at this time.

The Murphy transfer speculation chat and better publicity suprises me. What has changed since last season? He's only played two competetive games which hardly gives an indication that he has suddenly vastly improved. You've got to wonder who is pushing this, club or agent?

Shocked when I saw who was on the bench yesterday, nothing against them but we really need more options on the bench. The kids will come good eventually but we need one or two more experienced players coming off the bench when we are chasing a goal or defending a lead.

Stoke are the latest to be linked with Murphy. Doesn't strike me as likely as they seem to prefer stronger, more powerful players..

I can live with the various clubs who are supposedly "linked" with Murphy as long as none of them actually approach the club with an offer.

We've been hearing about scouts at our games, bigot brother interest and all sorts for weeks now, but McCall said on Friday that there had been no contact from anyone regarding the lad.

That's good enough for me. I'll start worrying when it's announced officially that the club have accepted a bid for him.

Murphys agent has done a sterling job over the last few months, it would seem he is a world beater at present, but untill the club recieve that offer it means nothing, i reckon the lad will stay untill at least Jan 2012, but he will need to forget about performance like yesterday and get back on track, as interest soon fades.

here's a link from sky sports website : http://www.skysports..._7074077,0.html

looks like gavin gunning isn't impressed with dundee utd. maybe still has an eye on the well signing him. oh he got injuried yesterday, a thigh injury.

cheesy