2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I don't think I'd look too much in to a wealthy man buying a house in the town he is from and is going to settle in when he retires.

already settled in and 200 yards from his weans school! wouldn't read a thing into it as his wife and boy have stayed here the whole time he's been at Norwich so nothing new there.

Jamaica called him up end of last season but don't know if he actually played or not.

Jamiaca Football Federation

Are we "avoiding" UK Based players?

October 10, 2010 was the last time Jamaica fielded a UK based player, Ricardo Fuller. It has now nearly 11 months since we have seen a UK based player in Black, Green and Gold and it is certainly a cause for concern. We must ask Tappa and Company, "Are we 'avoiding' UK Based Players?".

It is my belief that UK based players play a huge role in the development of football at the international level. They bring years of experience, tactical discipline and technical ability that wins the hearts of Jamaicans fans all the time. At this point in time the fans are growing restless, we are about 10 months away from the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers and we have yet to experiment with UK based players.

As I have said before we are just a few pieces away from completing the puzzle and stand an extremely strong chance of getting on that plane to Brazil. Technically, all we need is a solid Centre Back, Central Midfielder, Winger and an additional Striker. The general core of the team is good and I believe that with these additions Jamaica WILL reap more fruitful rewards in the near future.

Darren Pratley is a 25 year old Central Midfielder who plays for Bolton Wanderers in the English Premier League. He just moved from Swansea City where he assisted in their promotion to the Premier League. His tactical vision, sound mind and strong presence made a difference at Swansea, that is what Jamaica needs at the middle of the park right now.

When John Barnes was manager he called Pratley up; but days before the game Pratley received an injury. It is now time for Pratley to come back.

Chris Humphrey is a 23 year old winger who plays for Motherwell F.C. in the Scottish Premier League. Chris is reckoned to be the 17th fastest winger in the UK, he played an integral role in Motherwell's Europa League season last season. Humphrey was called up to the Jamaica team prior to the Gold Cup this Year, but his mother had a stroke days before the tournament. Chris can terrorize the opposition with his speed, cleverness and dead ball skills.

Zavon Hines is a 22 year old striker who plays for Burnley F.C. in the Championship, who recently moved from West Ham. Zavon Hines was called up by John Barnes in 2009 for an international friendly vs Nigeria but he did not feature. Former West Ham and England International Dean Aston said Zavon is one to watch for the future as he is a very lethal striker in front of goal.

These pieces will fit in nicely into the pool of players and they will play an integral role in getting to Brazil. Now is the time to step up.

Who was putting in most of the deliveries? Yeah.

And Morrison for that matter. Not based on his performance yesterday right enough.

Humphrey shouldn't be, and isn't anywhere near the Scotland set up.

perhaps from corners and free kicks but i think you have your wingers and centre mids a bit mixed up :lol:

And Morrison for that matter. Not based on his performance yesterday right enough.

This. A good SPL player and causes problems with his pace, but he's just not an international class footballer. Not even close.

Incidentally, who are the 16 players faster than him? Who's number 1? Must be really fcking fast!

Alan Hutton was the man putting in most of the crosses yesterday.... not saying that Humphrey should be in the squad, but to compare him to a central midfield player is just mental!!

I agree, more or less, I just wondered to be honest. There was some chat about him playing for Jamaica and it went quiet just after. I live in hope that one day it'll click for him, like when you're learning to drive and you're shite at it, then one day it clicks.

Stupid, stupid optimism.

I agree, more or less, I just wondered to be honest. There was some chat about him playing for Jamaica and it went quiet just after. I live in hope that one day it'll click for him, like when you're learning to drive and you're shite at it, then one day it clicks.

Stupid, stupid optimism.

FIFA World Cup Rankings as of 05/09/2011

Scotland 55th Jamaica 44th

Chris Humphrey was selected to join the Jamaica national Team, just like to point out they are much higher in the World rankings than Scotland, but Humphrey is knowhere near good enough to play for Scotland.

We need to face the facts Scotland are not a good football team and to say a player is not good enough for play for them is a little rich in my eyes, especially when a team HIGHER ranked in the world want him to play for them.

FIFA World Cup Rankings as of 05/09/2011

Scotland 55th Jamaica 44th

Chris Humphrey was selected to join the Jamaica national Team, just like to point out they are much higher in the World rankings than Scotland, but Humphrey is knowhere near good enough to play for Scotland.

We need to face the facts Scotland are not a good football team and to say a player is not good enough for play for them is a little rich in my eyes, especially when a team HIGHER ranked in the world want him to play for them.

Bet you we would beat Jamaica.

Who are Jamaica playing to attain that placing? Serious question. Don't Mexico have an almost permanent high placing due to playing very regular games against 'lesser' nations?

Having watched Scotland a number of times this season, they have looked poor in all areas across the pitch, Jamaica would give them a good go, thats not my point though, the point of the matter is Scotland at present are not a good national team, and that is reflected in the FIFA world rankings!

Having watched Scotland a number of times this season, they have looked poor in all areas across the pitch, Jamaica would give them a good go, thats not my point though, the point of the matter is Scotland at present are not a good national team, and that is reflected in the FIFA world rankings!

I'm not arguing any of these points, Dazzer. I don't know enough about Jamaica to have an opinion on how we would do against them. What I am asking though is who have been Jamaica's recent opponents? That could tell more about their placing and quality rather than just stating they are 11 places in front of us.

This is exactly why the FIFA world rankings are a load of shite

e.g Burkina Faso are 40th, Venezuela 44th, Honduras 50th, Cape Verde Islands 72nd. Aye ok then.

Then you have the likes of Romania (54th), Scotland (55th), Poland (65th) and Austria (68th) - all of which would comfortably beat the above teams. We play the worlds best teams in our qualification zone. Honduras play, amongst others, Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad, Bahamas, Panama etc etc - all of which are poop. Cape Verde islands?! Surprised they've even got enough players to field a team.

FIFA World Rankings? Shite.

FIFA rankings have always been a subject to discuss, but i have only highlighted Scotlands ranking, Scotland are not as good as we think they are, i would not be confident that Scotland could beat any team in the top 30 at present, we have some great players individually but thats about it, the sooner Scottish team selectors start looking outside the old firm in the SPL for players the better, yes the EPL provides the classy players but do they really enjoy playing for there Country , i dont think so, Motherwell are sitting 2ND in the SPL thus far and there is not one player anywhere near the Scottish first 11.... This is wrong but it wont change untill the routes of the game change in Scotland, our poor performances in Europe just highlight our poor ranking in the world, Motherwell have been the only team in the last 3 seasons to actually show some fight in Europe, and yet none of our players are considered good enough.

Current Well starting eleven ( usually)

Randolph - Irish

Hateley - English

Hutcheson - English

Craigan - N Irish

Hammell - Scottish

Jennings - English

Law - English

Lasley - Scottish

Murphy - Scottish

Humphrey - Jamaican

Higdon - English

Not a lot of Scottish talent there bursting to wear the dark blue.