125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

Don't let facts get in the way of a good 'inside story' tho.

Just to clear a few things up, the reason I posted that was because I was in Fir Park on the Monday after the Dundee Utd cup game at Tannadice where we drew 2-2. When walking through the main stand, the aroma of fabric softener filling my nostrils, the person I was with asked A McD about the washing, his reply was "they're getting their third wash, followed by a few choice blue words and ending with "bloody white strips".

Sorry if my "inside knowledge" doesn't fit with the view of those who claim to know otherwise. I took the events above to draw my conclusion before posting.

Seen on the Well Shop's FB page that the 125th Anniversary strips are due for delivery in June so the design must must be finalised -I'm curious to see what it's like.

Who know's when the season ticket renewal leaflets are being sent out? Puma tops I've seen so far for next year haven't been too exciting, so far my favourites have been the new lyon and bayern, both made by adidas.

O_Lyon_11_12_Home_Adidas_2.jpg

Bayern-Munich-11-12-adidas-home-football-shirt-a.jpg

Got my ST renewal letter today and the anniversary strip design is in it. Basic claret and amber band retro top with the wee MFC logo with 125 years under it.

Looks quite nice I think! :thumbup:

Anybody got the facilities to scan the flyer in and post it? In work and chokin to see it.

So for the 125th anniversary we bring out THE classic design and it's 'pointless'.

We don't even know what the material is. It might be a regular football shirt and unlike the Wark inch thick woolen job.

Motherwell fans. Doncha just love the moaning c***s

I got the season ticket renewal form in today and I don't think that's the actual strip for next season. It's a retro design like the others say, but it says its only available in adult sizes which would seem mad for an actual kit as you'd think at least half of the ones we'd sell would be for kids' sizes.

Plus it has no sponsors and no badge, just the 'MFC' logo.

I didn’t choose the shirt design, (although it is my favourite Well top design!) but I was responsible for creating the MFC 125 YEARS monogram that will appear on the shirt. If Alan Provan / The Well Shop agree, I can post a larger version on here for you all to see. (I’m not sure who did the drawing on the leaflet but it isn’t very clear)

• Like 1

I didn't choose the shirt design, (although it is my favourite Well top design!) but I was responsible for creating the MFC 125 YEARS monogram that will appear on the shirt. If Alan Provan / The Well Shop agree, I can post a larger version on here for you all to see. (I'm not sure who did the drawing on the leaflet but it isn't very clear)

Yes Willie,

Fire away and post a clearer pic, That would be helpful.

The shirt is similar in design to the previous retro shirt but it has a modern twist. We have used a heavy polyester (thicker than your normal football jersey) instead of the cotton that we have used in previous retro shirts.

To celebrate 125 years of this great institution we decided that the most appropriate design would be influenced by the more traditional strips of our history.

The shirt is enhanced further with the crest that Willie kindly designed for us using the original font with some additional details.

It is not a first team shirt and will only be on sale in the club shop. The decision to go with Adults sizes only was because this shirt will appeal in the main to the more experienced sections of our support :)

Hope this helps.

It will be available to order online tomorrow afternon.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

I have a feeling this idea isn't what the majority (all?) of the support were expecting....

Seems most thought we were getting some kind of special, one-season anniversary kit, a-la the claret Arsenal home kit from a few seasons back for the Highbury stuff....and it turns out what we actually have is just another bit of shop merchandise?

• Like 1

Yes Willie,

Fire away and post a clearer pic, That would be helpful.

As requested a clearer image of the shirt and the 125 YEARS monogram. It’s basically a redraw of our original (Now long lost!) MFC script font that was used on our late 60’s/70’s kits. With the addition of a subtle, slightly darker amber 125 YEARS underneath the MFC. I’m not sure if the Puma logo will be on this top, but if it is it will also be in a slightly darker shade of amber.

30k928m.jpg

As requested a clearer image of the shirt and the 125 YEARS monogram. It's basically a redraw of our original (Now long lost!) MFC script font that was used on our late 60's/70's kits. With the addition of a subtle, slightly darker amber 125 YEARS underneath the MFC. I'm not sure if the Puma logo will be on this top, but if it is it will also be in a slightly darker shade of amber.

30k928m.jpg

It's a pity that isn't being used as the home strip for next season, it looks good.

When will we be seeing the actual kit for next year then?

Nice that. Like the way the Puma logo's in a darker amber so it's not as obvious. Would've loved to have seen that as next seasons home kit. Saying that, by the time the names/numbers/sleeve patches/sponsors logos were added, would've ruined it a bit. Just the times we live in now.

I’m not sure if the Puma logo will be on this top, but if it is it will also be in a slightly darker shade of amber.

Hope the Puma logo isn't on it; if it is, would probably look a bit more balanced if the "125 years" was midway between the Puma and MFC logos, rather than underneath the MFC. Good stuff, though.