Where Are They Now?

Haggischomper

What happened to Keith McRae after Man.City? (I note he was sub the last time we met St Johnstone in a cup semi)

Joe Corrigan was first choice at Man City so Keith didn't make as many appearances as he would have liked for the first team. After City Keith went to the NASL to play for Philadelphia Fury and Portland Timbers, when he came back to Britain I think he signed for Leeds United?

On a side note, Fury also played in claret and amber. smile.gif

1icvub.jpg

Joe Corrigan was first choice at Man City so Keith didn't make as many appearances as he would have liked for the first team. After City Keith went to the NASL to play for Philadelphia Fury and Portland Timbers, when he came back to Britain I think he signed for Leeds United?

On a side note, Fury also played in claret and amber. smile.gif

1icvub.jpg

I spoke with Malcolm Allison a couple of years back, and he said McRae was the weirdest person he'd ever worked with. They had been trying to trace him for a get-together of all the players from Mal's time at City but no-one could find him.

Read an article about McRae on TimesOnline. It was a "Whatever Happened To....?" write up on a Man City Cup squad. It pretty much said the same thing (except for the 'weird' part). Apparently he lost touch with City after he moved on and is "believed to be living somewhere in the US" but nobody has any real idea of his whereabouts.

This is quite a few years back mind, but I was in a pub in Glasgow and Chic Charnley was at the next table. He starts talking to another footballer (I've forgotten who it was now) and he was saying that Buff Martin was making a fortune from running an off-license.

Whatever happened to that boy Keogh (I think Keogh?) with the ridiculous haircut that was on loan in the last Butcher year (again, I think?), I heard he was amazing in training but barely looked like a player.

Paul Keegan still running a dominoes?

Whatever happened to that boy Keogh (I think Keogh?) with the ridiculous haircut that was on loan in the last Butcher year (again, I think?), I heard he was amazing in training but barely looked like a player.

Paul Keegan still running a dominoes?

Andy Smith you possibly meaning thisGRAEME? Another Irish internationalist with a penchant for dyed blonde hair as I recall. No idea what happened to him after he returned to PNE mind you.

Keogh was a young defender who got a couple of games before being released and I think ended up at Forfar for a short time.

Aye, Andy Smith, dunno where I got Keogh from. Turns out he plays for Ballymena United.

Sounds like a top lad:

The following season saw Andy score 10 goals in 39 appearances for his new club, one of which was an equalising goal in an Irish Cup semi-final defeat to Portadown. The celebration that followed this goal was both bizarre and controversial, with Andy donning a white glove which he pulled out from his shorts and mimicking a loyalist marcher along the touchline. Under prompting from the Andersontown News and Sinn Féin Assemblyman Paul Butler, the IFA agreed to look into the incident but no disciplinary action was ever taken.

:blink:

This is quite a few years back mind, but I was in a pub in Glasgow and Chic Charnley was at the next table. He starts talking to another footballer (I've forgotten who it was now) and he was saying that Buff Martin was making a fortune from running an off-license.

He used to say his occupation for his car insurance when he was playing for us was a long distance lorry driver, Chic must have advised him on that :evilgrin: .

Fuckin hell mate

Brain Heron passed away in 2008

Link

Sorry mate but there is a Brian Heron managing Maryhill and I was talkin to him at a Junior game 4 weeks ago. He was talking about the old days at Motherwell so just assumed it was the same one. WEIRD!!!! Mibbe a relative??

Fuckin hell mate

Brain Heron passed away in 2008

Link

Where in the article does it say that Brian is dead? Or am I missing something?

we received an email from Brian's brother Derek saying that Brian has only recently been released from hospital after 7 months following a severe stroke. He is now in a nursing home suffering from almost complete loss of speech, total paralysis of his right arm & leg.

Thank you to everyone for your help, and we look forward to Brian coming along as our guest of honour as soon as his health allows.