Inverurie Pitch

WellMartyn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1-1 home to Buckie Thistle. Think it was said before that they didn't have much problem getting a game on for a 3pm kick-off, bar the odd occasion. Given the game is 7.45 Monday night, with the forecast indicating the temp won't drop below freezing during the period, good chance the game will go ahead. Think it all now depends on how much snow will fall, which is not certain just now.

I've been sent to collect you Andy. Now get out of this forum and stay out . Ye know what yev been telt. Mingling with these Scottish Steelmen isnae guid fir ye. You get back into that HLNET forum and stay there !

rory

*wave*

Looking just fine for a game tomorrow at the moment Rory. Thought Rossco and Tommy bossed the game yesterday but no real cutting edge up front. Back to Plan B for the cup game which I think involves 10 men across the goal line and the goalie takes anything above head height. :P

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21088142/

Inverurie Turn Down Offer To Use Motherwell's Hot Air Balloon

Feb 1 2009 By Scott Mcdermott

MOTHERWELL have offered Inverurie Locos a hot air balloon to ensure their Scottish Cup tie gets the go-ahead - but the Highlanders don't want it because they won't pay for diesel to run it.

The SPL team have become frustrated because their fourth round clash with Dave Cormie's men has now been called off four times.

It's scheduled for tomorrow but with frost predicted in the north it looks set to be called off for a fifth time.

Well last night offered Locos the balloon they use on Fir Park to prevent the pitch freezing. The Lanarkshire club even agreed to pay £12,000 of the £15,000 it costs to run it for a weekend to ensure the game would be played.

But Inverurie say they can't afford £3000 for diesel and labour costs.

Steelmen boss Mark McGhee was disappointed by the decision and urged the SFA to change the rules so the tie can be switched to Fir Park.

He said: "We have offered them our balloon with us paying for most of it.

"If they've rejected that it's weird.

"It's really frustrating and the forecast is for more frost up there. It's become a bit farcical now.

"We appreciate there's nothing in the rules to say we can switch it to Fir Park but we need to modernise the rules.

"If it helps get these games on quicker it should be done.

"There has to be a rule change. It's a downside to the 'romance of the cup.' "We want it to be played there as it's what the competition is about.

"A lot of fans have handed back their tickets because they've now taken two afternoons off work to go up there and it's been postponed.

"They can't afford to do it again. Those who were originally going can't go and that's reason alone to change the rules.

"If it's going to move from Inverurie I want it to be here. I don't want it played at Pittodrie for instance.

"We don't want to pay Aberdeen to host our cup tie as that eats in to any money ourselves or Inverurie can make."

Guest mockchop
An unfortunate quote. It's far more civilised/cultured than Motherwell IMHO, and I know where I'd rather live........ and it's not on the east bank of the M74.

Personally I don't believe Locos warrant any stick/abuse from us southern softeez, and are perfectly entitled to hold the game at Harlaw Park no matter how long it takes to come to fruition.

As for the few Dossers who are pointing the finger, I can undestand their frustration, but this situation is not of Locos making. People in glass houses mind :lol:

if you stay near the m74 you can go to all the games :lol:

Over the forecast period, we are more at risk from snow than Inverurie bizzarely enough! Could well be that the most difficult part of tomorrow's journey is the part home :lol:

Caught some of the footie talk on Radio Scotland around 4pm and they stated the Loco's chairman (I think :huh: ) had been in touch saying they expect the game to be on unless there's a dramatic turn in the weather.

Pretty sure they also said there are no plans for a pitch inspection :blink: as the ground is fine following their home game yesterday.

Hope it's on but if I get halfway up and it's put off, reckon the tickets will be getting sent back to FP

MON RA DOSSERS