Inverurie Pitch

WellMartyn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you stay near the m74 you can go to all the games ;)

it gets worse . Not sure who tis dame is speaking for Motherwell but she should have the brains to realise that she can't bully succesful businessmen into forking out several grand for no good reason. this is from the club website. you will see the conversation is witnessed .I think I know who is mad !

The Harlaw Park club prepared the following statement on Saturday night ahead of any reviewed discussions more agreeable to the home team:It reads: "Leanne Dempster telephoned Steve Innes at around 12 noon on Thursday 29th January offering a "gesture" from Motherwell FC to the Locos - the use of the state of the art defrosting facilities owned by Motherwell FC.

Following deliberation regarding the ideal time that this apparatus would require to be most effective, and the actual time available as a consequence of our important league tie with fellow title contenders Buckie at Harlaw Park on 31st Jan, it was discussed that this equipment could be operational from 5pm Saturday until Monday 2nd Feb lunchtime.

The proposal appeared initially to be an excellent way forward in trying to ensure the rearranged game could proceed to be played on Monday. However, it was disclosed that Motherwell were requiring payment of £5,000 "costs" and that additional running costs, estimated at £1,000 made the proposal unacceptable to the Locos.

Leanne Dempster proceeded to suggest that we were "mad" not to accept the proposal. Several times she quoted the word "mad". Steve Innes's mobile was on "hands-free", primarily so that Eddie Innes ( Vice Chairman ) and fellow Committee member Allan Booth were able to listen carefully to what technical requirements might be necessary.

They heard the words used by Ms Dempster and were not surprised when Steve Innes abruptly ended the telephone conversation by stating she should call again when she was prepared to take a different stance"

Thank you Leanne Dempster. If the backwater comment was not sufficient to rile people then she sure has done the trick.

As we've been told previously, there is no terracing for the away support and we would be required to stand on a grass banking. Presuming it's covered in snow, would the authorities allow the go ahead?

;) ... and the grass banking slopes away fromthe pitch ! bring yer sledges :O

seriously , at the moment its just a dusting of snow by our standards so should be a goer

rory

About 2" of snow where I live in Fife this morning, with the prospect of more to come. I'm sure the authorities will also take into account road conditions near the ground and spectator safety. Its not just the pitch.

Not looking good.

Spot on Kmcalpin. It is a blizzard in Edinburgh right now and the forecast on BBC this morning was for substantial snow to fall at all points between Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen this afternoon. That means it will be a hazardous journey for most Well fans and more importantly the Team!

How ironic that I sat last Wednesday morning in Aberdeen on a beautiful sunny day and the game was called off and yet the country is wrapped in a blizzard and this game may get the go ahead today! You could not make it up.

Thank you Leanne Dempster. If the backwater comment was not sufficient to rile people then she sure has done the trick.

I do not know Leanne personally but she comes across as an intelligent well spoken person. If she did indeed make these comments and in that manner, then you are right Rory - not the way to get people onside. Several 000 pounds is a lot of money to the Locos, hell it is a lot of money to Motherwell FC.

Inverurie had the luck of the home draw and they should reap the associated benefits. That said I cannot help thinking that somewhere along the line more could have been doen to get this game on beforehand. Not every postponement, but there appear to be days where there was no pitch protection at all.

to be fair, you kind of are being mad in this circumstance. Firstly, to not put the covers down simply because you reckon the weather is going to be ok is madness... could your boys not be bothered putting them down?

Secondly, with regard to the balloon. If I read correctly, we offered to meet £12k of the £15k running costs... can't really say fairer than that can you? When we're not playing at home we've been known to rent it out to the likes of Leyton Orient who pay the full amount.

I'd rather go hungry to be honest and make sure the game goes ahead.... two huge batches of pies wasted? That'll not be a kick in the stones off £3k.

;)

I do not know Leanne personally but she comes across as an intelligent well spoken person. If she did indeed make these comments and in that manner, then you are right Rory - not the way to get people onside. Several 000 pounds is a lot of money to the Locos, hell it is a lot of money to Motherwell FC.

Inverurie had the luck of the home draw and they should reap the associated benefits. That said I cannot help thinking that somewhere along the line more could have been doen to get this game on beforehand. Not every postponement, but there appear to be days where there was no pitch protection at all.

Look , you guys canny get a match on when yeve got aw the fancy balloons , blankets and covers . We are a wee HFL team , grass roots football, run on a tight budget. We have Pittodries cover and their ground staff advising us. Not often you will find a call off there.

You need to go back into the glass house and put the stones in the rockery first.

Look , you guys canny get a match on when yeve got aw the fancy balloons , blankets and covers . We are a wee HFL team , grass roots football, run on a tight budget. We have Pittodries cover and their ground staff advising us. Not often you will find a call off there.

You need to go back into the glass house and put the stones in the rockery first.

So you are saying that before every postponement there have been Pittodries ground covers or covers that can cover the entire pitch?? If that is the case then no complaints from me.

Rory what you are reading on this site is mainly frustration at having to request so many half day holidays etc only then to change again. Well fans have nothing against the Locos and were well pleased to be playing a non league side in the cup for the first time in about 50 years.

Pitch is looking okay apparently but they're gonna have a further check in 30mins...

I presume this is to shovel the snow off to see how the grass is underneath!

Soon as we're told I'll letcha know!

'Flow

Pitch is looking okay apparently but they're gonna have a further check in 30mins...

I presume this is to shovel the snow off to see how the grass is underneath!

Soon as we're told I'll letcha know!

'Flow

I think the clue is the sentence - "shovel the snow off". At least all prior postponements have been made with advanced warning. Imagine the furore if we all head off for the game only to get stuck on the motorway on the way up or for it to be cancelled at 6pm. This board would go into meltdown!

There's a huge wad of snow showers making their way from the SouthEast of Scotland and will run right across our area. It's going to be dangerous driving conditions today, and even if their park is okay for the game, the safety of the fans and our team travelling must be taken into account I'd say.