David

Steelmen Online Motherwell Photo Thread

21 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

:dancer:

She's not certain but she thinks it might be. She doesn't have contact with him anymore, so can't ask him, directly.

12 minutes ago, Wishielad said:

She's not certain but she thinks it might be. She doesn't have contact with him anymore, so can't ask him, directly.

Thanks for asking anyway. And so the mystery endures.......

• Like 1

The previously mentioned John Fallon in the Scottish Cup quarter final at Fir Park in 1972 when we drew 2-2 with the Orks. Davie Whiteford behind him and John Muir on the goal line.

FB_IMG_1578454994094.jpg

2 hours ago, El Grew said:

The previously mentioned John Fallon in the Scottish Cup quarter final at Fir Park in 1972 when we drew 2-2 with the Orks. Davie Whiteford behind him and John Muir on the goal line.

FB_IMG_1578454994094.jpg

An early exposure for me to the pain of playing the Old Firm. 2-1 up with minutes to go and the "Girvan Lighthouse" launches a trademark kick soaring right into Colin Stein's path bang equaliser. Onto Ibrox and a thumping 5-2 (I think) after the aforementioned John Fallon threw one into the net, very early in the game.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Steelman1991 spot on but we only lost 4-2.

Thanks Grew - scarred I was at that early age and the intervening years haven't helped lol.

slightly off topic, but I loved that green goalie top, Stuart Rennie looked great in it. :thumbup:

Kieth McRae's black one was better though.

7 minutes ago, grumpy said:

slightly off topic, but I loved that green goalie top, Stuart Rennie looked great in it. :thumbup:

Kieth McRae's black one was better though.

Keith McRae the best ginger haired goalie we ever had. Mind you the competition was John Fallon and Craig Samson.

Seriously though one hell of a goalkeeper/right back/centre forward. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, well_said said:

Keith McRae the best ginger haired goalie we ever had. Mind you the competition was John Fallon and Craig Samson.

Seriously though one hell of a goalkeeper/right back/centre forward. 

and journalist for the Manchester Evening News.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

and journalist for the Manchester Evening News.

He lives in the States now I believe, if you bump into him, say hi from me.:D

6 minutes ago, grumpy said:

He lives in the States now I believe, if you bump into him, say hi from me.:D

If he's still in Portland that's about as close to me as Motherwell!

21 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Thanks Grew - scarred I was at that early age and the intervening years haven't helped lol.

Steelman1991 I know.  I too carry a lot of scar tissue from that time and also from then until now and I have shed rivers of tears along the journey that is supporting the 'Well.  It's in the genes and in the blood. Wouldn't change it though.

From the 1931 Scottish Cup Final.

Celtic goalkeeper John Thomson gathers the ball from the incoming 'Well player Johnny Murdoch.

Just a few months later John Thomson tragically died as the result of a head injury received in an accidental clash with the Rangers centre-forward Sam English in the Old Firm league game at Ibrox.

49c09e9e1b7d8d03a6ed43ff5b5e1a18.jpg

Keith MacRae in his all black kit.

In the second picture he's diving at the feet of Alan Gordon of Dundee United (later of Hibs). Others in picture are Kenny Cameron and Joe Wark.

6c38b9e0-e740-4d2f-8948-d14756253566.jpg

Keig MacRae v Dundee Utd 21.10.1967.jpg

I believe it was Eddie Turnbull who, while manager of Hibs,  once gave Alan Gordon a pre-Fergie hairdryer session at half-time which ended with the comment, "See you, Gordon, all your brains are in yer heid!"

He was a cultured player, though not quite in the Gordon Smith category (AG that is).