New Strip

something else

Partick Thistle get special editions from Puma do they not? That really nice blue vintage looking effort and the pink camo thing spring to mind.

I'm not sure of the in and outs of producing bespoke kits, you would need to ask awp about that. Although I think you are allowed to take the basic template and print any pattern you choose on to it. Partick's camouflage top was a good example of using a template in this creative way.

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking about this the other day with my mate.

He was talking about buying the new rangers shirt for going on holiday.

Motherwell seem to miss a trick with this! Often bringing out shirts in august/September after everyone is back their holidays. I know this year the sponsor was only announced recently, but I'm not as likely to buy the shirt after my summer holiday, as before it. The old firm always seem to have them out early.

Never really understood the whole "need it for my holidays" thing

If you support either of the old firm it cuts down on baggage allowance,2 replicas last all holiday and the case has more room for Buckfast

Motherwell seem to miss a trick with this! Often bringing out shirts in august/September after everyone is back their holidays. ....The old firm always seem to have them out early.

So far out of the twelve SPL sides only Dundee United, Hearts, Hibernian, Rangers and St Mirren have revealed their new home kit. Out of those five only two (Hearts, St Mirren) have revealed their away as well. Celtic have only revealed their third kit.

This leaves Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Shite Johnstone and Motherwell as the sides yet to reveal any of their new gear. So I wouldn't say we are much different from the rest when it comes to missing a so called trick.

Why do we need a new kit every year whats wrong with the old one ? change the sponsor but keep the same design, or do what they done this year sell the tops without the sponsor :nod: . They would sell a lot more, why should the fans be ripped off to become unpaid advertisers for Cash converters !

Why do we need a new kit every year whats wrong with the old one ? change the sponsor but keep the same design, or do what they done this year sell the tops without the sponsor :nod: . They would sell a lot more, why should the fans be ripped off to become unpaid advertisers for Cash converters !

That would be worse. Some folks just have to have the most up to date top, kids especially, even if that just means a different sponsor. Personally I don't see the need but it's hardly a rip-off. If you want to buy it and keep right up to date then do so. Quite enjoy the anticipation of an impending kit change meself, usually a let down when it comes out mind. :rolleyes:

Never really understood the whole "need it for my holidays" thing

Apart from at the games, or playing football, it's the only other time I'd wear it.

A lot of people buy new clothes for going on holiday too, shorts and t-shirts in particular. Even just summer at home is a time when folk are more likely to wear a football shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

How are they? The same folk who buy a jersey will still buy a jersey, whether it comes oot now or in a couple of weeks.

I don't always buy a top. I've got a season ticket and will make almost every home game each year, but rarely wear a football top to the games, normally just my scarf will do.

However, if the top is out before I go on holiday I'd always buy one to wear about. This year if its out for T in the Park I'll buy it, great top to wear about and its a conversation starter to talk football with people your meeting for the first time. I also play football much more during the nicer weather of the summer and would love the top for that.

If it comes out at the end of the summer I will have less use for it, the summer is when I want it most. If it comes out as later as last year I won't be bothering. Will get it if its half price at the end of the season, something I have done plenty of times before now. I don't know how many other people think the same way as me, I hope not too many, as if there are the club and shop would be missing a trick not having it out by now. (I do understand it might not be as straight forward as some of us think it is and that might be why they take as long.)