New Strip

something else

I think the delay comes from the facts that the sponsorship was signed late on.

The strips will be coming from the far east, by boat I presume.

If they were to get flown in, it would probably put the cost up.

Do you really think the shop wants to sell them as late as they can?

Don't really think we can use that as an excuse- the tops were revealed and on sale last year before we had a sponsor. Surely the designs were there before Cash Converters were confirmed in May. I'm not an expert in the field but I can't imagine it taking two months to add a sponsor to the top. The same week we revealed Cash Convertors as the new sponsor, they were on our warm up tops at the weekend. Many clubs announce sponsor's within the time frame and still manage to have tops out for the start of the season.

There are pretty logical explanations to this - I spoke to Alan in the club shop last week.

But on here we all make assumtions about how things happen and what timescales are without knowing what the reality actually is.

Is there a pipeline at Puma?

How does the pipeline work?

Are we having the logo added in the factory or will we be adding it in the shop?

What impact does being late® with approved sponsor artwork make on timescales?

All things none of us here really know.

It's a wee bit annoying that most of us won't have the new top for going on holiday, and it's wee bit embarrassing as a 'Well fan that the strip isn't out before the season starts. But that's about it for us.

It's Alan Provan who will ultimately lose out financially as a result, and will also cop the majority of the earache for it from disgruntled fans, so it's him I feel most sorry for.

At the end of the day, it's only a T-shirt that most of us don't wear all that often, so there's no point in an OTT reaction about it. I honestly think that there is so much wailing and gnashing of teeth about it because there's no real football happening for folk to moan about.

• Like 2

IIRC the kits were out for our games vs Aalesunds but the sponsors logo was added at a late date, possibly August. For those that buy the tops (and Alan) I can see how it is a little disappointing theybaren't already on sale. However, I think that the amount they expect to sell they eventually will. Just might mean a 'leaner' month or two in the Summer than they would want. If someone is disappointed they aren't out and ithe delay is genuinely annoying them then in a way that shows a level of 'want' for the shirt that will more than likely result in a sale. Not perfect for both sides but as stated previously there could no doubt be reasons that we haven't figured into it.

Really? I'm pretty sure the new sponsor was announced last season, just before the Cup Final if memory serves.

I heard last night the reason the new kits is late is because News of the World hacked

Alan Provans phone and pinched the design before it got to Puma..........:whistling:

Jesus Christ some people get their "Alans" in a twist over the most minor things on this board...........do we get deducted points for not having the kit on sale before the first league game ??????

:dash2:

What is wrong with wanting your teams new strip for going on holiday ????

FFSake all we see is auld squirm green and blue, all we want is our new strip when we go on holiday.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

We all know when the old season ends and new season begins

Let me think, when shall we make new strips ??????????