Time Running Out For Mccall ?

postiejim

Last season we got to the Scottish Cup Final took our foot off the pedal, put in some terrible performances and looked a poor side.

This season we got to 3rd place in the league took our foot off the pedal, put in some terrible performances and looked a poor side.

Sometimes you wonder if this side has a real winners mentality or if they are happy just to be 'doing OK'. They don't seem to be really 'hungry' and I don't think McCall has really done much to change that, if anything he's legitimized that mentality with some of his comments.

aye, thats going to look great. Manager gets team into cup final, top half of the table, has a few dodgy performances like every over spl team, and gets punted. aye, very good.

Perhaps, now is the time for him to shine. Easy when we were winning, but he at least deserves times to sort this mini slide.

The staff at Fir Park need knuckle down and work harder.

A caller to Radio Scotland seems to think so. Whilst I think he has set the team up wrong in a few games this season I am still happy with our position and recent achievements. I am still happy with and 100% behind McCall although he does need to stop messing with the back four.

We're fourth with two games in hand over the team a point above us, it's mid-January with almost two-thirds fo the season gone and for the first time this season we've dropped out of the top three. We're in the middle of a bad run of form (which EVERYONE has during a season). Clearly time to get rid of the manager.............NOT.

• Like 7

Honestly? That chat is fuckin' diabolical. I'm as annoyed at the lack of a plan B as the next, but, time running out? Time running out on this board and half the morons who post.

They worked harder than us today. That's the base line for next week. Well, that and Jamie Murphy getting some heart.

I still have faith in Stuart McCall but our recent performances have been as bad as anything i've witnessed from crap Motherwell teams through the years. I do believe that up front we're really poor and i know im upsetting happy clappers here who no doubt will reply with he wins his fair share of high balls bit Michael Higdon and Jamie Murphy are crap together. This is not a knee jerk reaction they've been pish for weeks now and hopefully Stuarty can do some business in the window to kick start our faltering season because he must be pissed off as iam at our feeble attempts to score at home. Chris Humprey can leave too in my opinion and we should be looking to get someone of the calibre of Ryan Stevenson whose out of contract. So i'll reserve my judgement as to whether McCall's going to get us back on track with what happens during this January. What i do know is WE NEED A FECKIN STRIKER!!!!!!! :angry:

• Like 3

We're fourth with two games in hand over the team a point above us, it's mid-January with almost two-thirds fo the season gone and for the first time this season we've dropped out of the top three. We're in the middle of a bad run of form (which EVERYONE has during a season). Clearly time to get rid of the manager.............NOT.

Exactly Rickoza. Plus, look at the last few years over December/January.

2010/11 - started dropping down the table prior to and after Brown left. Took a while to stabilise after McCall came in, probably into February before we really started turning around.

2009/10 - in freefall under Gannon until Brown came in and shored us up in January.

2008/09 - Bottom of the table at Christmas (I think) under McGhee and improved somewhat after the break.

In know some of these coincided with managers being on their way out the door but look as far back as you like and we more often than not struggle around this time of year. Maybe it's the cold or just the size of squad but a slump is to be expected in any season and we seem to have ours around this time.

We'll turn it around as we usually do but those writing our season off already need to take a few deep breaths. If we still haven't scored/won at home come March, then you can start the moaning.

From firparkcorner .....Great post sums it up perfectly.

We have not won at home for nearly 4 months, we haven't even came close to winning in 4 months.

We have not had 1 good performance at home in 4 months. Yet all the excuse makers come up with drivel like " well we are doing well away from home " .Let me tell you ,you are all missing the point. We are in a false position and as I have said we are in freefall.

As far as our manager goes - Tell me what formation were we playing today, who was doing what. In the stands nobody understood what was going on.The only thing that was clear is that we didn't make their goalie have a save nor did we have a serious shot on goal.

the big hump up to Higdon, the knock down to nobody and we need to start again. This is a shambles. Watching 60 mins of failure and nothing gets done then he decides to try and change something.I am telling you we will struggle to finnish in the top six. FREEFALL FREEFALL FREEFALL. BUT FEEL FREE TO MAKE MORE EXCUSES.

• Like 3

Chris Humprey can leave too in my opinion and we should be looking to get someone of the calibre of Ryan Stevenson whose out of contract.

Totally agree! was in the 'gossip column' the other day that he might be in for a return to Ayr United.. surely we should be sniffing around.

But also agree with the comment about Higdon and Murphy, Higdon cannot play upfront by himself, he gets so isolated and i dont think Murphy is a proper 'striker'. If we want to keep up with the top half (basically Hearts) we need to get a decent striker in on loan or whatever and Mccall needs to be willing to change tactics! too many midfield players for a team with a limited budget. i fear a slip in the table but hopefully he proves me wrong

Quite sure McCall has been around long enough to put a moronic thread like this in perspective, but it's still shocking to see a title like that at the top of our board. Grow up and get a clue forfucksake.

Did you think we would just always win games from here on in? No bad spells? Cheapo signings amazing every week? Does a bad run prove our manager's 'limitations'?

We should be happy to be in top six, and we will still finish 3rd.

McCall's job will be under threat when we're in the position that clubs like Hibs & Aberdeen have found themselves in.

We're sitting fourth. If we finish in that position I'll be happy enough, even if the aim for a club like us should always be top six and a decent cup run if possible.