If a Rangers newco are voted in to the SPL...

Jay

194 members have voted

1. 1. If a newco was voted into the SPL would you consider turning your back on SPL football?

• Yes
    • No

If the answer is to join the Well Society to have our say then has the members received their "polling cards" from the club to have their say before the club votes - in just over a week.....

As I have not.

Quite a few administrative procedures to go through before we reach that stage ie selecting Board members. Its come too late for the impending SPL vote but its the long term answer. Perhaps though, the current SPL debate about a Rangers Newco may encourage more to join

If the club votes for Rangers in a fashion which infuriates many fans I would hope they would then join up and oust those who took the vote against the obvious wishes of the wider fan base. OUr views are fairly clear, the majority are against a newco Rangers taking the old SPL place, simple as that. The Society can be a great thing but the folk in power just now must realise it can also be agreat way of bringing them to book if they make unpopular decisions on our behalf. Called democracy.

Viva the Revolution Motherwell

If the club votes for Rangers in a fashion which infuriates many fans I would hope they would then join up and oust those who took the vote against the obvious wishes of the wider fan base. OUr views are fairly clear, the majority are against a newco Rangers taking the old SPL place, simple as that. The Society can be a great thing but the folk in power just now must realise it can also be agreat way of bringing them to book if they make unpopular decisions on our behalf. Called democracy.

Viva the Revolution Motherwell

maybe the people that are on the board have more information to base their decisions on than you and i?

i've seen a lot of posters saying they'd rather massively cut the playing budget than have a newco rangers in the spl but that ignores the fact that we owe nicky law, higdon, murphy, hutchy, randolph and hateley a lot of money next season. it would be a boot in the balls if all the money we raised was pissed away within 12 months.

maybe the people that are on the board have more information to base their decisions on than you and i?

i've seen a lot of posters saying they'd rather massively cut the playing budget than have a newco rangers in the spl but that ignores the fact that we owe nicky law, higdon, murphy, hutchy, randolph and hateley a lot of money next season. it would be a boot in the balls if all the money we raised was pissed away within 12 months.

All sellable assets so worst case scenario we'd have to sell them and have money in the bank... maintain the integrity of football and deal with it firstly as a sport rather than a business then deal with the consequences / benefits. That approach may actually see disillusioned fans becoming interested again but who'd want that?!

• Like 2

Well; they'd need to produce evidence of said information to keep their jobs wouldn't they?

Only if the majority of Well Society members disagreed with them. Even on here, there are a number of people resigned to the fact that the SPL needs Rangers.

Only if the majority of Well Society members disagreed with them. Even on here, there are a number of people resigned to the fact that the SPL needs Rangers.

If we need Rangers why we putting our money into a 'Well Society, when we should be given it all to the Rangers Fighting Fund.

Also, anyone who believes that there would be no deal with Sky to show Edinburgh Derbies and if Rangers are kicked out likely Dundee Derbies and then other games are fucking idiots of the highest order.

• Like 2

If we need Rangers why we putting our money into a 'Well Society, when we should be given it all to the Rangers Fighting Fund.

It’s ironic that giving your hard earned to the Well Society could lead to a vote for a Newco to waltz straight back into the SPL. If the worst comes to the worst, will Motherwell ballot all Well Society members before they say YES to a Newco?

As the Rangers situation begins to look bleaker and bleaker we need to prepare for our Chief Exec and the members of the Well Society inviting the Newco back into the SPL with open arms.

Do you know something we don't ? I'm sure our Chief Executive can speak for herself and I very much doubt if the majority of Well Society members would invite any newco back into the SPL. I might be totally wrong though.

Do you know something we don't ? I'm sure our Chief Executive can speak for herself and I very much doubt if the majority of Well Society members would invite any newco back into the SPL. I might be totally wrong though.

To be honest, I don't see the relevance of the Well Society to an SPL vote in the next month or two. While we can voice our opinion, we don't even have votes yet.

There's a big difference between resigned and disagreeing. If our club vote to let them back in then I'm all for a vote to oust those responsible come the full blown Society is launched, all the while I'm probably resigned to the fact they will get in should it come to it. Time for a bit of courage and some of the faith in our game that it's obvious more fans have than club officials.

To be honest, I don't see the relevance of the Well Society to an SPL vote in the next month or two. While we can voice our opinion, we don't even have votes yet.

I’m not sure what powers Well Society members will have in any Newco vote. However I’m 100% certain that the people with the power will vote a Newco Rangers straight back into the SPL.

I’m not sure what powers Well Society members will have in any Newco vote. However I’m 100% certain that the people with the power will vote a Newco Rangers straight back into the SPL.

I think that is unfortunately true. And as far as I can tell, at least in the early days, the Well Society will only have a minority holding in the Board of Directors.

• Like 1

I think that is unfortunately true. And as far as I can tell, at least in the early days, the Well Society will only have a minority holding in the Board of Directors.

And unfortunately such a decision would put an end to me watching Motherwell play SPL football. Would they miss me? Probably not. Would they miss a thousand or so? Probably yes.

Overnight we shot past 14,000 responses!

Right, it's the football this weekend, so if you're going the match, tell at least 2 pals and urge them to do the survey, tell them to get their smartphones out and get it done pronto! And urge them to tell more pals at the match, at the pub before and after the match. If enough word of mouth gets around the grounds and pubs today I'm sure we could pass 15,000 tonight!

Also, everyone please keep e-mailing u2us@skysports.com and make them take notice, they reported on a pointless survey of 1,650 people about wether or not they care about the olympics, yet are ignoring what is now 14,000 Scottish football fans?! Get 'em telt!

Here's this morning stats:

There have been a total of 14073 responses.

If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

No (13487) - 95.84%

Yes (586) - 4.16%

In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal (1661) - 11.80%

I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all (7310) - 51.94%

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco (4570) - 32.47%

I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures (532) - 3.78%

Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

Yes (5404) - 38.40%

No (8669) - 61.60%

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk