If a Rangers newco are voted in to the SPL...

Jay

194 members have voted

1. 1. If a newco was voted into the SPL would you consider turning your back on SPL football?

• Yes
    • No

However, the figures above clearly prove that a mass walk out from non-OF fans in the SPL is not only possible but probable, should a newco be voted into the SPL.

I don't think they do Jay. I agree its quite likely/possible that attendances would drop, but these surveys are not scientific. We don't know if there's been duplicate voting for example. Is membership of this forum or Pie and Bovril representative of all SPL fans? Are those with strong views in favour of a boycott more likely to post?

What would happen if our club voted against a newco being given automatic entry but lost the vote and Rangers 2012 were readmitted - would you boycott all our games in protest, but at whom?

I'd probably attend them yes, by that time , they'd just be opponents in the cup, its very much a league problem in play here

I can see your point about League vs Cup but for me it is all or nothing. If we draw 'Rangers' at Ibrox in the Cup, and you feel THAT strongly to boycott Motherwell vs St Mirren at Fir Park, then you are giving money to them (admitedly as well as our team) and funding their return to financial health.

I can see your point about League vs Cup but for me it is all or nothing. If we draw 'Rangers' at Ibrox in the Cup, and you feel THAT strongly to boycott Motherwell vs St Mirren at Fir Park, then you are giving money to them (admitedly as well as our team) and funding their return to financial health.

just as tens of thousands of them funded our return to financial health. too many people getting their hatred of one club mixed up with fairplay and application of the rules, if Rangers get punished and continue to exist in any form then I have no more grievance with them existing than Gretna , Livingston, Dundee, Airdrie united, Clach ,Clydebank. Motherwell or Morton

and I think you know me well enough, that I'll do my best to make sure my club receive income from me in some way.

but I will not back a league that is so corrupt they will allow some teams to die off, but bend rules to look after others

So I take it people have been boycotting English football since the Leeds scenario?

not really relevant as we arent season ticket holders in England, or buying a share in english clubs or spending in excess of 50 quid every week to go and watch your club home and away!! When people speak about boycotting, this is what the impact will be.....

just as tens of thousands of them funded our return to financial health. too many people getting their hatred of one club mixed up with fairplay and application of the rules, if Rangers get punished and continue to exist in any form then I have no more grievance with them existing than Gretna , Livingston, Dundee, Airdrie united, Clach ,Clydebank. Motherwell or Morton

and I think you know me well enough, that I'll do my best to make sure my club receive income from me in some way.

but I will not back a league that is so corrupt they will allow some teams to die off, but bend rules to look after others

We were helped by the fans of others. However the charges against Rangers, if true, of dual contracts, non payment of tax etc. are pretty unique and different to what we have sadly been accustomed to when Clubs this side of the border experience financial difficulties. Hatred or not of the OF they SHOULD be punished and dumped down the leagues.

However, I think I always knew that they would be protected. I don't think that has came as much of a shock to anyone. Disgusting, yes. Surprising, no.

Don't get me wrong I could be one of the people that will continue to go to Fir Park for home and Cup games. Each to their own and no individual decision to attend or boycott games are wrong.

We can all see it coming. We know what is going to happen. So my question would be isn't this the time to conduct a league wide boycott when there is a chance to influence the decision? Or are there too many important and exciting fixtures coming up?

A boycott next season will surely achieve very little.

I'm just not 100% convinced that if we find ourselves in 2nd place for a while next season, playing good football and winning games, with the wee odd initiatve for cheaper tickets at Fir Park that people, especially members of this forum, will continue to stay away.

Again, what are the future of these forums if people are so disgusted by the situation that they will stay away. Will they still log on to this forum, Pie and Bovril, and many others to discuss something they can't stomach anymore?

I might be very wrong on this. No one knows for sure at this stage.

Just for the record, I personally couldn't give a fuck about Leeds, just like I couldn't care less about similar scenarios in any other foreign football league in the world.

The Airdrie United / Clydebank scenario was a poor chapter in Scottish league history, however as Clydebank were bought over, the club was there's to do what they wanted with it. This was the Plan B - a newly formed Airdrie United were not admitted into the Scottish Football League despite applying.

I would still attend Scottish and League Cup games because I wouldn't be able to tear myself away from Motherwell completely. However, I would not be back at an SPL game, because all sense of interest, excitement and competativeness would be loss IMO. This isn't a threat or being melodramatic, I simply would feel I had far better things to do than go to corrupt SPL matches, in a league where years/decades of cheating went unpunished.

I would also be scrapping my Well Society membership for obvious reasons.

I should, however, point out that I would reconsider my position should the opportunitity be used to make dramatic changes to our game which even up the playing field dramatically in exchange for Rangers being readmitted to the SPL - something that I don't believe can be said about the current proposals.

I think that about covers it.

I should, however, point out that I would reconsider my position should the opportunitity be used to make dramatic changes to our game which even up the playing field dramatically in exchange for Rangers being readmitted to the SPL - something that I don't believe can be said about the current proposals.

I think that about covers it.

I think this should be the stance people take. It's atleast somewhat realistic as oppsosed to plunging everyone into crisis due to no fault of their own.

Doubt it, but as had been said, you could easily stop Standing Orders or Direct Debits I'd guess.

I've been picking and choosing my games all this season and will continue to do so for future seasons, regardless of what happens.

And unless it's in the Scottish or League Cups, I really seriously doubt I'll ever again be at Fir Park to see us play against the Old Firm, certainly not for SPL games. Have absolutely no qualms admitting that I really can't be annoyed putting myself through the crap that comes along with it.

Been thinking about this for a while now and what I would do. I have changed my origional stance of if the cheats were allowed to flout the rules and be given carte Blanche to re enter making a mockery of relegation. I was of the opinion that I would forfeit my st and cancel my standing order. I now feel this is vastly unfair on Motherwell , while I am pissed at Rangers and the favourable treatment they are receiving under a huge pr spin from the Glasgow Media I cannot hurt the club I ove as they are somewhat between a rock and a hard place (a sense of right over realism)

I WILL cancel my st as I cannot in my heart of hearts support my team in a fixed league but I cannot cancel my standing order this is money I promised the club in good faith and withdrawing only hurts my club not the cheats or the fixers.

All those wanting to cancel standing orders if the worst (best for rangers) happens. Who exactly are you protesting against. Fair enough boycott games where the consiquences of failure or cheating don't apply. But who are you hurting cancelling money you promised.

You would be as well taking your money back.

There is no way the 'Well Society will succeed should a Rangers newco be let off lightly. I guess the majority will continue to follow their team but investing in a club in a sham of a league is a step too far.

Personally, I'll be finished with league games if we support the proposals without consulting the fans.

Been thinking about this for a while now and what I would do. I have changed my origional stance of if the cheats were allowed to flout the rules and be given carte Blanche to re enter making a mockery of relegation. I was of the opinion that I would forfeit my st and cancel my standing order. I now feel this is vastly unfair on Motherwell , while I am pissed at Rangers and the favourable treatment they are receiving under a huge pr spin from the Glasgow Media I cannot hurt the club I ove as they are somewhat between a rock and a hard place (a sense of right over realism)

I WILL cancel my st as I cannot in my heart of hearts support my team in a fixed league but I cannot cancel my standing order this is money I promised the club in good faith and withdrawing only hurts my club not the cheats or the fixers.

All those wanting to cancel standing orders if the worst (best for rangers) happens. Who exactly are you protesting against. Fair enough boycott games where the consiquences of failure or cheating don't apply. But who are you hurting cancelling money you promised.

Good post gilmour and a lot of good points ,but for me it cut both ways and I would find it hard to support a league that is crooked.

See I already feel the SPL is corrupt, SFA as well, yet I still go to all home games and some aways, cos I enjoy meeting up with folk I've got to know fairly well over the years. If I had any principles at all I'd have stopped going years ago probably but it's what I do. Have to wait and see what comes out of this before I decide what to do but at the moment it's hypothetical really although I fully expect Rangers SPL place to be protected at all costs by the usual self preservation attitudes. Sticks in the throat yes, but then every single Old Firm game at Fir Park leaves me with the same feeling of being cheated but I still go back for more. Daft of course but I'll bet there are a few more like me.

1334419382[/url]' post='337409']

Good post gilmour and a lot of good points ,but for me it cut both ways and I would find it hard to support a league that is crooked.

But you are investing in your club and not he spl. Boycotting games makes more sense to me but I realise this is very personal to some people. I just don't want to hurt my club no matter how angry or unjust it feels.