Old Firm Fans In The Main Stand...

David

Season Ticket Holders who sit in the Phil O’Donnell Stand should note the following information.

Due to the large demand, the club have once again sold tickets for the wings of the stand to away fans – as has been the case for the past two seasons.

However, should any Season Ticket holder wish to exchange their ticket(s) for either a Davie Cooper Stand or East Stand ticket(s), the club would be more than happy to facilitate that subject to availability.

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said, “In the past fans have said to me that they understand the importance of the revenue that these big games bring.

“As a club we understand however, that some supporters may want to move to another part of the ground when it comes to sharing the O’Donnell Stand and we are happy to make this happen if the space is available.

“There is absolutely no requirement to do so, but if you would like to swap then feel free to contact the Ticket Office at Fir Park between now and kick-off at 12pm on Saturday.”

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I know the club get's some extra income from this, but the idea of season ticket holders being subjected to this lot and their shite is sickening.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I know the club get's some extra income from this, but the idea of season ticket holders being subjected to this lot and their shite is sickening.

How do they segregate the fans when they do this? I don't imagine there'll be any trouble as there rarely is between Motherwell and Rangers fans but it's a potentially dangerous situation with both sets of fans in the same stand using the same facilities etc.

Still it could be worse, they could still be getting the entire Cooper Stand.

I was FAR from impressed by the Celtic fans who had bought tickets for the CENTRE of the POD Stand as well earlier in the season. There was most certainly a few near misses that day and I still remember a few around me stating they would be reconsidering their season ticket for next season. Time will tell whether that stance has cooled or whether tomorrow reignites it.

I can't say that as a Season Ticket holder the option of swapping my seat to one of a lesser financial value is one that intetests me so options are limited. The only other, possibly less realistic option for ST holders in the POD Stand, is to not attend OF fixtures at Fir Park but that would devalue the Season Ticket to an extent I doubt it would be renewed.

How do they segregate the fans when they do this? I don't imagine there'll be any trouble as there rarely is between Motherwell and Rangers fans but it's a potentially dangerous situation with both sets of fans in the same stand using the same facilities etc.

Still it could be worse, they could still be getting the entire Cooper Stand.

A very unpopular suggestion but one that is in my opinion the safer option.

A very unpopular suggestion but one that is in my opinion the safer option.

Don't agree with that because that presents another problem of the two sets of supports clashing in the street before and after the game as they enter and leave both the Cooper and the East Stand, something that regularly happened especially when it was Celtic we were playing so that would just shift the issue from the Main Stand to Knowetop Avenue in my view.

We'll see how it goes,

but it has been a huge failing of the current management to continually ignore issues arising from these games

all the talk of family club and looking out for our fans has failed to provide satisfactory segregation or protection from the bile that comes with the old firm

sure take the ££££ but look after our fans.

And they don't clash sitting in the same sections, using the same food kiosks, toilet facilities, and entrance/exit to the POD Stand, whereby they converge together on the street outside at the same time after the match?

Yes I'm sure they do, but as I said the Cooper Stand 'experiment' just shifted that problem from the Main Stand to the street and there was arguably a lot more Rangers/Celtic supporters exiting into the same street at the same time as the East Stand exited. Of course it would have made sense for the police to hold their fans back until the Motherwell support had dispersed but for some reason that never happened.

You are going to have 'rival' fans meeting on the street after the game the length and breadth of the country. Difficult to manage but thebest solution is to hold away fans back. Like they could do in the Cooper and South with no other issues.

Now they could do this when they are in the Main Stand but that doesn't solve the other issues.

It should happen at every game their fans travel to due to the size of their support.....however as I said even that doesn't solve the problem within the POD Stand.

Just need to see what is put in place tomorrow, whether their fans buy up the Centre section, the efficiency (or lack of) of Stewards at kiosks/toilets and dare I suggest, how the game pans out itself.

I sat in the Main Stand at the last Motherwell v Rangers match at it was all relatively calm and civilised to be honest. My opinion of the Rangers support as a whole is pretty poor and I have seen some really scummy things over the years from Rangers fans so I don't have any sympathy or leaning towards them.

The game did go in their favour right enough so I am not sure if the atmosphere would have changed had they lost.

On a week when the 10 rebel clubs are making a case for standing up to the big two however it seems ironic to me that there will most probably be more red, white and blue than claret and amber in FP tomorrow. Not a good advertisment for the rebel 10's s argument.

Yes I'm sure they do, but as I said the Cooper Stand 'experiment' just shifted that problem from the Main Stand to the street and there was arguably a lot more Rangers/Celtic supporters exiting into the same street at the same time as the East Stand exited.

Read on Lobey.

In recent years the OF did not get the POD Stand. At least when the OF were given Cooper Stand tickets our fans by and large weren't forced to sit right next to them.

As a POD Stand ST holder who will be sitting some 5/6 seats away from our guests tomorrowI I applaud the club in this instance and have to say that its probably in response to our complaints. I know of one or two fellow POD Stand ST holders who asked the club some months ago to put this arrangement in place and I can't blame them.

At the last Rangers home game our guests stood for 90 minutes solid meaning we couldn't see the NW corner of the pitch at all. We complained to stewards who asked them to sit down without success. I then contacted the club to complain. The club rang me within a day to explain the situation. It'll come as no surprise to most of you that the Head Steward contacted the Police for advice during the game. They instructed the stewards to take no action for fear of inciting the crowd.

There you have it.

When i saw this on the website I just assumed that this was to make Motherwell fans feel safer, NOT to give Rangers even more POD tickets.

Did I get it wrong? http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tumbleweed.gif[/img

If so, then I don't like this at all.

Rangers will pack out both ends of the POD Stand as usual. This is to accomodate those that don't want to sit near them. POD ST holders are being left with a sit with them or take up a lesser priced seat option but if the Club are selling them tickets to the home end options are limited.

Read on Lobey.

In recent years the OF did not get the POD Stand. At least when the OF were given Cooper Stand tickets our fans by and large weren't forced to sit right next to them.

As a POD Stand ST holder who will be sitting some 5/6 seats away from our guests tomorrowI I applaud the club in this instance and have to say that its probably in response to our complaints. I know of one or two fellow POD Stand ST holders who asked the club some months ago to put this arrangement in place and I can't blame them.

At the last Rangers home game our guests stood for 90 minutes solid meaning we couldn't see the NW corner of the pitch at all. We complained to stewards who asked them to sit down without success. I then contacted the club to complain. The club rang me within a day to explain the situation. It'll come as no surprise to most of you that the Head Steward contacted the Police for advice during the game. They instructed the stewards to take no action for fear of inciting the crowd.

There you have it.

Season ticket holders in the Pod have issues sitting next to OF fans in the POD ? Result - If they want ? move to cooper or east ? Nothings changed ,but they can move if the want ?Edit ^^^^ just seen post above

The problem is and always has been we can't fill the three stands......

POD holds 3,385 East= 3,128 Cooper =2,373 = Total potential capacity 8886

With our average home crowd 3500-4500.....that leaves nearly the same amount of seats empty

The 2 old firm crowds this season with them in the POD stand bucket seats were 10,092 10,440 and our capacity 13742......3000 odd empty seats.

What do we do ??????.......IMHO give them the East and South

Move East stand season ticket holders to POD or Cooper

I know this subject has been discussed at various times over the years and there never has been the easy answer, season ticket holders being moved from their normal seats etc etc etc but as we all know bums on seats gives the club money.

I would rather have the money from the bigot brothers than half empty stands.

Hard hat on and awaits the expected flack :thumbup:

The problem is and always has been we can't fill the three stands......

POD holds 3,385 East= 3,128 Cooper =2,373 = Total potential capacity 8886

With our average home crowd 3500-4500.....that leaves nearly the same amount of seats empty

The 2 old firm crowds this season with them in the POD stand bucket seats were 10,092 10,440 and our capacity 13742......3000 odd empty seats.

What do we do ??????.......IMHO give them the East and South

Move East stand season ticket holders to POD or Cooper

I know this subject has been discussed at various times over the years and there never has been the easy answer, season ticket holders being moved from their normal seats etc etc etc but as we all know bums on seats gives the club money.

I would rather have the money from the bigot brothers than half empty stands.

Hard hat on and awaits the expected flack :thumbup:

One of the issues discussed earlier was by putting them in the Cooper you have the problem of them leaving same time as the Well fans in the East. Your solution leaves you with exactly the same problem only they are the ones in the East & Well fans are in the Cooper.

My concern with giving them both sides of the POD & Killie giving Celtic 3 stands at their game shows a very clear indicator that when it comes down to it the rebel 10 will take the cash drop their pants & let the OF rodger them yet again.

The main stand should be sacrosanct and exclusive for 'Well fans. I know it could result in losing money if we don't sell a portion to the OF but it sticks in my craw to share the same stand with opposition supporters and we should consider the feelings of our supporters first and foremost.

Age old problem to which there is no real answer, one stand of Well fans are going to be upset at whatever decision is taken. I had a Main Stand season ticket as a kid and can remember Old Firm games being a nightmare with them sitting around and behind us. And they're not your typical Main Stand punter from any other club, i.e. fairly reserved compared to other fans elsewhere. The traditional method is use the Main Stand wings, the Cooper decision brought about vehement protest, so would the East so I'm afraid to say it looks like the status quo is most likely to remain. Not ideal I know and maybe better policing, dare I say braver policing, might help make it bearable.