2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I completely agree but sadly it's money that speaks loudest in football and players or manager will go where the cash is.

If Brown wants Randolph badly enough then there's a fair chance he'll get him because let's face it, as good as Randolph has been for us he's not going to get a Premiership club and Aberdeen can pay big wages in SPL terms anyway so if they offer him what he's after then he'll go there.

Hopefully when, not if Randolph moves on he goes back down south and gets a decent Championship club.

I personally don't think Randolph getting a Premiership club is so far fetched... he is better than some of the dross currently plying their trade there. That aside, there is less than no chance that he will end up at Aberdeen.

I personally don't think Randolph getting a Premiership club is so far fetched... he is better than some of the dross currently plying their trade there. That aside, there is less than no chance that he will end up at Aberdeen.

Exactly, and in a lower EPL team like Southampton for instance, he'd be up against the likes of Kelvin Davis and the Holy Goalie for the number one jersey. So it doesn't seem to be too far fetched at all.

It's not his ability that would stop him getting a Premiership club just now, as has been said he's a better keeper than some of the current No.1s down there, it's more that Premierships view of the Scottish game and the SPL would count against him. He's been playing at a 'less fashionable' SPL club for the past three years and the EPL clubs seem to pay little to no attention to the game up here outwith the Glasgow two and at a push Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and the Edinburgh clubs. Unfair yes, but just the way it seems to work.

It's not his ability that would stop him getting a Premiership club just now, as has been said he's a better keeper than some of the current No.1s down there, it's more that Premierships view of the Scottish game and the SPL would count against him. He's been playing at a 'less fashionable' SPL club for the past three years and the EPL clubs seem to pay little to no attention to the game up here outwith the Glasgow two and at a push Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and the Edinburgh clubs. Unfair yes, but just the way it seems to work.

I don't agree with that. There are plenty of scouts from top English clubs up here all the time as they can essentially get our players for buttons.

Look at McCarthy. Wigan paid about 1 million for him. Now it seems Arsenal are lining up a bid of 8 million to get him. That gets scouts and agents very interested in our game as the profit margins are huge.

Also there are a huge amount of SPL player out of contract this season and I would not be surprised to see a few of them at top end Championship / lower EPL clubs - that includes Randolph.

Look at guys like Naismith, Snodgrass, McCarthur, Caldwell - all have moved down south and performed very well and getting regular games in the EPL.

Who are aberdeen paying big money to? There won't be many players at pittodrie getting paid more than darren makes at the moment.

I would think they'll be paying higher wages than we can afford to Niall Mcginn, Russell Anderson, Gary Naismith and Gavin Rae as well. I'm sure if they want to, they can pay Randolph more than we can. However, there are stacks of clubs down south who can pay much more than Aberdeen although I assumed Hayes would go south but ended up at Aberdeen.

Sky Sports Transfer Centre - Your Rumours Section

Crystal Palace have had a bid of £1.05m accepted by Motherwell for striker Michael Higdon.

Nearly dropped my iPad reading it. Think someone made a mistake with the 'm'!

• Like 2

Crystal Palace have had a bid of £1.05m accepted by Motherwell for striker Michael Higdon.

Glad the board rejected that original offer of £1m. Holding out for the extra £0.05m makes all the difference!

• Like 1

:cry: Take it.......................Buy a whole Team for that... Still think its a typo though! One million.......dry.gif

Prob came from the same source this did

08 Jan 2013 17:43:47

Bristol Rovers have offered Francis Jeffers a pay as you play contract until the end of the season. Jeffers is considering the offer but has also had offers from the MLS as well as Yeovil and Leyton Orient.

I would think they'll be paying higher wages than we can afford to Niall Mcginn, Russell Anderson, Gary Naismith and Gavin Rae as well. I'm sure if they want to, they can pay Randolph more than we can. However, there are stacks of clubs down south who can pay much more than Aberdeen although I assumed Hayes would go south but ended up at Aberdeen.

i think that their top earners will making around the same as ours but they will have 9 or 10 players on that money whilst we have 4 or 5. niall mcginn came from brentford and i don't think they pay huge amounts and if they are paying any of the rest of them more than 3 or 4 grand a week they are being well and truly bumped.

you probably do need to pay players a premium to live in a city with all the miserable bastards up there though.