Europa League 2012/13 Discussion Thread

David

Considering staying overnight in Valencia and then back to Madrid in the morning/afternoon.

Just not the London Cabbie way.....sleeping is for poofs :evilgrin:

I think I might wait until after home game before making a final decision whether to travel. Would hate to get a doing at home and have committed to the trip with little chance of progression.

Athens was different. Champions League + Acropolis + Mythos + 95 million degrees....

They had a great season and got Europa we had a great season and got CL so where is the worry of all the people who say that they will thrash us because of 1 good season ? Going by last seasons form we should hammer them ?

Looking at size and past form we are both very similar, nothing to fear here and no where near the quality of Panatha. Will be tight but the best chance we have ever had of the group stages. Let's not forget their first time yes and they WILL be pumped up but unbelievably we have experience over them lack of it killed us in the last game so here's hoping it will be the same for them.

Would like to think the same way....but playing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Villareal et al might just mean they are slightly better than us and that not playing in Europe will in fact not be much of an issue.....

Do people from here actually watch any fitba outside of Scotland and Europes big teams? Levante are rotten and had a complete freak of a season last year. They are nowhere near the side that Pana are and there is no reason at all we cant give them a right good game.

Actually, I don't watch very much football outside of 'Well games. English and European games are packed full of overpaid twats cheating each other and the paying public with their OTT antics,it leaves me totally bored. Give me a good honest full bloodied scrap on a muddy Fir Park pitch any day.

I have no idea how good or bad Levante, whether we have a good chance to progress or none at all. I just know I'll be at FP for the home game. (And that, after going to Athens :cheers: , I have no chance of talking the wife into another away trip.)

• Like 2

they have the lowest budget in the Spanish league.... still i'm sure far exceeds our budget(if we even have one :P)

I thought we had a better chance against pana, think the fact this team can compete in spain and beat teams like Athletic 3-0 we have a very tough task ahead of us

Probably one of the hardest teams to get drawn against since they don't have the big name but they have the players

They had a great season and got Europa we had a great season and got CL so where is the worry of all the people who say that they will thrash us because of 1 good season ? Going by last seasons form we should hammer them ?

Looking at size and past form we are both very similar, nothing to fear here and no where near the quality of Panatha. Will be tight but the best chance we have ever had of the group stages. Let's not forget their first time yes and they WILL be pumped up but unbelievably we have experience over them lack of it killed us in the last game so here's hoping it will be the same for them.

I bet they are better than Odense. Odense was the golden ticket.

I'm trying not to be negative but look at the facts:

They have only never qualified for Europe because they play in arguably the best league in the world, in which they finished 6th last year. Many Spanish Second Division teams would beat us I'm sure.

They beat Barca at the Nou Camp

They pumped Europa League finalists Bilbao 3-0 on the last day of the season.

I ma hopign as much as the next person but this really isn't a great draw at all, and I cannot see where comments like yours come from.

they are basically the Aalesund of spain

now take into account the difference between the Spanish League(highest Coefficient at rank 1)and the Norwegian(rank 27, just ahead of Scotland)

we had a better chance against probably every other team we could have drawn :ph34r:

but we still have a chance :thumbup: end of the day it's 11 men v 11 men and anything can happen in football

especially when you follow the well! :download:

Levante have the possibility to become the new Villarreal. Rather obscure Valencian club that could possibly overachieve for a few season before going back to where they belong (like Villarreal have).

I doubt it though. Although they are a good solid side they are one of the "easier" sides we could have got

I agree with a lot of what has been posted but they are new to this never having played on a cold wet night at fp with a tight hostile crowd. Keep the free kicks to a minimum and we are more than capable. Odense play similar to us tight pich fans close, levante will never have played against this so lets use it to our advantage no more doom and gloom it's their for the taking. Mon da well.

they have a really good striker called Arouna Kone who got 15 last season and was linked to teams like Spurs, apart from him, dont know much about individuals in there squad apart from they had the oldest squad and lowest budget in La Liga last season i think! similiar to us in a way: small budget, small squad but punching well above there weight.

watched them beat Real Madrid 1-0 last season on the TV and tbh they were diving about everywhere, grew the grass longer to stop them playing etc and just got right up them, Mourinho even congratulated them on there tactics and said it was something he would of been proud of! could be an interesting game

also: They have an unbeleivable home record, and a pretty poor away one

I agree with a lot of what has been posted but they are new to this never having played on a cold wet night at fp with a tight hostile crowd. Keep the free kicks to a minimum and we are more than capable. Odense play similar to us tight pich fans close, levante will never have played against this so lets use it to our advantage no more doom and gloom it's their for the taking. Mon da well.

i doubt they have all played for levante their whole careers! sure they will have quite an experienced team that will be prepared well for what's ahead

6th placed finish in that league is undoubtedly impressive , but their record of W- 16 , L-15 , D7 , makes it sound a bit more do-able !

Hope we can get close to the crowd and atmosphere we had against Pana to give us an edge and hopefully a wee lead to take over there .

We have a chance against this mob. They are not vastly impressive, and while I see a win v Barca away, trust me, from the outside looking in, it's the same as a win at Parkhead. Dubious, but do-able, you would hope.

They'll likely edge it, but realistically, they are no better than either Celtic or Rangers last year, and arguably weaker, and we were clearly the best of the rest. There is a very solid chance, over two legs, that we can do this.

We have a chance against this mob. They are not vastly impressive, and while I see a win v Barca away, trust me, from the outside looking in, it's the same as a win at Parkhead. Dubious, but do-able, you would hope.

They'll likely edge it, but realistically, they are no better than either Celtic or Rangers last year, and arguably weaker, and we were clearly the best of the rest. There is a very solid chance, over two legs, that we can do this.

:lol:

This team finished one point behind Atletico Madrid last season, who are the defending champions and winners twice out the last three years of the Europa league.

Admittedly I think most folk who keep an eye on Spanish fitba will realise they over achieved last season, but the same could be said of ourselves.

I'd say a very solid chance over two legs is an admirable outlook but a tad excessive.