Europa League 2012/13 Discussion Thread

David

It doesn't matter who we get......some will always feel we have a chance, others will fear a pumping. Even our 'best chance ever' resulted in two defeats and a 3-1 aggregate defeat. Close but ultimately two (close) defeats.

They had a better than usual season last year. So did we. Too early to say how we will fare this season but I do doubt we are in for another top three finish.

On this occasion we are playing a team that last season beat Barca and the Europa League winners and finished 6th in a, outside the top two, very competitive league. A massive ask.....and a tie that could end up being simiar to the last one.

We need to be still in it after the first leg. A 1-0 or more defeat once again and it is over. Having to go to Spain to overturn a home defeat would be mission impossible for me. We NEED to score at least one at home as well.

The players can only give it their best shot.....but a bit of perspective if it does result in a defeat will be requires. From some anyway.

For me Hearts are on to a hiding. Tottenham roasted them last year and I fully expect Liverpool to do the same this year. Again, with the money involved it is far too big an ask.

I watched this team beat Barca last year and don't think we will do anything here. Murphy has just been on MARCA TV over here wee clip from a game last year. Here is a bit from the biggest sports website over here.

Levante, for its part, will make its Europa League debut against an on-paper weak Motherwell side from the Scottish Premier League, who was knocked out by Panathinaikos in the Champions League play-offs. With its first leg in Scotland, the Ciutat de Valencia will determine Levante’s future in the European competition.

Come over enjoy the sun and beer. I want us to win this I just don't see it, we have a chance at home with the wind behind us but not in Spain.

On a possitive note it's roastin and the beers cold.