Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

I'm still waiting on my ballot papers. Hope a better system is put in place for overseas members before the next key vote.

As far as I know all overseas members should have got an e-mail with the information. You were then allowed to submit your vote via e-mail as long as you used the e-mail address that the club holds for you.

At least that's what happened with me.

As far as I know all overseas members should have got an e-mail with the information. You were then allowed to submit your vote via e-mail as long as you used the e-mail address that the club holds for you.

No email either, which doesn't surprise me as they didn't send me my MFC TV code without my prompting.

They will be independantly verified to confirm there has been no tampering or medling with each individual ballot papermand that the count is correct.

Paranoia and over reaction still alive and kicking apparently.

It has nothing to do with paranoia and over reaction. That's why I implied that it doesn't actually matter because Flow's post suggests that it's an overwhelming 'No' anyway.

However, that is quite simply not how ballots are independently verified. To be independently verified someone had to be there from the opening of the votes to the counting to the recounting. Simply handing someone a pile of voting papers that have already been taken out of envelopes and left in a drawer over the weekend isn't actually independent verification.

I think it's ample verification in this instance. Agreed it wouldn't cut it for political elections etc but I trust the board to report the true result of all the votes.

Oh aye, agreed - but only because it's a foregone conclusion, this idea of independent verification being some guy just having a swatch at already-opened ballots would have ended up causing problems if the result had actually been close. I'm just interested in what the actual result was- assuming they provide percentages/totals - given we already know it's a 'no' anyway.

Not even sure why they had verification in the first place.

Agreed. I know that they obviously want to keep things all above board and thorough, but we know it's a 'no', they know it's a 'no'. But I'm happy to wait until Monday for the official confirmation.

EDIT: to make more sense!

Regardless of where they end up I do need to join the Well society and do my bit at contributing to the funds. As long as Motherwell FC are doing what they can to do the right thing by the fans then I am willing to support them as we suffer the consequnces of doing the right thing.

I really hope that a lot of fans who have drifted away over the years make an effort to come back and help the club through what will be some tough financial times.

I would not be averse to them offering some kind of reduced entry fee for pensioners or unemployed etc. Obviously i do not get to the games but i was always a pay at the gate customer and it would not worry me that some people were getting in for less due to their circumstances. there needs to be som creative thinking in order to increase the money taken in from home games.

heres hoping we can make it to the group stages in one of the european tournaments.

Certainly not what I got… I just got a letter with a first class stamp on it, which actually arrived quicker than half the stuff that's sent from the UK with the right Air Mail postage on it.

Here's what I received:-

Good afternoon / evening folks (depending on where you are reading this from),

Please see attached the Guidance Document supplied to all ‘Well Society members. As you live out with the UK, then it is obviously impractical to ask you to fill in a form and return it. However, your vote is as important as every other so in order to register your views, please read the attached then any point before Friday 29th June, email wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk from the address received with the following:

Name:

First Line of Address:

Voting Intention:

All of this is explained at the end of the document. Thanks, as always, for your continued support from afar.

Best Regards,

Alan Burrows

Press & Media Manager

Motherwell Football Club