Athens

Burn_Broomfield

Market forces

Let him put his cards on the table

That square someone mentioned the other day had hard drugs and Eastern european prostitutes.

Your move Wee Dram

:lol:

Omonoia Square sounds like it's the place to be after dark to be fair.

With regards to the Wee Dram though, I'll just wait and see what pubs are decent over there. I'd assume Syntagma Square and it's surrounding boozers will be the main meeting place for 'Well fans on match day (Omonoia Square for post-match!).

If I want to go to a Scottish pub, I'll go to the Park Bar in Glasgow on Saturday night rather than waiting til I've flown to Athens on the Sunday. It's the one thing I can never quite understand when folk go abroad - fork out hundreds of quid to get to another country, and hit up the Scottish, Irish and English pubs when you get there... blink.gif

• Like 1

Hello to all Well fans traveling to Athens

Like I said in my previous posts I would like to help with questions.

May I suggest a quick itinerary:

Upon arriving to ATH airport, take the METRO (or bus) to Syntagma square.

There are express buses that run 24 hrs, the Metro runs 6am to 12pm I believe. Find out from the website.

Take any street (Ermou/ Mitropoleos) toward Plaka or Monastiraki.

Walk around the oldest Athenian neighborhoods underneath the Acropolis and get something to eat or souvenirs.

If you want to get to the match directly, look for Irini station on the line that goes to Kifissia.

That is the OAKA stop.

Or you may go to the pub by Panormou station then take the bus to OAKA as I mentioned before.

A great place to eat before or after the match is Platia Halandriou. (Halandri Square)

It is a half hr walk from the stadium or around 7 euro by taxi

There are many good eateries. Greek tavernas, cafes, ice cream parlors and the original Craft beer bar.

For God's sake do not go to Omonia, there is nothing there.

It is a ghetto for African, Asian, Eastern European illegal immigrants.

There are many "gentlemen's" :pleasantry: clubs on Syngrou Ave and all over Athens, if you care for that.

Google search...

Glyfada, by the beach. (south), Kifissia (north), are good places to walk around at night.

If you feel like seeing the anti establishment side of Athens, while listening to Rock music.

Exarheia square is the place as mentioned in my previous post.

Try Greek wine, or rakomelo (Cretan Rake with honey) :D

It's the one thing I can never quite understand when folk go abroad - fork out hundreds of quid to get to another country, and hit up the Scottish, Irish and English pubs when you get there... blink.gif

Good point.

Feel free to ask me and enjoy your stay

:drinks:

PEACE

• Like 2

Cheers young man :thumbup:

I happen to agree re some of the comments on the Whisky Bar. Got plenty whisky in my cupboards. Would much rather mix with some locals and experience their culture and beer. :drinks:

culture is overated...what have the Greeks ever done for us :whistling:

Omonoia Square sounds like it's the place to be after dark to be fair.

With regards to the Wee Dram though, I'll just wait and see what pubs are decent over there. I'd assume Syntagma Square and it's surrounding boozers will be the main meeting place for 'Well fans on match day (Omonoia Square for post-match!).

If I want to go to a Scottish pub, I'll go to the Park Bar in Glasgow on Saturday night rather than waiting til I've flown to Athens on the Sunday. It's the one thing I can never quite understand when folk go abroad - fork out hundreds of quid to get to another country, and hit up the Scottish, Irish and English pubs when you get there... blink.gif

It is a suggestion for a meeting place for Well fans in Athens for christs sake, not a suggestion for you to change your life time habits.

Chill out, if you don't like the suggestion, don't go to it.

To the other Well fans, check out the Wee Dram web site.

IT IS A WEE PUB THAT WE COULD MEET AT, IF YOU WANT TO!!! :cheers:

It is a suggestion for a meeting place for Well fans in Athens for christs sake, not a suggestion for you to change your life time habits.

Chill out, if you don't like the suggestion, don't go to it.

Perfectly chilled out pal.

Our hotel has a poolside bar on the roof :drinks:

Likewise mate! Where you staying?

From The Wee Dram Website

This week at The Wee Dram

We welcome all Motherwell fans to The Wee Dram for the game here in Athens. Fans will be arriving at The Wee Dram from Sunday onwards and we will especially open at 3pm through to the match on Wednesday. We have the cheapest pint in town!!

Linky

Leave on Monday 6th August on the 6.30pm flight from Glasgow to London Heathrow then switch onto 9pm flight to athens get there at 2am.

Staying at Evripedes Hotel

Leave on the Thursday 9th August, fly way back at 1.40pm from Athens to London Heathrow and then switch on 9pm flight from London Heathrow to Glasgow getting back home to Glasgow at 10.20pm

Any other Motherwell fans staying at the Evripedes Hotel?