Athens

Burn_Broomfield

1344165397[/url]' post='354116']

I reckon a third of that flight at least will be Well fans possibly more. Effectively the last flight into Athens and allows most to work the majority of the Tuesday. 8 from the East of Scotland branch including myself. I am sure you will find someone to share a taxi....

Edit to add: We are on the BA flight dept after 9pm arr into Athens at 02:30. Not sure going by times quoted you are on the same flight???

My flight is actually the later one, I would be cutting it fine for the 9pm flight as I'm olympic park until 5.30pm. Oh well, fingers crossed there'll be someone to share with

Hearing everyone getting underway is making me regret not booking the flight out earlier than Tuesday. Hope you lads get the place well and truly ready for the rest of us! Enjoy, see you there on Tuesday!

See you at Prestwick Tues morning...i am on the same flight...bring it on

:lol:

You definitely in our digs then mate? Was speaking to Jonny last week - he's with you, aye?

The bar on the roof opens at 9am. Glorious news!

Just saw this, aye, we're all booked up for there, be there on the Wednesday.

Can only imagine what sort of state this is going to end up!

My son and I are staying at the President hotel and looking forward to meeting some fellow dossers at the Rooftop bar for a few beers. All the best to everyone who is able to make the trip, and lets have a great time, something like the atmosphere in Nancy would be brilliant.

Guys been here since Sunday night. it is very hot >40 degrees. Seen a few Well fans around but most will be arriving today. Best places for drinks and food are Plaka and Monastiraki> not sure Syntagna square is place to meet up as very busy and surrounded by main roads. Monastiraki is only a short walk away. Drinks range between 3.50 and 4.50 for 400 cl.See you all soon

Arrived last night also, been for a walk around today, heat is a killer! Not seen any 'Well fans as yet, thought I heard some Scottish voices at 1 point but may just be going loco due to the heat!

Heading to pool for an hour so then will be getting shifted to head back down later. Only seemed to be 2 or 3 bars around Syntagma that I could see, didn't look at prices. Might try Monastiraki based on above advice.

Plenty fit babes kicking around though, always good rolleyes.gif

Brother & I arrived 4 am Sunday morning, had a feww hours nap then went to the WEE DRAM 23 Konopisopoulou & Logothetidi 1154 Ampeloki Athens. 1minute walk from Panormou Metro Station. ( Belou Exit.

We met the owner Ross and had a few pints+an all day breakfast, the place is lovely and has all the beers on tap + can easily hold 200+,hope to have a few drinks with the lads Tuesday afternoon or evening let us know if any ones interested.

2.50 euros for scottish pints

Cheers. Fred & Brian

Edited by wellintoronto

Might take back what I said about not going to the Wee Dram... :lol:

Currently back in the digs for a shower and a change then out again. Ended up in a club til 6am this morning, must have been right out it - it took me about an hour to realise the club was open air! :lol:

Just spoken to a few of the Greek guys at work, they recommend the area around Syntagma square, not necessarily the square itself. The main road that runs out of the square is the main street in Athens and is full of bars, restaurants, shops etc. Also the area between Syntagma and the Acropolis is old style Athens with plenty of bars and clubs.

Brother & I arrived 4 am Sunday morning, had a feww hours nap then went to the WEE DRAM 23 Konopisopoulou & Logothetidi 1154 Ampeloki Athens. 1minute walk from Panormou Metro Station. ( Belou Exit.

We met the owner Ross and had a few pints+an all day breakfast, the place is lovely and has all the beers on tap + can easily hold 200+,hope to have a few drinks with the lads Tuesday afternoon or evening let us know if any ones interested.

2.50 euros for scottish pints

Cheers. Fred & Brian

Hi Ross ;)

haha place sounds good though, I'm jealous

• Like 3