Ojamaa And Murphy

Mic2904

For me, on the showing last night I'd like to keep both of them. I think Murphy provides a left sided threat, Ojamaa provides a central threat, and Humphrey provides a threat on the right. A formidable force going forward if we'd only learn to play passes through the defence as well as across it. There were a number of occasions last night where a wee through ball would have opened up the defence, but it just didn't come. So, all in all, we've a good balanced attack, but should work more on seeing the runs that are made.

there was a guy at the top of the south stand that spend all the game untill ojamaa got taken off writing notes .. had a peek and he was writing separate notes about ojamaa and higdon, someone from another club scouting, or maybe an away scout taking notes for the 2nd leg ?

there was a guy at the top of the south stand that spend all the game untill ojamaa got taken off writing notes .. had a peek and he was writing separate notes about ojamaa and higdon, someone from another club scouting, or maybe an away scout taking notes for the 2nd leg ?

was steelboy taking notes for his next anti-higdon rant on here.

• Like 1

22 goals between them, Ojamaa joined in January and Murphy spent most the time in Midfield but aye we should really look to move them on and replace them with nothing that won't get us relegated or anything :rolleyes:

You're kind of missing the point.

I'm not saying he's shite by any means....but he's not improving, and if anything he's gone backwards.

What I am saying is that we should take what we get offered, or we face losing him for nothing.

That, for a club like ours, is madness if we let him see out his contract.

Yes he scores goals.....that's his job....but not that many that he'd be missed terribly.

I for one, hope that he gets a decent move to a Championship club on the up.....I'd like to see him progress, but given his poor progression record at Fir Park, I just can't see him doing it with us unfortunately.

His time was up at Fir Park about a year ago in my opinion.

its all very well selling players, but do you think we will replace him? it seems we are down to about 13 players of reasonable experience, which is madness on it's own. Selling him for £250k is pointless if he can help the club achieve a higher league position and higher prize money. Unless they alter the monies 2nd place carries £800-£900k more. Not that i am expecting 2nd mind you.

its all very well selling players, but do you think we will replace him? it seems we are down to about 13 players of reasonable experience, which is madness on it's own. Selling him for £250k is pointless if he can help the club achieve a higher league position and higher prize money. Unless they alter the monies 2nd place carries £800-£900k more. Not that i am expecting 2nd mind you.

We are a selling club.....our squad has been depleted season on season for the last few years......its not rocket science here.

We haven't sold a player over the last few seasons.....that in itself means less money in the pot, which in turn means there's less to spend on players wages......therefore our squad decreases year on year till we start selling players again.

I for one would have been more than happy to lose Murphy for 250k last year, if it meant we could have afforded to keep Jennings and brought in A.N.Other to strengthen the squad, while putting a few coffers in the bank.......that is the reality of how our club HAS to operate to survive.

The maths are simple......sell one and it let's you keep a few more.....don't sell any, and your squad has to shrink.....do you want to keep Murphy for his last season meaning he goes for free, or take a fee and have the cash to strengthen the squad a bit ???

Surprised at the views of a few on here, I thought Murphy was very very good last night and had the Panathinaikos players shiteing it on a few occasions. Could do with finding a shot as an end product though.

1343854431[/url]' post='353535']

Surprised at the views of a few on here, I thought Murphy was very very good last night and had the Panathinaikos players shiteing it on a few occasions. Could do with finding a shot as an end product though.

Same here. Thought he had their right back on toast in the 1st half, 2nd they doubled up on him and I thought McCall should have switched him and Ojama.

I thought Murphy was frustratingly predictable last night but he carried a threat. Will always be a centre forward for me. Ojamaa was relatively quiet but if anyone was going to create a goal, it was likely to be him.

With regards accepting any offer just now for Murphy, will we not be entitled to compensation if he walks away next summer? I'm not sure what the age cut-off is, he's 23 this month, but if we are entitled to compensation it's worthwhile noting that Aberdeen got £400k for Maguire.

Ojamaa reminds me very much of Skippy when he first at Fir Park. A bit of a rough diamond but you can see a good player there. He was also selfish and often ignored his teamates at times and often went for the glory himself. He was however a far better player when he left Fir Park than the one that joined.

He's a young lad Henrik but he's got so much potential. He has as mentioned above fantastic movement and you can see him become frustrated when he makes good runs and is not picked out. He can beat a man, he's quick, he's strong and can score goals from nothing. Above that he's also aggresive, good workrate and seems to have a real hunger to succeed. He can be selfish, he can make the wrong choice and try a be the hero too often but folk weren't complaining when it came off..

When he first game in he was lauded for taking games by the scruff of the neck. At a time when we were going backwards and were desperate for someone to take charge and change things he came in and did it. Most people agree that him turning the match at Tannadice in our favour and rescuing a point was a turning point in our season and from then an Ojamaa inspired period saw wins against Dunfermline(home & away), Hibs, Hearts & St.Johnstone. That went along way to securing third spot. He then hit a wall as most young players too and tailed off slightly but sill managed another three goals before the end of the season and a number of decent performances.

He's only just turned 21 and has only played 50 odd games in his profesional career. I would ask the fans to stick with him as for me he has the potential to be a cracking young player when irons out a few flaws in his game. He's young he'll only learn and improve with experience. Success can be a double edged sword. People begin to expect too much and to me he seems to be trying too hard as if he needs to live up to expectations and be the hero again. Whether he just wants to be or thinks he needs to be I'm not too sure. However he needs to learn to improve his decision making, where to go alone and when to pass but as I say that'll come with experience.

I think Ojamaa has the potential to be a cracking player and I look forward to him continuing his development at Fir Park.

Good post. I can only imagine there's some competetion between the two as they'll see each other as competing for the same place in the team. I agree with the bit on Ojamaa feeling he has to be the hero. Remember he has a younger brother who's been getting rave reviews supposedly, another reason he'll feel pressure to impress.