Hamilton Accies - Saturday

Steve Diggle

I think it'll be a tough one on Saturday - but I think we'll come out on top.

The performance at NDP was a shocker and I'm sure we'll try to make ammends for that.

I think we've got the measure of them in all areas of the park.

I think Klimpl in midfield breaking up their creative two and keeping Mensing in tow, as well as O'Brien wide, Craggs back in defence and Clarkson back on song will make the difference.

I think we'll do it by the odd goal. But hey - if we get it right we could sort them out good and proper.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start with Cillian up front with Clarky and O'Brien playing off him. The usual midfield three of Maros, Shug and Fitzy and the increasingly reliable defence behind them.

They are on a superb run, even better than ours. However they are due a defeat and I suspect that we'll be determined to make up for December 20th.

Another 2-0 win for the Well with Cillian grabbing his first Well goal.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but Accies to sneak it I'm afraid. You don't win 6 in a row for nothing. Hopefully we won't start with the same crazy starting line up as we did in the St Mirren game!! Same team that started recently at Easter Road for me. We need to see if Sutton can replace Porter and there's only one way to do that.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but Accies to sneak it I'm afraid. You don't win 6 in a row for nothing. Hopefully we won't start with the same crazy starting line up as we did in the St Mirren game!! Same team that started recently at Easter Road for me. We need to see if Sutton can replace Porter and there's only one way to do that.

There is a shocker...

For all the Well fans who come on here but can't make it to Fir Park - I can't stress enough - our pitch is truelly rank. So any team sheet must have a target man up front and someone on the wing or wings to put crosses in. Cillian and/or Sutton to start.

I'd also drop Fitzy. Given his lack of confidence and the state of the pitch, I'd save him for away matches at present.

For the game i'd probably drop shug in favour of Lasley for this game.

The pitch is atrocious and we're not gonna get much of a chance to play silky football.

Narrow 1-0 win with Klimpl the Kruncher sticking his heid in where it hurts to grab an 89th minute winner.

From last saturdays stating 11, I'd drop Lasley in favour of one of the big guys - either Sutton or Sheridan and keep Shug and Fitzy in the middle with Klimpl.

Shug can make a huge difference as long as he's played in midfield.

Fitzy got stick on Sat but was miles more effective and visible than Lasley.

Think I'd start with Lasley in for Hughes and have a solid combative midfield of Las, Klimpl and Fitzy to try and stop their creative midfield. I'd go with Cillian up top with O'Brien and Clarky either side for some creativity out wide, hopefully supplying the big man for a few goals!

Obviously hoping for a win but due to both teams being on a good run I could see them cancelling each other out and it finishing 1-1. Hope I'm wrong though and we fucking shaft them!!

Mon the well!!

Cheers, Dez

Don't know why but i always like to see what scott booth has to say on the bbc for his pre match predictions will he install a little faith in us?

The problem is somebody's good run has to end and seeing theres started against us it's surely got to end with us

Mon the well

Just checked doddsy gave us the vote of confidence is that a good or a bad thing?

I wish you'd be optimistic for once :P why always negative?

I don't think that's negative at all really.

It will be a close game and I fear Accies will sneak it. They've won 6 games on the bounce, which is very impressive. To be fair, we've been playing very well all in all this year, but have failed to win our last 2 home games against Falkirk and St Mirren despite dominating for large spells. We are also likely to go through a transitional period of readjustment with the loss of Porter and it would appear that McGhee doesn't fancy Sutton, so who knows how the team will line up. I thought most people were in agreement that the starting line up v St Mirren was crazy, and subsequently proved to be most ineffective!

So when you weigh up all the variables, I think it will be close, but I'll stick to my original prediction, which I think is a reasonably objective assessment of the game.

Even with all thats at stake (the old 6 pointer cliche) I'd like to see us line up in a very attacking formation. When we played Inverurie the message was to keep it simple and professional and thats what we need on Saturday , iiback to basics football play the simple pass and hoof it up the park route 1 if thats the best option.

I'd start wi Sutton and Clarky ,for now IMO Sheridan is more an impact player to come off the bench and provide a more direct threat.

Other than that I'd start with the usual suspects.

Lets hope for a pumpfest and show these muppets who the top team in lanarkshire really is.

can see this as a 4-4-2 with Semih coming on as a sub. Sutton and Clarky with Sheridan as a sub in the second half after sutton has knocked them about a bit.

I think Clarky gives us more of a link between the midfield and up front so look to see him dropping off and taking up space behind their midfield but in front of the defence as sutton pushes the defence back.

Can see this as 2-0 to the well Clarky and Hughes.

So glad to get to go to this game the last game i was at was the accies game at new douglas park and i took my frustration out on a bin on the way home.

IMO it was the worst performance i've seen from motherwell since McGhee took over it's time to make ammends.

Now is the TIME!!!

WE'RE THE PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE!!!

2-0 TO THE WELL!!

I'll no be putting it on ma coupon though!!! :notworthy:

Sutton and Clarky with Sheridan as a sub in the second half after sutton has knocked them about a bit.

Canny see Sutton starting to be honest. I don't think McGhee has complete faith in him yet. Probably see sheridan getting a star this time.

Jay's line up looks the most likely I reckon.

---------Hammell

--------------------------Fitzy

---------Reynolds----------------Clarkson

--------------------Klimpl

Smith

--------------------------Hughes

---------Craigan------------------Sheridan

-------------------------O'Brien

---------Quinn

Think that Fitzy and O'Brien will be replaced by Aydilek and Daz.