Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

BBC Scotland's Jonathan Sutherland: "Chorus of booing to announcement at Fir Park saying match between @MotherwellFC and @dundeeunitedfc has been abandoned."

Jonathan was also at last season's match at Fir Park that was abandoned when a floodlight went on fire at half-time. He is now barred from the ground...

BBC reporting the generator for backup power was failing and producing smoke.

According to the club themselves the backup generator doesn't produce enough power to maintain the game, only to power the emergency lights etc.

Smoke was the generator kicking in.

What a total joke! Utter embarassment! Fair enough tannoy wasn't working but while inside the ground I got a txt saying game was off from someone who heard it on the radio. Why didn't they use the loudspeaker that they use at end of game to tell everyone to stay off road outside the cooper?

Motherwell chief executive Leeann Dempster on BBC Radio Scotland: "We are frustrated. The problem is not in the stadium. There has been a major power failure in North Lanarkshire and we've been caught up in that.

"We have generators which give us emergency power, to enable us to evacuate the stadium, but it's not enough to run a full match I'm afraid.

"The information we've been getting was that they were doing some work to switches but it would be about 6pm. People will say we have form because of the Hibs game, but it's nothing to do with our prep. Supporters will get a ticket allowing them in to the next game."

I'm at the game.... Plus I wasn't having a dig at the club.

I don't see how you can be such a dick every day.

Why the 'shambles' comment then?

Just another opportunity to jump to conclusions and kick the shit out if the club when they are totally blameless.

Fully agree.

Just another opportunity to jump to conclusions and kick the shit out if the club when they are totally blameless.

Yep, I'd like to retract my statement and add that I believe Fir Park is a top quality stadium, completely up to standard and the jewel in the crown of this fine town.

It's still an utter shitehole.

• Like 3

BBC Scotland's Jonathan Sutherland at Firk Park"A hugely disappointing afternoon for both Motherwell and Dundee United. Trouble first became apparent when there was a brief power cut and smoke was seen coming from a corner of the ground. It turned out that the smoke was coming from a generator which had started as a result of a power cut that had hit the local area.

"However it was impossible for the club to rely on generator power for the entire duration of the game and when it became clear it would take the power company some time to remedy the situation there was no choice left for Motherwell but to abandon the match."