League Re-Construction

gilmour

Re construction is a very emotive subject just now what way will you go if approved.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If yes to re-construction under the proposed new set up what way will you go.

• I will renew my season ticket.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and never attend again.
    • I will not renew my season ticket but PATG for all games.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and PATG for all non Spl games
    • I'm PATG and won't attend again.
    • I'm PATG and won't attend any Spl game again.

"The vote was no unfortunately. One club in particular you need to ask exactly what their agenda is, (that club) is St Mirren.

"There was a major concession on the table today and, if it didn't deliver, then the opportunity was there to look at it down the line within two to three years.

"It's the status quo. The offer of changing the reconstruction rules was rejected by the two clubs (St Mirren and Ross County). Nobody can see the logic behind that.

"This is going to have major implications for Scottish football in the short-term and could potentially damage the game in the long term.

"I am very angry because today we have let down Scottish football and one person in particular.

"St Mirren Football club have really got to go and pose themselves the question why they are prepared to put the rest of Scottish football in jeopardy just because of their own selfish interests?"

what person? i don't he means doncaster because he knows what doncaster's job involves.

since lawell was desperate to get the changes through despite celtic seeming to have very little at stake it is presumably him.

doncaster works for the clubs. this is about the 12 clubs not him. what exactly has he done wrong here? 10 of the clubs wanted reconstruction, 2 didn't. how can he effect this in anyway. as i said in the shout box he has an impossible job. he has 12 bosses and can't do anything unless 11 of them agree which never happens.
His PR and communication skills are atrocious. He is never done talking down the current system of the scottish game. A Chief Executive should be talking the game up and put a positive spin on things no matter what. Ask Geral Ratner about that. The guy went out there seeking sponsorship for a new model and didn't once think of a plan B. His incompetence has no ceiling and he has no authority with the fans of the game. I heard about 10 Doncaster interviews about reconstruction and I learned more about these proposals in a 2 hour meeting at fir park the other night than I did from anything Doncaster had to say. What is the point in paying him 200k if the clubs do a better job themselves. Even our own board have serious concerns about Mr Doncaster.

His PR and communication skills are atrocious. He is never done talking down the current system of the scottish game. A Chief Executive should be talking the game up and put a positive spin on things no matter what. Ask Geral Ratner about that. The guy went out there seeking sponsorship for a new model and didn't once think of a plan B. His incompetence has no ceiling and he has no authority with the fans of the game. I heard about 10 Doncaster interviews about reconstruction and I learned more about these proposals in a 2 hour meeting at fir park the other night than I did from anything Doncaster had to say. What is the point in paying him 200k if the clubs do a better job themselves. Even our own board have serious concerns about Mr Doncaster.

derek weir said the same thing at the meeting i attended but he also said he does very well securing sponsorship.

today's events are in no way connected to doncaster and his job performance. it's down to clubs (including motherwell) being unwilling to compromise for the good of the game. the fact that doncaster seems to catch a lot of the flak and many fans think he is running the show when he's clearly not probably justifies his salary in many of the club's eyes.

if there is to be a mass fan reaction it should be against 11-1 rather than doncaster. it doesn't matter who is the chief executive any positive change will only come from proposals being passed by the spl clubs.

derek weir said the same thing at the meeting i attended but he also said he does very well securing sponsorship.

today's events are in no way connected to doncaster and his job performance. it's down to clubs (including motherwell) being unwilling to compromise for the good of the game. the fact that doncaster seems to catch a lot of the flak and many fans think he is running the show when he's clearly not probably justifies his salary in many of the club's eyes.

if there is to be a mass fan reaction it should be against 11-1 rather than doncaster. it doesn't matter who is the chief executive any positive change will only come from proposals being passed by the spl clubs.

I have to disagree. I think the man has been woeful at his job and needs to go now. I don't even think he has been good at securing sponsorship. If he was we would have one now.

Still don't understand the desperation of pushing through the league setup and the claim its the only way forward. The way I see it we have an SPL and a First Division that outwith Celtic have teams that are all relatively close to each other. Look at Falkirk v Hibs at the weekend as an example and also how well Ross County have done since coming up.

So why not just try and do something with that positive part of Scottish football. I.E. two go down and one goes up and then its a playoff for the second SPL spot - or another option is 10th and 11th in the SPL versus 2nd and 3rd in the First and play sme-final / final style to see who get that last place.

It makes it all far more exciting.

Also get rid of the split and just play and normal round of fixtures.

Apart from Dundee and Celtic the SPL this season has been exciting and very close for most of the season. We need to try and make it a lot more of an incentive fro clubs to survive in the SPL.

• Like 1

"since lawell was desperate to get the changes through despite celtic seeming to have very little at stake it is presumably him. "

Steelboy, how do you get lawell to blame from the quote you posted?

I was wondering that myself. Surely he was meaning St Mirren and their Chairman was to blame.

I was wondering that myself. Surely he was meaning St Mirren and their Chairman was to blame.

as i read it he is saying that they have let down scottish football but especially let down one particular individual.

it may just have been a poorly constructed sentence.

I just re read it and I see what you mean.

it's possible that he meant

"I am very angry because today we, and one person in particular, have let down Scottish football"

rather than what the bbc are reporting

"I am very angry because today we have let down Scottish football and one person in particular"

but as i said lawell was putting a lot of effort into this despite celtic being the club least effected by all the changes.

Full respect to the chairmen of Ross County and St Mirren for doing the right thing.notworthy.gif

The rest, and it pains me to say it, but that includes our own club should be black ball ashamed of themselves for even considering this ludicrous proposal.

Fans tell clubs they don't want this but want a bigger league. Clubs tell fans to f*ck off and do one.

Sporting integrity and consult the fans? Aye right.dry.gif

There is no reason why we cant push through the god points like play offs one league body and voting rights being fair and democratic! Its only this shower that run our clubs cant see the wood from the trees! Sad that our club didnt ask the fans and vote the way they wanted (No) Stewart milne comes across as an idiot the way he runs aberdeen i wouldnt tryst him! He cant be annoyed since this is his own doing he turned down the chance to change the voting structure and that very same structure has ment this is gone by the wind!

And why on earth does anyone want 4 old firm games? Dont they realise the simple supply and demand model the rarer something is the more you can charge for it! We need to use the money of the old firm generate to create a fairer league look at US sports! Bigger league and fair distrabution (each club getting the same) is the only way forward!

The distribution of wealth was only possible in this proposal because Sky have offered more money for the new model along with additional sponsorship from a gambling company (surely 888.com?) that just isn't there without the 8-8-8 format. I dont agree with the reconstruction ideas, just answering the question as to why we can't "cherry pick" the good parts of the proposal without the 8-8-8 split.

The distribution of wealth was only possible in this proposal because Sky have offered more money for the new model along with additional sponsorship from a gambling company (surely 888.com?) that just isn't there without the 8-8-8 format. I dont agree with the reconstruction ideas, just answering the question as to why we can't "cherry pick" the good parts of the proposal without the 8-8-8 split.

Nonsense. They can re-distribute with what they have in fact they are THIS season with what we have. It is not doable because Celtic don't want to do it without a little more money.

If this was such a monumental and necessary change, why didn't all boards of the SPL clubs do everything in their power to convince their own fans that this was the proposal that had to be accepted.

All fans were given far too little information.

It's all well and good having open meeting for fans knowing that only locals could turn up or be available.