Motherwell 2 Rangers 2 League Cup 1975

bobbybingo

A crowd of 20,561 saw Motherwell twice come from behind to secure a 2-2 draw with Rangers at Fir Park in this Scottish League Cup sectional match on 23rd August 1975. Rangers goalscorers were Sandy Jardine and Alex Miller, with Bobby Watson and Willie Pettigrew replying for the 'Well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyJENCLdOAo

Is there any footage of the (I think) 1977 Cup Tie vs Fergie's St Mirren at Fir Park......that was the biggest crowd / best atmosphere I was ever in at FP...... epic game

Ditto .............. had to be well over 30,000. Was up at the fence and I've never been in such a packed terrace. The sways were amazing :notworthy:

Is there any footage of the (I think) 1977 Cup Tie vs Fergie's St Mirren at Fir Park......that was the biggest crowd / best atmosphere I was ever in at FP...... epic game

Last saw those highlights on a history of St Mirren video, dont think they're available anywhere else....yet!

Definately the biggest crowd and best atmosphere I've ever seen at FP.

Cup games at home to Hibs and Celtic the previous season (1976) ran it close though.

Fir Park back then was always great when it was almost full to overflowing!:yahoo:

Sadly not so today.......all seater stadiums killed that.....:nod:

Great occasion, terrible game. Ferguson had St. Mirren set up to kick teams off the park, so we set about them from the start. Not too much football played that day, especially in the first half (which was so bad the highlights that evening started with the second half kick-off).

Would've been 8 then, sat in the Main Stand with my dad. Next to us was a St Mirren fan with his wee boy. Talking away to us before kick off, no problem, but he got angrier and angrier as the boots flew in, ended up wanting to fight ma dad.

I do remember havin a bit of a riddy about how hard/dirty we were that day, but Peter Millar's auntie worked in the shop just up the road from us, so I won't hear a bad word said about him...