If We Could Re-Sign One Player For Definite Next Season, Who Would You Choose?

David

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you choose?

• James McFadden
    • Michael Higdon
    • Darren Randolph
    • Tom Hateley
    • Nicky Law
    • Chris Humphrey

As the thread title says, if you were given the blank cheque to re-sign one of the above players for another year, who would you choose?

This isn't to say that the others would definitely leave of course, but rather is to see which player the fans (on this forum anyway) would most like to see stay.

My vote goes to big Higdon. I feel that a player who's slotted so well into our side and who can provide the goals he can is pretty priceless. Strikers who do what he did this season aren't easy to come by.

thats a toughie because Higdon would not be where he is just now without his team mates

he's not a Leigh Griffiths or Niall McGinn who will create chances out of nothing - he's an old fashioned penalty box striker who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net given half a chance (and he's done that very very very well this season)

for me it would need to be Law or Randolph - those 2 for me are the 2 from the list who will defo go on to bigger and better things and will be able to perform at a higher level

• Like 1

Either Randolph or Faddy. Both are much better than our level and both will probably be off.

Our team was slammed full of creative players but Faddy has just added that magic to make it happen. Our defence has been pretty shoddy this season but Randolph has been outstanding.

I reckon theres still a decent chance at keeping Higgy, and we can get by with a central midfield of Carswell and Lasley.

Really difficult to pick just 1 of them.

Have gone for Randolph but after pressing the vote button thought should've gone for Higdon!

Randolph has earned us a good few points this season with his displays, Higdon has scored the goals to earn us many points also.

Maybe there's a multi-millionaire waiting in the wings who'll come in with the cash to allow us to keep them all........

If only!

McFadden.

He is the one player on the list we definitely cant afford.

There is still a chance (albeit slim in most cases) that the others could sign on again. Those chances would increase if the players knew Faddy was signed up.

His very presence is a strength to the club and the team.

Well, they've all got the chance to play European football, (again), this summer. Something they won't get at Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Southend, Coventry or whoever else might be sniffin around from doon sooth.

I'm not going to pick one, don't consider it fair to the others - I want them all to resign, and continue to do wjat they surely must be enjoying doing at the moment. Grass isn't always greener guys.

Have to go for Faddy as well… he's the only one who's likely to produce something out of nothing once or twice a game.

If Higdon does stay, and I hope he does, it has the potential to be a tricky season for him. Realistically he's unlikely to match this season's goalscoring tally even if he does maintain good form, and if he doesn't start banging them in again straight away the usual suspects will likely start getting on his back.

• Like 1

Higdon's been a joy to watch this season and I'm lucky to have witnessed both his and Wullie P's record breaking seasons.

For all that, I think we will face a bigger challenge (although, only just) in trying to replace Law.

Really difficult to decided, but I think Faddy has the biggest influence on a match so would have to be him. I don't want to see any of them go though.

I think if Higgy signs on we have a chance of keeping Faddy, don't know why but I just get that feeling, I also think Humphrey might stay as well, Randolf and Law will be gone. Tam is the only one I can't get any signals from. If he gets offered more money else where he will be off, if not he will stay, pretty basic.

I have voted for Higgy.

I'd love to see Faddy, Randy and Law stay but I think they'll be moving on to bigger and better things and we won't be able to compete with the wages anyway. If we could match an offer from a Championship Club or Celtic it would be at the detriment to the rest of the squad.

There's no point in having one stand out player if we can't put out 10 other players that will help him.

I agree that Higgy only has the goals because of the work his team mates do but he knows the way to the back of the net. It will be easier to get players that can create chances for them than trying to replace him.

James McFadden.

All of the above players as good as they are were all brought in within our budget and theoretically could be replaced within our budget with equal quality..

Ruddy was meant to be irreplaceable but yet we landed Randolph. Sutton would be a massive loss and difficult to replace his goals yet we found Higdon. Not saying its going to be that easy to find players of the quality above again this summer but its possible.

Faddy however is a cut above anything we can realistically(in the long term anyway) afford and is far too good for us and the chances of us replacing him with a player of similar quality are very, very slim. Probably just about impossible.

Tom Hateley would be the one player likely to stay, as Im not sure there will be a great deal of interest in him, But would Love Higdon to stay. Law, Humphrey, Randolph, and McFadden have probably shown enough to merit links elsewhere, at various levels in football, both in Scotland and England.

I have loved every minute of Faddy being back here but the one downer is that he will leave us all over again (albeit maybe come back in 2 or 3 years)

Total fantasy but I wonder if McCall and the board get together with all the guys and suggest to them that if they stay and with perhaps one or two astute signings especially at the back then they could be part of something very special next season, a Euro run, a cup win and perhaps even a title challenge who knows. That's once in a lifetime stuff that none of them will get at Burnley or Hull.

It's a difficult question as I think any one of those players going would be a big loss for us but I went for Higdon who just edged it over Faddy for me. I love the big guy, he's the spearhead of our front line and is a proven goal machine. Give him the service and he'll get the goals and that's crucial to us. Different type of player altogether, but he's our best striker since Tommy Coyne.

I have loved every minute of Faddy being back here but the one downer is that he will leave us all over again (albeit maybe come back in 2 or 3 years)

Total fantasy but I wonder if McCall and the board get together with all the guys and suggest to them that if they stay and with perhaps one or two astute signings especially at the back then they could be part of something very special next season, a Euro run, a cup win and perhaps even a title challenge who knows. That's once in a lifetime stuff that none of them will get at Burnley or Hull.

I'de love it happen but sadly I think the only chance of that is if a 'well fan wins the Euromillions and is able to provide a fund.

Noway will or should the club be breaking the wage structure, regardless of how tempting it will be to do so. We have been down that road before........

Noway will or should the club be breaking the wage structure, regardless of how tempting it will be to do so. We have been down that road before........

Quite agree, although to be fair, I presume we don't really know what we're paying him now. For all I know, maybe we could actually afford to pay him top-end of our pay scale, but only if we were we to lose another couple of players without replacement (which could happen, though I'd rather it didn't). That would still be a massive pay cut compared to his EPL days, but sometimes enjoying yourself is more important than the money.