Motherwell Fc Memorabilia Thread

underboyleheating

Nice top and fake or not I'd wear it . Doubt I'd pay that kind of cash though.

It’s hard to tell the quality of the item from a pic (stitching ect), however, they are only worth about £12 and are probably made for around £1. I still think it’s very odd that they are even bothering to make this shirt. Although, I notice that the same ebayer is selling a fake Dundee United 1979 league cup shirt as well.

Mental, it went for almost £100 including p&p. ohmy.gif A licence to print money. I sincerely hope no one on here paid that kind of money for this fake shirt.

Don't worry, it wasn't me.

EDIT: I did have that Dundee Utd shirt when I was a kid, but that was the genuine article, and as close as I could get to our Adidas effort.

These shirts may be my fault!! Before Xmas my mate from Scouseland got this immaculate Liverpool adidas yellow away shirt from the 80s on ebay.

It was a fake but a total belter. I went in and got the guys email address and sent him a picture of the 81/82 team (which appears to be the one used now on his advert) and asked if it was possible to replicate it. I stated how it was a rare strip and he could sell a few to 'Well fans. He replied saying he could (in pigeon English) make it but that was the last I heard til I seen them turn up on ebay.

I don't know how many were made but I see an XL has just appeared on ebay today, especially for any fat 'well fans out there.

I managed to get the first one that appeared on ebay, got it for £20 and currently its just arrived in the UK, (according to the tracking from thai post, reliable, i'm not sure).

If its the same material as my mates Liverpool top it'll be good but I can let you know when it arrives if its a shanker!

hopefully the person whos just forked out nearly 100 bangers for it realises its not an original......although if they've paid £100 for it more fool them!!

hopefully the person whos just forked out nearly 100 bangers for it realises its not an original......although if they've paid £100 for it more fool them!!

Originals will set you back at least £100+. This guy now thinks he has hit the jackpot as similar fake adidas shirts regularly sell on various online sites for just £12 + £5.10 P&P. To get a £100 has just made him a huge profit on a shirt that will have been made for buttons. I salute him and his sweatshop.

Too right, i knew i was getting stung for £20 but £100, hes goin to feed his family for a year with that sale! Ha

He certainly won't be cooking meals for a while, as he will be eating out in the finest restaurants courtesy of Motherwell fans. popcorm1.gif Safe to say that he will be making a few more.

And so the hunt for an original continues...

I have more chance of spotting a Big Foot.

The last I heard Big Foot was spotted wearing one.

In the early days old kit was either ditched or used as training gear. Clubs today are more aware of the value of club memorabilia and usually sell it on ebay to raise money for things like youth development. A few players from that era would have been allowed to keep the shirts, however, I would imagine the majority of kit would have been left with the club. I know the kit man at Motherwell has a large selection of match worn tops, he just might have one in his collection.

Aye, I messaged the boy seeing if he had any smalls and he messaged me back in pigeon english saying that some mediums were on the way and then an incomprehensible sentence that I think meant smalls will be appearing soon. Definitely won't be paying £100 but i'd maybe bid it up until it hit around the £30 mark. How good is the quality Frazzle?

Pretty decent. The MFC and adidas logo are embroidered patches and the three stripes on the sleeves are panels rather than 3 embossed stripes, if that makes sense. The more I look at it though, the more I think a medium might have been better for me, given the style in 1980. And for folk who don't know me, I'm 6"3, not fat but have the breasts of a teenage girl.

Aye, I messaged the boy seeing if he had any smalls and he messaged me back in pigeon english saying that some mediums were on the way and then an incomprehensible sentence that I think meant smalls will be appearing soon.

Must have been that Scouser that mio mentioned then....