Player Sponsorship, Raffle 13/14

Brazilian

Payment sent, going for 2 in a row

Cheers

Alistair

£10 sent iain. Thanks for doing this again

Andy

Cheers guys, contributions received into Paypal

Hmmm, I can't seem to PM yet - think I might be on some sort of probation. Can I just drop an email to the Hotmail address above?

sorry forgot PM didnt work until you have something like ten posts, yeah as Andy P says that email will work, or when I checked paypal tonight I seen an email address for you so have sent one your way from my regular email

thanks again folks, one strip guaranteed now, but more than happy to leave it open to go for two strips, or a small donation to youth development on top of one strip if the funds dry up?

Do we have any players left to sponsor..??:evilgrin:

I know you jest but....... Now send in a fiver to help get some players in :whistling:

Who have you asked to sponsor, Faddy? :whistling:

You know I've asked, after all who wouldn't and who would giv away that scoop?

So first agreement signed sealed and paid in full

Usually try and reserve a junior player and a senior player, not always possible but very happy thanks to the contributions so far to be able to help the club out and give someone the chance to pick up the sponsors gifts at the end of the season

Stuart Carswell, Young lad has performed very well so far

image.jpg

EDIT: should have added , happy to leave this open and try and raise enough for a second contribution to the club, think the lowest amount is £275 for an away shirt sponsor?

• Like 4

going to try and raise funds to sponsor at least one player again.

it'll be the 9th season by the WTFC-steelmenonline forums

If you want to join in, just pledge an amount in this thread and I'll add it to the first post as we go

THE IDEA & COSTS

The idea is that people contribute in multiples of £5 in order to get their name on 'raffle ticket' for a draw. Each £5 increment will get a name on a ticket & place in the draw

The winner of the draw will receive the sponsors privileges ( sponsored top & opportunity to receive it at an end of season event)

So, if you donate £5, you will get one chance at winning the strip/s, whereas a £20 donation will get you four chances and so on.......

It's basically whatever you can afford, but £5 is the minimum pledge. I thought about making it £10 but folk in the past have pledged various multiples of £5 and it all goes into the club

not everyone can sponsor a player as an individual, but doing it like this we can help support club and every fiver contributed has approximately a 1 in 65'ish chance of winning

It costs up to £350 to sponsor each player, last year we managed to reach £700 to sponsor two euro tops @£350 each which was pretty amazing

so hopefully as a group we can get some money together again and help out

PAYMENT options:

Send PayPal payment to.... iainmande@hotmail.com , PayPal takes a cut but if the contribution is marked as a GIFT payment then I should receive the full amount and the sender covers the charge

Please remember to include your board name in the PayPal payment so I can mark it off, and also that it's for sponsorship and remember its a GIFT payment

message me with a PM or post here, if you require postal details to send a cheque or if you'd rather meet up and pay cash.

I think Ecky and Stipelsgod'dad had a good evening out last month as our winners, at the night in the centenary suite in the company of players and management.

2013-2014 pledges (paid in bold)

SteveDiggle £20

SMc £20

Big Wispy Flossy £20

Denny C £20

WeeYin £25

DelBoy £20

yosemitesam £20

NottsMFC £20

snap19 £20

Linsey12 £10

ClaretandBamber £20

Ecky £25

coolhandluc £10

siebsbarmyarmy £20

specialaka £15

Kmcalpin £20

Optimus Prime £20

Andrew K £10

Well_nuts £20

Mad_Dog £50

Andy P £10

siebsbarmyarmy £20

StipelsGod £

wellarmy £10

Brazilian £xx

• 2 weeks later...

Tenner sent across as promised. Hope to send another tenner in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, Andy ,received it on paypal

Iain, apologies. I haven't been able to send the money over as yet. No idea when I'll be able to, but I will at some point. Probably better to take me off the list, and I'll get it paypal'd as soon as I can!

no worries , no rush at present anyway, be a few weeks at earliest before I can move it on with the club, happy to leave this open until at least the season starts

• 5 weeks later...

How are things tallying up Mr Brazilian? Do we need much more for a second player or is the Box to Box thing in the programme a potential option if we are too far away for a second player?

£435 £455 contributed to date, £350 paid to club for Stuart Carswells sponsorship

Leaves the, £85 £105 balance

I was in the process of paying for a senior player with me underwriting the balance of costs and felt confident that we could have covered the amount in full with some left over, but the deal fell through.

leaves us with the decision on what to do with the excess?

Andy has suggested the box to box, which is effectively and advertisement/mention in the programme

we also have the option of purchasing, 50-50 draw tickets or something like Well lotto tickets where proceeds go to youth development, and has the potential to provide a return that would of course go back into the club via sponsorship for larger amounts or for smaller amounts more draw tickets etc.

any of the contributors got suggestions or preferences?

• Like 1

we also have the option of purchasing, 50-50 draw tickets or something like Well lotto tickets where proceeds go to youth development, and has the potential to provide a return that would of course go back into the club via sponsorship for larger amounts or for smaller amounts more draw tickets etc.

I'm not overly concerned Iain so long as the club benefits. However, your suggestion above seems sensible.

• 6 months later...

Just an update folks, for got to post in December

all the money contributed is now with the club:

I put some towards it, and agreed to sponsor

Euan Murrays, top for the remainder of the season, no fancy advertising or nights out

So one person who contributed will get Stu Carswells top and a night out and a second person who contributed will get one of Euans tops at the end of the season

I'll sort out a prize draw sometime before the events are announced.

thanks again for contributing

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

update folks,

Prepared ticket stubs, one for every £5 contribution and went up to the ticket office last night

where Wendy, was kind enough to draw the winners names out

Weeyin, gets Stuart Carswells top

Toxteth_oGrady , gets Euan Murrays

both guys also receive an invite to the annual sponsors event.

I've managed to contact WeeYin, edit: and Toxteth :cheers:

but Toxteth is in hiding, if you know him please give him a nudge to respond to PM or email, I'm not a Nigerian general

• Like 4